az89gt

az89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
To answer your question BassPro, it was a completely different transmission. My original trans stayed in AZ (sold it local for what the core charge was) and I ordered a whole new trans from PBH.

I wanted to post up an honest review on their website or FB page, but apparently that's not an option, so I posted here. I did notice on their FB page that every post is about cars that go 7's and 8's - I guess they can't waste their time on a simple 9.90 car...

I'll be looking at local tuners, Juggernaut and PBD and post an update once I get a tune and get the car back out to the track. All suggestions still welcomed!!!
Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I may be missing something here, but why did you swap out the transmission originally? Because Lund said so, or was it something different? Was there anything wrong with the transmission? Many moons ago I went with JPC Racing to do the tuning on my car and I had no complaints with it, to be honest with you. They don't do remote tuning, but I had an amazing experience with them.

Lund only cares about you if you're a big name with an audience.
Well that didn't help Terry apparently lol.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I agree with what is being posted on here. Carry on!

eating-popcorn-im-watching.gif

OP
OP
az89gt

az89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ford20: On the Lund tune at the dragstrip, the car would fall flat on it's face on the 1-2 shift, and data logs showed it was flaring to 8,200rpms. When I requested Lund fix the tune they viewed the data logs and told me my transmission was bad and needed to be replaced - In my mind (and my mechanic's) the original transmission was fine, but they insisted it was bad, and couldn't fix my problem with a bad transmission in the car. That's why I bought a new transmission from PBH, which ultimately proved it wasn't a transmission issue as it shifted identically, and was in fact a tuning issue.

They fought me on it for a while but relented and revised the tune, only they screwed it up and the 1-2 shift was coming in at about 5,000rpms. Now that we're on rev 11 of the tune, the 1-2 is good but the 2-3 and 3-4 are off. And again, there have been no changes to the car after that first hit at the track where it was flaring to 8,200rpms - This all boils down to their inability/unwillingness to provide a tune that works for my car, NOT a case of me asking them to chase a moving target.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I did notice on their FB page that every post is about cars that go 7's and 8's - I guess they can't waste their time on a simple 9.90 car...
I'm going to guess that most of those cars are using turbo 400's and (that transmission) don't doesn't rely on a tune from Lund.

As far as rev 11, I'm surprised they went that far.

EDIT for clarity.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Other remote tuners will also start talking about cutting you off or asking of more money for tune service after a similar number of troubleshooting sessions.
That seems really shitty of them (and others that do it) as a business. You as a customer paid for a properly working tune, and if it's acting up and not driving correctly then they need to do revision after revision until it does drive correctly eg. what the customer paid for. If that takes alot of troubleshooting sessions, well that's on them for not being able to deliver a quality product. There should be no limit to these sessions up until the customer is satisfied and got what they paid for.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Last edited:

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Well Alex from Lund gave his thoughts on this about 22 to 26 minutes in. For the duration I watched, it seemed Alex is still saying that they think it's a mechanical issue and not their tune. At least it's very clear their position.

Now if you have better luck with other tuners, post what they say the problem actually is. Lund says it's a trans issue/mechanical and we can all have a full open awareness.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
AED, Wengerd, PBD, Juggernaut, Ortiz all worthy options to consider.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I'm going to guess that most of those cars are using turbo 400's and don't rely on a tune from Lund.

As far as rev 11, I'm surprised they went that far.
are you saying that 7 and 8 sec cars don’t get tuned by Lund? Lol just checkin

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I watched about 2 minuets of the video.

Tune it yourself, welp that is exactly what I did. It took me a couple of years to learn Fords system (still learning) but I'm better off for it. So I will say thank you. Had you guys treated me with just a bit of respect, back when you answered your phone, I might not know how to tune.

So thanks again.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I guess my post is a bit miss leading. No I mean Lund does not tune a turbo 400 transmission, they just tune the engine. It is very easy to tune these cars WOT. Anyone who can use a computer could do it. Driveability is another story.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Well Alex from Lund gave his thoughts on this about 22 to 26 minutes in. For the duration I watched, it seemed Alex is still saying that they think it's a mechanical issue and not their tune. At least it's very clear their position.

Now if you have better luck with other tuners, post what they say the problem actually is. Lund says it's a trans issue/mechanical and we can all have a full open awareness.

That YouTube channel is enough for me to never consider using Lund.

Edit: My above comment was based on one small clip I had seen in the past. I knew better than to click on the link and listen from 22 to 26 minutes, but like the train wreck it was.... Just couldn't help myself. Why would any business owner allow something like this representing their business?

Last edited:

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I'm having similar issues with my car and this tuner. Runs like awesome anytime I'm over 50% throttle. Drivability is a huge issue though, and they are repeatedly blaming bad parts or bad ESS kit parts. This car has 24k miles on it and was 100% perfect before I put the kit on. It's not bad parts. Also, I got a test tune from ESS and low and behold 98% of my drivability issues vanished. You don't say!

I'm finishing out my testing with ESS's techs (who have been amazing btw) and am probably going to re-enable the IMRC's, and then I'll call up Wengerd and give him a shot.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
he already commented, but yes, tuning is heavily in transmissions these days, wot is pretty easy, well, except in my case, the car kept shutting down, and they refused to acknowledge the tune

"known good file", and i'm their largest dealer....

so, my question was, how many
2018, 10r80, bl fab single 94/100, fore fuel system, fic2150, stock cams locked, pmas maf, 30 psi, cars are you tuning???

answer? 1

so how is it a known good file when its the only car with this exact combo.......

That YouTube channel is enough for me to never consider using Lund.

Edit: My above comment was based on one small clip I had seen in the past. I knew better than to click on the link and listen from 22 to 26 minutes, but like the train wreck it was.... Just couldn't help myself. Why would any business owner allow something like this representing their business?
exactly..... when you complain, they send their bulldog out to beat you up in public to try to keep people from complaining.

of course they tried that with me and it backfired big time.. i pulled 120k a year from them and sending it to juggernaut, ortiz, and coastal now.

Alex was mouthing on his channel too about how they were going to raise prices to "weed out" dumb / idiot customers...

1 week after me dropping them, setting a new personal best in worse air with juggernaut.... they ran a tune sale......and now they are running another 8 weeks later lol......

Senior tried to black list me with manufacturers and thats when i said enough is enough.
Sponsored