Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jerry
I see youre in Randolph, Im just down route 10 in East Hanover. My Mach 1 is currently at Performance Ford for the mods in my signature. While I cant comment on the Whipple yet, I can say I had a 2014 GT with a Roush and some other upgrades making 600 whp. My two recommendations are as others have mentioned, tires #1. Whatever you go with you'll need a DR compound tire. I was running 315/30/20 Nitto NT05DR, which is very similar to the 555 II. Definitely get yourself 11" rear wheels to help put it down. The other #2 item is gears. I had 3.73 which pretty much lit up the tires through second. If you retain the 3.73 you'll have to modulate the power via your right foot. When I geared down to 3.27 (I cant remember the exact ration, it may been 3.31) the power applied a lot better in first and second. This coupled with the 20's (stock was 19) making the tire a bit taller, had my final ratio around 3.15 or so.
With the kits you're considering, you'll be in the 700-800 range, you'll need help putting it down
Sponsored

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Act Ex. MT82 Stick
I've got a 19 manual with a hellion sleeper kit and love it.
ZRussian13, what rear gear ratio are you using? Also, which of the Turbo's from the Hellion Street Sleeper kit? (55's, 62's or the PTS's?)

Do you have an after-market shifter?

Thanks Again!
- Jerry

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
ZRussian13, what rear gear ratio are you using? Also, which of the Turbo's from the Hellion Street Sleeper kit? (55's, 62's or the PTS's?)

Do you have an after-market shifter?

Thanks Again!
- Jerry
3.73s
Base 62s
Stock shifter w steeda shifter mount bushing and lpx-hd clutch

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Check out Alex youtube channel from Lund Racing, he seems to be very happy with ESS kit on his MT82 car.
Brad1810r80,

Thank you for the link to that video! I saw the other video of the White Car doing the Pulley Change Dyno pulls. I'm really very impressed with the ESS Tuning kit. They are not a name that I am familiar with, but it looks like they are certainly another good Centrifugal option!

Alex looks like he is very comfortable 'no-lift' shifting that GT! Is it me, or is he a little slower with the Vette?

Even with the quick shifting that he is doing with the GT, you can hear the RPM drop/recover on each shift. This is my concern with the Turbo Kits. I've experienced it on my old Vortech LX 5.0 and that type of linear HP increase with RPM is what I really enjoyed.

If I had the A10, the Turbo kits or the PD blowers would certainly be my choice!

Thanks for sharing!
- Jerry

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
PC_Guard,

Thanks for the suggestion, I saw the video of the White Car doing the pulley change tests on the dyno and I am very impressed!

- Jerry

Sponsored

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
If you don't have the right tire in the rear, all that power will go to waste. I'm swapping to some nt555ii tires this Spring, but I don't think that's going to help me much in first and second gear.
Duff TT,

Thanks for the response! I totally agree with you on the tire/traction issue! Spinning 'aint Winning !!! LOL

Have you thought about running the MT Bias Ply 'DR Pro's' on the back? I'm not sure if they make a size that would fit your needs, but the bias ply tires offer a bit more forgiveness with sidewall shock that a high horsepower manual trans car produces.

Thanks again!!!
- Jerry

DUFF TT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Twin Turbo
Duff TT,

Thanks for the response! I totally agree with you on the tire/traction issue! Spinning 'aint Winning !!! LOL

Have you thought about running the MT Bias Ply 'DR Pro's' on the back? I'm not sure if they make a size that would fit your needs, but the bias ply tires offer a bit more forgiveness with sidewall shock that a high horsepower manual trans car produces.

Thanks again!!!
- Jerry
Yea, the size, specifically height, is the issue. I'm running a 27.4" tire now, and I don't think I could go more than about an additional quarter inch in radius without having fitment issues. The MT tires in the correct width and wheel size are all too tall.

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
With the kits you're considering, you'll be in the 700-800 range, you'll need help putting it down [INITIAL][/INITIAL]
Mike,

Thanks so much!
I appreciate the feedback and understand the 'traction' issue!
I'd like to meet up and see your Mach1 when the Whipple Install is complete!
Sounds like it's going to be a really nice combination!

