Sponsored

Best FI Kit for a '19 GT with MT82?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Like a lot of the others said, you really cant go wrong with any of the kits made for the coyote. They are all going to give you a nice power gain over stock. It just depends on the style of driving you do and the look you want

we handle pretty much every brand available but one I can make you an amazing deal on any of the kits
Sponsored

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Act Ex. MT82 Stick
I can make you an amazing deal on any of the kits
Beefcake,

Thank you so much for the offer!
I'm still in the 'information gathering' process but getting such great advice from all of you guys is VERY HELPFUL!

I appreciate it!
- Jerry

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I doubt there truly is a "best" kit. Unless one of these kits makes more power all across the RPM range than everyone else AND comes in at a cheaper price than everyone else AND has a much easier install than everyone else. LOL!!

For me personally, after going over everything in my head on what I want to do with my GT, I think the Roush kit is my best bet. The main points being ease of install, price, and end results. I'm not looking for the highest numbers as this is my commuter car. I simply want to make it a little faster. It looks like the Roush kit is exactly what I need. Considering that the 750HP kit with install and tuning is typically around $10,000 I think that seals the deal. But really all of these kits have their high and low points. They're all soo close that I might even change my mind before I get the Roush kit installed.

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
They're all soo close that I might even change my mind before I get the Roush kit installed.
4V Mayhem,

I agree!!! All of these kits available with so many +'s and not many -'s is a Great Problem to have !!!

Good luck with your purchase/install and Thanks for replying!!!
- Jerry

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have an Edelbrock 2650 with a manual.
It comes on boost quickly and it's a riot to drive.
If for some reason, you want to do 4 digit power, I would recommend the Whipple units, because the 2650 units will max out around 1050-1100 whp. And that's a high boost number.

I want 4 digit power so I'm wrapping over to twins. I will have a Barton shifter installed in the transmission. My build is not a good apples to apples comparison because I have ported heads, and a 5.2 engine.

Should be done shortly

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Really depends on what kind of blower you want to go with and how you want the power to hit. I have always thought a centri blower like a procharger or vortech on a stick car would be some real fun to row gear in.

Whipples are probably the most popular blower we install they make good power and are good all around when it comes to the quality of the kit, the cooling, and overall how much power you can make.

If you want something that will have a lot of punch on the street and gives you all the power up front a TVS is for you.

Personally, I have an auto but, I run the Edelbrock TVS 2650 and it rocks. lots of power right off the jump and it has a very good kit design as well, they are pretty easy to install! It is a riot to drive and you can have all kinds of fun light-to-light running away from stuff!

At the end of the day, any supercharger you go with can make whatever power you want within reason, any of them are capable of making well over what the stock bottom end will hold up to. Power delivery is the biggest question on how you want the boost to come in.

pm me or call us so we can discuss options! We would love to help you out!

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
pm me or call us so we can discuss options! We would love to help you out!
Thank you so much Livernois Motorsports!
I'm sorry that i left you off of the Vendor List to Thank!
I'm a new member and still getting used to what's available out there and who sells/support what!

Thanks again!
- Jerry

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Thank you so much Livernois Motorsports!
I'm sorry that i left you off of the Vendor List to Thank!
I'm a new member and still getting used to what's available out there and who sells/support what!

Thanks again!
- Jerry
No issue at all! Just let me know if we can help. We love mustangs here and have a lot of experience with the coyote platform! from basic n/a bolt-on builds to full-blown race cars! or if you had any questions regarding tunes, parts, blowers anything WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)

Ptrug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP Convertible with FI
I installed an ESS SuperCharger in my 2019 GT Premium PP With Lund Tune and I am very impressed with the power, especially for the price. All in about 6k with me doing all my own labor.

This build put me at about 700Hp while still staying on 93 pump gas. If I went E85 I could hit the Mid 800s easy just by swapping out the pulley.

Here is my full build.

Mustang S550 GT G2 Supercharger Kit
Pulley Diameter: 6PK 120mm (8PSI)
Intercooler Size: G3 spec (40% larger)
Intercooler Blow Off Valve: Summit Racing 50mm
Fuel Injectors: FIC 1000
Fuel Pump: Stock with Lethal Performance 40v Booster Pump
Plugs: NGK 6510 (What gap?)
IMRC Lockouts
Fuel: 93
Passenger and Driver Side Catch Cans
Crank Case Breather Valve
Roush Performance Exaust
Resonator Delete Replaced with H Pipes

Sponsored
OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
This build put me at about 700Hp while still staying on 93 pump gas.
Ptrug,

Very impressive! Quite a bit of power out of the G2 (With G3 intercooler)!
How did the install go, since you did it by yourself?

Thanks for sharing!
- Jerry

Ptrug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Ptrug,

Thanks for sharing!
- Jerry
Pretty smooth, but I did a lot of research before starting. Inspecting each part and diagramming how it fits together under the hood and lots of YouTube videos on how to change the injectors and do the IMRC lock outs, gap the the plugs etc...

The instructions are pretty clear and they also give you a step by step video (which is also on youtube) of the entire SC install. The plugs, injectors, fuel boost pump and IMRC lockouts are additional installs not covered by the instructions but was pretty straight forward with the proper research to identify each and every step required.

All total took me about 8 -10 hours over 2 days for EVERYTHING including injectors etc...

Hardest part believe it or not was getting the belt on with the new pulley configuration. It was TIGHT and I needed to configure a matrix of wrenches to provide a long enough handle to push the tensioner deep enough to get the space needed for the belt.

To give you an idea of the power... 10 speed automatic. I had her at 140 in 6th gear doing about 5500 RPMS... Top speed has to be over 200. It being winter where I am now I can't fully open her up until the spring and I need to get drag radials. The torque is to high for my PS4 tires so I have not been able to WOT her yet.

Ptrug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Ptrug,

Thanks for sharing!
- Jerry
FYI I did the G3 intercooler so I could upgrade her very easily. All I need to do is change the pulley, impeller and go E85 to hit 1000HP. All easily accessible parts.

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
IMRC lockouts are additional installs not covered by the instructions but was pretty straight forward
Ptrug,

I didn't realize that locking out the IMRC's was required!
I already reviewed the installation instructions on the ESS Tuning site, and they looked very clear and easy to follow.

Is the IMRC lockout a requirement of the kit, or was it requested by your tuner?
Do you know if all of the other FI kits require this?

Thanks!
- Jerry

OP
OP
SLIC V6

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
To give you an idea of the power... 10 speed automatic. I had her at 140 in 6th gear doing about 5500 RPMS... Top speed has to be over 200.
Ptrug,

Damn, that is super impressive!
Stay safe and ENJOY!!!

Thanks again for your input and responses!!!

- Jerry
Sponsored