Sponsored

Best Boost for the Buck: (Why Spend More?)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So,

Most of you all on here know I pretty much call it like it is, no fluff, and I hate seeing folks spend money they don't need to spend. (No matter if that's on our products or anyone else).

But, I am here to clear up one of the most commonly asked questions that I get. "Which kit do I need" and here is my short, very short answer. To make sure folks don't overspend... (since again, I feel like a PC is one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to boosting)

97% of the folks on here, can be bucket into three groups:

1) Never will build the motor, ever (or won't keep the car that long)
2) Stock for a long time, but "might" add rods and pistons someday
3) Will do full motor, cams, converter, axles, built trans (and the kitchen sink)

So here are your quick answers:

1) = Base HO kit and or Stage 2 Kit will be more than enough. (with room to turn up)

2) = Stage 2 with P-1X upgrade will be perfect. (The blower will easily support 900whp on E85, and is more than enough for 97% of owners). This is your best bang for the buck for 1000+ crank HP.

3) = This is the ONLY time you should be considering an STG2 and D-1X or an F1A94. Otherwise, if you are trying to turn these blowers down, then you will end up with a soft midrange. These units need to be spun up to at least 75% or more of their rpm range, to really get into their sweet spot.

I am actually going to do a video here soon, with our company car running (4) different blowers at (2) different boost levels.... low boost, and higher boost. To showcase the difference in curves, and that "bigger isn't always better"

Hope everyones 2022 is rocking!
Erik @ ProCharger
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Look forward to it.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15ā€™ GT
15ā€˜,Stock motor, manual and corsa catback
the base kit will make 8ā€™ish lbs out of the box, correct?

next pulley size is roughly 10lbs?
the next?
thnx

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
in

BuzzNectar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yepā€¦Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the results. Have done positive displacement before, but kinda interested in trying a Procharger or similar. Technically itā€™s the wifeā€™s car, but she likes power too!

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
This is a great post and people should heed this advice: I ran a d1x on the largest pulley on a stock engine and compared to a p1x we dynoed, I would have been better off with the p1.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
This is a great post and people should heed this advice: I ran a d1x on the largest pulley on a stock engine and compared to a p1x we dynoed, I would have been better off with the p1.
What were the differences between the 2?

Sponsored

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
Yes, agreed; however, if you run a 4" or smaller on the D1x is it a great blower. I am currently running a 4"

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Yepā€¦Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the results. Have done positive displacement before, but kinda interested in trying a Procharger or similar. Technically itā€™s the wifeā€™s car, but she likes power too!

Dude, that's cool. I actually been letting my lady enjoy the toys and builds more. Which has been to see her involved, and enjoying it!
Sponsored