Sponsored

Better daily driver wheels/tires for performance pack 2?

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Anyone replace the performance pack 2 wheels and tires for a better daily setup? Afraid thise cup 2 tires are gonna suck in the houston rain. Plus a little softer ride quality and less road noise with something like a mpss 4s would be nice.

Is running a smaller front wheel/tire an option? Or, would it require an alignment if i switched back and forth from the 305's? I know it has some negative camber built in.

Looking for thoughts before i make a decision on the car....
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Cup2s will be horrible in the rain for a daily car and will not last long as a daily.
You can absolutely run different wheels/tires and definitely go down in size.
You will not need an alignment when changing wheel sizes.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
MP4S are still kinda loud but they’d be the best recommendation for warm rainy climate like H town. There are some other summer tire choices for lower budgets which but MP4S are one of the best daily sports car tires that also excel in wet conditions.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why would you want to get rid of those highly sought after PP2 wheels. The cup2 tires I get, mine lasted from the dealer to the tire shop. I've been running the Nitto 555G2s on mine for a year now and love them. I've run them as daily and track tires in dry and wet conditions. Zero complaints with them. Seem to be wearing good, handle well, dry and wet, and quiet. All in 305/35/19 on stock PP2 wheels. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Why would you want to get rid of those highly sought after PP2 wheels. The cup2 tires I get, mine lasted from the dealer to the tire shop. I've been running the Nitto 555G2s on mine for a year now and love them. I've run them as daily and track tires in dry and wet conditions. Zero complaints with them. Seem to be wearing good, handle well, dry and wet, and quiet. All in 305/35/19 on stock PP2 wheels. Just my 2 cents.
I was really wondering how much better a narrower wheel would be up front for cruising/ride quality. I hear such a wife front tire can cause some harsh trammeling (sp?). Those wheels are sexy tho...

Got a pic of how the nitto's look in the wheels?

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was really wondering how much better a narrower wheel would be up front for cruising/ride quality. I hear such a wife front tire can cause some harsh trammeling (sp?). Those wheels are sexy tho...

Got a pic of how the nitto's look in the wheels?
I dont have a problem with bad tramming....not saying it won't do it but the road has to be pretty bad and even then its managable.

20200918_155121.jpg

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Because they weight 2 twice what they should?