Best stop the hop options?

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
I have a 2019 GT with pp1,a10 and active exhaust. I got answer back from Steeda, whom i would probably buy from, but it was kinda vague. Maybe i wasn't clear enough on what i want. Soooooo, here is what i would like.
My main goal is to eliminate wheelhop but not increase vehicle noise or any harsh feel That sometimes comes with suspension changes. Better handling is not too important to me. I don't push this car very hard around corners as it is. So what mods will target wheelhop only? I am a dragracer at heart, so a nice combo that will allow a solid consistant launch on the +4 tires is my goal.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Bias plys. Best stop the hop I know of.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
What question were you asking & to whom did you ask?

If you are a drag racer at heart & are going to be enjoying the car at the strip - then we have the following packages available:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

steeda-mustang-irs-stop-the-hop-package-0.jpg

We have this kit on our Steeda Silver Bullet Drag Car:

Plus, you can see what BIlly Johnson said about it here:

https://www.steedablog.com/2017/07/25/tested-steeda-anti-wheel-hop-package/

Let me know what I can help answer for you.

TJ

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What mods are you going to do? A stock A10 does not need any suspension mods. Best you can do is launch at 2200 rpm and on any prepped track it will not spin.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
Crcpdx i will try loading the converter a bit to see if it helps. But after reading that review TJ pointed me to i suspect i might like the results of the ultimate stop the hop kit.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
My 19 A10 I did the BMR lockout kit, the one that looks like mini traction bars then did upper control arms, vertical links and drag springs from BMR also. Feels way more solid. I did ride in a friends car that had them all but he also had the bushings installed that really lock the rear end. Those I wont be doing because the noise was really noticeable and I did'nt care for that. That was all done the first week of owning it, ha

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If you are going to drag race, the key solution in my opinion is drag radials. With street tires, I could launch OK on a prepped surface without hop but it would hop insanely on the 1-2 shift in drag mode. BMR lockout and vertical links didn't eliminate the hop but DRs did.

I have no experience with Steeda's stop the hop kits but their reputation is excellent. If I didn't already have the BMR pieces, I would go with Steeda.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those steeda products are known to increase vehicle noise. They're more track focused. If you want a balace between little road nosie and reducing wheel hop start with BMR IRS lockout kits.

Btw, I have no wheel hop at 700hp with R rated tires and no stop the hop kits of any kind

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Those steeda products are known to increase vehicle noise. They're more track focused. If you want a balace between little road nosie and reducing wheel hop start with BMR IRS lockout kits.

Btw, I have no wheel hop at 700hp with R rated tires and no stop the hop kits of any kind
Agree that R rated tires are key. Also agree that the BMR cradle lockout kit doesn't add much if any NVH. However, in my experience on street tires, the cradle lockout kit did not stop the hop on the 1-2 shift in drag mode.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agree that R rated tires are key. Also agree that the BMR cradle lockout kit doesn't add much if any NVH. However, in my experience on street tires, the cradle lockout kit did not stop the hop on the 1-2 shift in drag mode.
Can't say. I stopped it when I upgraded tires and can launch from a dig in drag mode without any hop before and after adding boost. never had to add any kits.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I did the Steeda Stop-the-Hop Starter package a few months ago, and it made a huge difference. I'm not much for going straight, as I'd rather have to work for my fun, but it definitely tracks straighter, feels way more planted in the rear end, and has much less hop than it did before. I also swapped the garbage Pirellis for Pilot Sport 4S tires, but you already have those.

JR

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I did the Steeda Stop-the-Hop Starter package a few months ago, and it made a huge difference. I'm not much for going straight, as I'd rather have to work for my fun, but it definitely tracks straighter, feels way more planted in the rear end, and has much less hop than it did before.....
Doing those mods also improves handling, not just straight-line acceleration. I have no idea why Steeda doesn't market/advertise those benefits more, but IMO the handling benefits were even more impressive than just stopping wheel-hop.

When that rear-end is truly laterally solid, it makes a huge difference.
Sponsored