Best audio settings?

GN34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the 12 speaker system and I'm happy with these settings at the moment. It is a work in progress though.

I tried the Driver Seat setting, but found the soundstage too narrow and focused.

So I switched to the All Seat setting and adjusted the Fade and Balance.
It sounds more open to me.

Fade is pushed 1 notch to the rear.
Balance is pushed 2 notches to the right.

Bass = 0
Mid = +4
Treb = +6

I do find that cd's sound better than the Sirius channels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
I have the 12 speaker system and I'm happy with these settings at the moment. It is a work in progress though.

I tried the Driver Seat setting, but found the soundstage too narrow and focused.

So I switched to the All Seat setting and adjusted the Fade and Balance.
It sounds more open to me.

Fade is pushed 1 notch to the rear.
Balance is pushed 2 notches to the right.

Bass = 0
Mid = +4
Treb = +6

I do find that cd's sound better than the Sirius channels.
I haven't messed with the fade or balance too much, but I do agree, the all seating does sound more filling. What type of music do you use this set up for?

Sirius is only good if you have nothing to listen to or don't mind the poor quality. I've been using it since I have bad cell phone reception half the time and it's not too poor that it bugs me. Better than some of the radio stations.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I like having a girlfriend, so I'll go with the non asshole approach.

Lol. My wife does not complain. Most passengers will not notice unless I become an a-hole and tell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
I use Bass at full, Mid and treb at +3 from center. I ALSO use the EQ setting on my iPhone to really wake up the 401A system.

If you have an iPhone, go settings --> Music --> EQ --> (select your desired setting) I use the Bass Booster one. With this setting you'll at least discover that the 401A did in fact add a sub to the car lol.

Sponsored

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you still use the driver setting even when you have someone in your passenger seat?
If we're actively listening to something, I'll switch to All Seats. Then again, I usually don't bother when the system is just on for background noise.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
What type of music do you use this with?
Hip Hop, Rock, Classic Rock, Country if the wife is in the car.

I crank the volume up quite a bit, and get nice clear bass this way, with decent clarity and nice mids and highs.

I'm coming from my truck with about $3k worth of JL components. I had a killer system in that truck, and found this as the best way to utilize the factory stereo.

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Guys immediately jumping into EQ first are doing it all wrong. If you haven't messed with the Fader setting, you haven't heard the stereo in this car. Your EQ (Bass, Midrange and Treble) is subjective - you do what sounds best to your ear. However you've GOT to adjust the Fader before you get started.

The goal is to set the Fader so an equal level of volume is coming from your front speakers in the doors and the rear speakers on the rear deck. You want full, detailed and rich sound that's going to fill the entire car. The quickest way to do this is to set the Fader so that ALL sound is coming from the rear speakers and gradually Fade it forward until you get the right mix. THEN mess with your EQ.

-SeventhWard

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Guys immediately jumping into EQ first are doing it all wrong. If you haven't messed with the Fader setting, you haven't heard the stereo in this car. Your EQ (Bass, Midrange and Treble) is subjective - you do what sounds best to your ear. However you've GOT to adjust the Fader before you get started.

The goal is to set the Fader so an equal level of volume is coming from your front speakers in the doors and the rear speakers on the rear deck. You want full, detailed and rich sound that's going to fill the entire car. The quickest way to do this is to set the Fader so that ALL sound is coming from the rear speakers and gradually Fade it forward until you get the right mix. THEN mess with your EQ.

-SeventhWard
Unfortunately for someone who is deaf such as myself, that would be impossible. However I have found that driver mode sounds better and has a bit more of a bass bump. I will try any recommendations on this thread to see which sounds the best (I can hear with hearing aids).

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

-SeventhWard
While I will agree the fader comes into play a lot, where you set it is also subjective. In my current car, I have my fader set at F+6 so that most of what I hear is front stage, leaving the rear speakers to just fill in for rear seat passengers when I have them. I prefer to hear all the music coming from in front of me similar to a concert. Now in a factory stereo setup, that might not be ideal since that will reduce a lot of the overall volume inside your car, but I have image dynamics components up front running on a rockford 400/4 so they get considerably louder than stock. Not sure how I'll setup the Mustang since I haven't taken delivery yet.

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Bass: 100%
Middle: 60%
Treble: 20%

That's the setting I usually go for. I listen to electronic and sometimes metal/rock. This setting gives the bass a nice kick that I enjoy.
Would you say this is the best setting for maximum BASS? The lack of bass in this vehicle is really killing me

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
Would you say this is the best setting for maximum BASS? The lack of bass in this vehicle is really killing me
I've found that this does give me the maximum bass without muffling out the rest of the music. I listen to metal and electronic most of the time. This setting does muffle out some of the high pitched sounds you find in metal, but it's really nice for electronic.

But hey, I can't tune it for every music type ever, so I'm happy with this setting. :)

I noticed someone mentioned something about using the EQ on device and adjusting the fade. So I might try those too.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I've found that this does give me the maximum bass without muffling out the rest of the music. I listen to metal and electronic most of the time. This setting does muffle out some of the high pitched sounds you find in metal, but it's really nice for electronic.

But hey, I can't tune it for every music type ever, so I'm happy with this setting. :)

I noticed someone mentioned something about using the EQ on device and adjusting the fade. So I might try those too.
Ah I see, I mostly listen to R&B and Hip-Hop which sounds the best with high bass.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Do you still use the driver setting even when you have someone in your passenger seat?
I always leave it in driver mode. If there are passengers in the car, the sound system is off and I have a conversation with them.

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
Two thumbs up to whoever suggested using the equalizer on the phone to boost the bass.

I just tried it and it sounds wonderful!

I have the Poweramp media player on my Android phone. My current settings are:

Bass 100%
Middle 20% (lowered the middle from 60% to reduce the sound muffling)
Treble 20%

And my Equalizer preset on my app is set for "Bass", which really raises the lower bands and slightly increases the higher hands.

With these settings, it actually feels like the V6 speakers have some oomph.
Sponsored