MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I like my automatic for commuting. There are plenty of times, though, when I wish it was a manual. Even though the newer automatics are faster, manuals are just more fun to drive when you're not in heavy traffic. (In any performance car, not just Mustangs.)
Sponsored

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
I like my automatic for commuting. There are plenty of times, though, when I wish it was a manual. Even though the newer automatics are faster, manuals are just more fun to drive when you're not in heavy traffic. (In any performance car, not just Mustangs.)
you telling me gapping all those MT-82 cars is not fun come on man........i hate mustang on mustang violence tho...haha....i will just beat up camaro's and dodges hahah...10R80 here coming tp you from the blue ridge mountains of Asheville NC....

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
This exactly. Generally, I enjoy a manual more than an auto. But on a daily driver with a 35 mile commute in ATL rush hour stop and go, the clutch is a little more workout than I care for. Luckily, with the performance advantage of modern autos, at least I don't have to give up any performance to get the comfort of an auto.

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
:like:
This exactly. Generally, I enjoy a manual more than an auto. But on a daily driver with a 35 mile commute in ATL rush hour stop and go, the clutch is a little more workout than I care for. Luckily, with the performance advantage of modern autos, at least I don't have to give up any performance to get the comfort of an auto.
:like:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
This gen3 on the corn is a beast. It would be fun in either manual or auto imo. The a10 is cheaper than a chiropractor for the occasional 2-5 gear spinal readjustment at wot. ;).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
My 6R80 is fun to drive and the 10R80 with the 3.55 is like a rocket.
I hate to admit it but the auto shifts better and faster than I can. Going to take it to the local 1/4 mile track soon. I want to see what she’ll do..

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Auto here. I had been alternating D and S in my EB PP (non-premium) 2018, but the throttle response is so different I have switched to 100% S transmission mode.

Waiting on my 2018 performance calibration to ship out... curious how it effects the Auto.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Are you using sport mode for daily? :p
Yes absolutely. To me D is very non-linear in throttle response and I don't like how it jumps gears. In D i am more likely to punch the throttle and then pull back because its unpredictable and what I would call mushy.

In S, I am now used to squeezing the throttle and it is more predictable and enjoyable. Squeezing in D results in a very poor result because it takes forever to get any "go." D to me kills the fun of the car even in moving traffic. Maybe I would consider D if I was in bumper to bumper traffic and very short distances between lights but in Tucson, there is no such thing as bumper to bumper :).

My wife just got a 370z which has an amazing throttle response and she refuses to drive in D in my car.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yes absolutely. To me D is very non-linear in throttle response and I don't like how it jumps gears. In D i am more likely to punch the throttle and then pull back because its unpredictable and what I would call mushy.

In S, I am now used to squeezing the throttle and it is more predictable and enjoyable. Squeezing in D results in a very poor result because it takes forever to get any "go." D to me kills the fun of the car even in moving traffic. Maybe I would consider D if I was in bumper to bumper traffic and very short distances between lights but in Tucson, there is no such thing as bumper to bumper :).

My wife just got a 370z which has an amazing throttle response and she refuses to drive in D in my car.
You need E85 tune. Mine w/ 3.55’s in D has big balz down low. 3000-3300 rpm shifts on tach banging through the gears pulls away from traffic very easy.

Sponsored

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
Love my 16 auto, but I do need a tune for it to shift better in D. But sport and paddleshifter use can be really fun when there isn't much traffic.

HDSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was a test driver for the Kenworth Truck Co. for 35 years. My left leg is twice the size of my right. My 16 auto with a Hurst shifter is a treat that can't be beat. Signed, THE HAPPY CAMPER.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I had a 6R80 in my 2014 GT, and it was boring in D. In S it was ok. But still not as much fun as a manual.
I had a manual in 2017 GT PP and it was fun, but to be honest I'm back on the fence waiting for something more.

Maybe the new GT500 will be enough to make me happy. If not I'm going to buy another Porsche.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Loving my A10 everyday... It is a boosted daily driver making over 660 to the tires and knock on wood the trans is better now boosted with a great tune than it was off the show room floor last April when I bought it...
Sponsored