Sponsored

Battery goes dead

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
Hi,
Wife has a 2018 GT with all the bells and whistles except for the PP2. This car is more of a garage queen then an edd. It has less than 5000 miles on it.
Here's the problem, twice, once last spring and now again the battery is completely dead. Dealer is telling me this is normal because of all the electronics.
Wife gets messages from Ford Pass that tells her her car is being put in sleep mode to conserve battery power.
Is anyone else experiencing the dead battery issue and what's the sleep mode all about.

Thanx for reading this, John
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Totally normal. Get a battery tender.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
yup. When the battery voltage drops, it will also disable the passenger side handle unlock too.

Disconnect the battery and get a BatteryMinder or BatteryTender charger for the battery. Get a good one that will also desulfate.

All normal.

Welcome to the modern era.

Either that or just drive it often.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep. You have to leave the battery connected to a smart charger all the time. That's what I'm doing with mine. I decided to pay out of pocket for a 96R AGM DieHard battery, which is a stock replacement, and fits perfectly inside the battery box. Forgot to hook it up one time, and after 4 days, it was red and orange when I hooked up the charger. Put a sulfating charge on it, and haven't forgotten to do that again. If I let my car sit for a week, it probably wouldn't crank. And yes, alternator is perfectly fine (car is basically new). I think the BMS (battery management system) might have something to do with that, but not sure, so I haven't disabled it yet. It charges to 14.0V for a while, but then it can go down to 12.0, which actually discharges the battery. Weird.
Sponsored