Sponsored

Bad gasoline?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Oh you poor poor thing. You don’t know what a Wawa is. Only kidding. It’s an institution in the Mid Atlantic states. I almost died when they opened one when I lived in Central NJ.

upload_2020-9-3_15-7-2.jpeg

I really miss Hoagiefest.

upload_2020-9-3_15-8-50.png
Great Now IM hungry ... thanks
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Wawa is only a few years old down in south florida but within the last 18 months you can almost find them more than before. Wawa was a north east think bit slowly started coming down.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wawa is only a few years old down in south florida but within the last 18 months you can almost find them more than before. Wawa was a north east think bit slowly started coming down.
I didn't know they were in Florida. Learn something new everyday.

Just a little history.

Wawa, Inc., a privately held company, began in 1803 as an iron foundry in New Jersey. Toward the end of the 19th Century, owner George Wood took an interest in dairy farming and the family began a small processing plant in Wawa, Pa, in 1902. The milk business was a huge success, due to its quality, cleanliness and “certified” process. As home delivery of milk declined in the early 1960s, Grahame Wood, George’s grandson, opened the first Wawa Food Market in 1964 as an outlet for dairy products.

Today, Wawa is your all day, every day stop for fresh, built-to-order foods, beverages, coffee, fuel services, and surcharge-free ATMs. A chain of more than 850 convenience retail stores (over 600 offering gasoline), Wawa stores are located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Florida, and Washington, D.C. The stores offer a large fresh food service selection, including Wawa brands such as built-to-order hoagies , freshly brewed coffee , hot breakfast sandwiches , built-to-order specialty beverages , and an assortment of soups, sides and snacks .

Our Logo: "Wawa" is a Native American word for the Canada Goose that was found in the Delaware Valley over 100 years ago. Our original Dairy farm was built on land located in a rural section of Pennsylvania called Wawa. That's why we use the goose on Wawa's corporate logo.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Look into "Top-Tier" gasoline. It's a certification program that guarantees a certain level of additives over and above EPA minimum standards. A lot of the major brands are in the program They have a logo that's displayed on the pump if the station you are using sells Top Tier fuel. Many, many places sell it. For example there are two places near me that tend to compete for the lowest price. QuickTrip and Kroger and both sell Top Tier fuel so I'm completely confident I get quality fuel from them.
Of course, any given store could suffer a mishap or mixup so there's never a 100% guarantee no matter where you buy gas.

atomicpunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
A lot of people say all the gas comes from the same place/pipeline, ect. but I had a S-197 before my 2020 and whenever i filled up with Wawa gas the car cranked longer and sputtered to life every time. When I filled up with Sunoco it would fire right up. There definitely is a difference in the gas and the Wawa gas isn't sitting in the tanks long, they don't make money off the gas. They use the low price to get you in the store to buy their shitty food while pumping.

Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Most gas comes from the same place, the difference is the additive that is put in when the delivery driver selects the station it's going to.
A lot of people say all the gas comes from the same place/pipeline, ect. but I had a S-197 before my 2020 and whenever i filled up with Wawa gas the car cranked longer and sputtered to life every time. When I filled up with Sunoco it would fire right up. There definitely is a difference in the gas and the Wawa gas isn't sitting in the tanks long, they don't make money off the gas. They use the low price to get you in the store to buy their shitty food while pumping.
In Las Vegas, it is all the same gas. There is a pipeline from Southern California that they pump gas up to Vegas in. They don't pump Chevron one day, Shell the next, etc. They pump 91 one day, 87 the next, etc. The only difference is, once it arrives in Vegas, it goes to the different facilities for the brand to add in their additives. My guess is some of the cheaper places add nothing, while others add the additives they are known for, (Chevron with Techron, etc.) so that is the difference. I would guess other areas of the country are similar.

Doug

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have only used Chevron for years. I have a Chevron card for probably 8 years now and it has been the best. I never have to go into the store and I don’t have to worry about my debit/credit card info being compromised. I just pay the bill at the end of the month and it’s about as stress free fueling you can do.
I have a 17’ GT with Power Pack 2. Minimum 91 Octane is required so I have been extra observant lately and have not had any issues with Chevron fuel ever. I do run Octane booster every other fill up, but here in SoCal all you can get is 91.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a Brit and instantly recognised the Wawa brand and style of station from my visits to Florida - perhaps they target the tourist area there as we fill the rentals up with the cheapest 87 we can find ... :crackup:

WD :like:
Sponsored