Where do you take your car for Dyno/Tuning?

Thanks Again!
- Jerry

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Let me know if I can help with anything.
LethalSteveG,

WOW, that is a great writeup on the different options that I mentioned! Thank You so much for putting all of that together, it really is helpful!!!

I thought I saw that your company also offered the ESS Tuning kits? Maybe I was mistaken since I was reviewing almost everything that I could find!

Do you have any feedback on their kits?

From the YouTube video that I saw of the Pulley Swap testing, it looks like you could get away with a 115mm pulley on their G3x with the 1050x injectors and a BAP on a Gen3 manual car and not need further fuel enhancements?

Appreciate that great writeup and the 'real world' experience!
- Jerry

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
PC_Guard,

Thanks for the suggestion, I saw the video of the White Car doing the pulley change tests on the dyno and I am very impressed!

- Jerry
Its the route im going, and Im a street only guy. Super easy install and very efficient/powerful on 93

I had already discussed with Brandon on here somewhere about recycling the BOV to quiet it down to be a bit more of a sleeper situation

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Mike,

Thanks so much!
I appreciate the feedback and understand the 'traction' issue!
I'd like to meet up and see your Mach1 when the Whipple Install is complete!
Sounds like it's going to be a really nice combination!

Where do you take your car for Dyno/Tuning?

Thanks Again!
- Jerry
I havent on the Mach 1 yet. I am going to run the Whipple tune for a bit. I will likely add a dyno tune at JDM in Freehold. (I bought the Whipple from them, they ordered the right one and when the kit was for an F150. They handled it like professionals and did more than they were oblogated by getting it rectified.)

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Hello everyone!
Using my first post to gather opinions on what is the best Forced Induction Kit for my 2019 GT Premium with the MT82 transmission and PP1 (3.73 gears).

I've had a manual trans '88 LX 5.0 with a Vortech that I LOVED, sold it a couple years ago.
I'm also familiar with Turbocharging, since I own an '87 Grand National.

I've been all over the Beefcake and Lethal Performance sites to study all of the Kits that they offer.
It's very confusing once you look at all of them!!!

I've been looking at Vortech V3 Stage 2, Procharger Stage 2 with a P1X, Whipple Gen 5 3.0 kit and the Hellion Kits (Top Mount and Street Sleeper).

So far, I'm wondering if the Whipple and the Hellion kits would not be a good match with the on/off throttle/gear changes required with the MT82? Turbo's would have to re-spool and the Whipple may be too much at the gear changes?

I really enjoy the Turbo Hit, but have never had a Turbo on a manual trans car. I'm sure the Hellion's would kick butt with the A10s!

Thinking that the boost rise with RPM such as the Vortech and ProCharger might be the ticket?

Any opinions are welcomed!
Thanks for reading!
- Jerry
I would be happy to help set you up with a kit. If you have any questions or anything feel free to PM me! We have a large customer base and lots of data out there on how well our kits perform. Many of the big name tuners have them on their personal cars. We keep pricing low by utilizing the wholesale direct model and keeping a direct customer to manufacturer relationship. Re-sellers and distributors will always direct you to the product they make money on, not necessarily the best product.

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
I would be happy to help set you up with a kit.
Thank you Brevin@ESS!!!

I'm still in the 'information gathering' phase, but I do appreciate the offer!
You may be getting some PM's from me with questions about your kits, if you don't mind!

Thanks again!
- Jerry

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Thank you Brevin@ESS!!!

I'm still in the 'information gathering' phase, but I do appreciate the offer!
You may be getting some PM's from me with questions about your kits, if you don't mind!

Thanks again!
- Jerry
No problem at all!

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
@LethalSteveG
@Brevin@ESS
@beefcake

I am really impressed with the Vendor Support at this site!
It is incredible that you guys respond so quickly to questions and always ask how you can help!!!

The Mustang6G community is blessed to have you guys!
- Jerry
Sponsored