Sponsored

Best Sound Settings for Premium Models?

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have an EcoBoost Premium and was looking for opinions on the best sound settings (bass, treble, mid-range, etc). I've seen a thread about the base models but not the premium models. I mostly listen to rock. I'm not an audiophile by any means but the sound system to my untrained ears has been really disappointing. Somehow the 18-year old speakers in my last car (Acura CL) sounded better. Hopefully changing the settings will help somewhat.
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
There is no 'best' setting; you may as well ask what pizza is best as it is completely subjective. You just have to play around until you find what you like.

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
I just knock 2-3 ticks off the bass level, leave everything else flat, and I'm ready to rock.

Audio source matters a lot. The Volbeat CD(!) I stuck in the other day sounded really good. Nice 'n' punchy. A thumb drive full of ripped music less so.

And forget about listening to anything hard or heavy on Sirius XM... That's just a horrible swishy smeary mess! :barf:

1994Redfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Ruby Red
I have the treble up to the max, bass up three, and the midrange -three. Hd radio sounds great, but if you are listening to Sirius the sound quality is not half as good. Which is really disappointing because I love the commercial free rock stations.

OP
OP
Mustang Convert

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've listened mostly to Sirius, which I had thought was supposed to be good quality until reading this post. Is there much quality loss with Bluetooth?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang Convert

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There is no 'best' setting; you may as well ask what pizza is best as it is completely subjective. You just have to play around until you find what you like.
Well what's a good starting point? What are your settings?

1994Redfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Ruby Red
I have not tried Bluetooth, but I had read somewhere else the sound quality was not as good. Good old CDs sound fine though.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
what i noticed cd sounded best of course,bluetooth was better than sirius,and driver setting was slightly better than all seats setting. I'm up one on bass, mid range middle, and highs up 3 clicks

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've listened mostly to Sirius, which I had thought was supposed to be good quality until reading this post. Is there much quality loss with Bluetooth?
Sirius is broadcast @ 4-64kbps compression. Even poor quality mp3s are 128kbps. It's on par with AM radio for audio quality.

Well what's a good starting point? What are your settings?
I've completely replaced all my speakers, sub, and amp.... But i would start flat across all three and work from there, one at a time. Normally I'd be on the + side for treble and bass and - side for mid.

I found out late that the bluetooth quality is horrible in this car. Hook your phone to they usb and it's a night and day difference in quality.

"Driver" setting focuses audio to the center speaker in the dash, so it's down-mixing stereo to mono. Far from desirable.

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
"Driver" setting focuses audio to the center speaker in the dash, so it's down-mixing stereo to mono. Far from desirable.
Hmm, I hadn't figured out that's what it was doing. That'd explain why I preferred the other setting, tho...

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Sirius is broadcast @ 4-64kbps compression. Even poor quality mp3s are 128kbps. It's on par with AM radio for audio quality.

I've completely replaced all my speakers, sub, and amp.... But i would start flat across all three and work from there, one at a time. Normally I'd be on the + side for treble and bass and - side for mid.

I found out late that the bluetooth quality is horrible in this car. Hook your phone to they usb and it's a night and day difference in quality.

What kind of phone do you have? I've been trying to connect my phone via USB and everytime I try it gives me an error saying the phone is not compatible. I have a Moto X. So far Bluetooth works well but I'd still like to use the USB.
Sponsored