Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

RobH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Steeda H pipe and ROUSH cat back, I still have the original silencer where the H pipe goes
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Steeda H pipe and ROUSH cat back, I still have the original silencer where the H pipe goes
I would be temporarily replacing the whole system with a stock system for the test. Even replacing the front H Pipe with the factory resonator will not have you under the 90Dba limit if you still have the Roush Axle Backs on there. I always tell customers to put aside their factory systems intact just in case, its then just a quick swap. Give me a call if you need some help. 03 9553 6915

RobH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I bought the car as an ex demo from Brighton ford (130 Klm on the clock) and it already had the Roush axel back on it so I never took possession of the original exhaust.
If any one has a standard axel back I can borrow for a week or two that would be most appreciated
Thanks
Rob

Last edited:

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I find you can conflicting advice when it comes to car parts/ upgrades/ performance etc..

I currently have an cat back exhaust on my 17 GT and was thinking about upgrading the headers and cats. I've had some conflicting advice about possible power gains. Some have said to not even bother.

There is a couple of posts above that mention 20-30 kw gain just on the stock tune. Is this really possible? It seems like a lot...

I'm happy to be educated.

Cheers.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you do headers then you want to tune.

These cars definitely come alive when you tune, and when you that + a full exhaust i've seen some damn solid power gains.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
There is a couple of posts above that mention 20-30 kw gain just on the stock tune. Is this really possible? It seems like a lot...
If you've ever seen a pic of the stock headers, you'll see why it's possible. They are some frankenstein bullshit, the diameter of one of the drivers side pipes is laughable

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
One of the problems you have with performance quotes is that mostly theyā€™re talking about the peak figure of power only and the ridiculous thing is that torque is not mentioned at all!? The factory headers will have a slight advantage in torque just off idle but the gains after that with both torque and hp are better everywhere with long tubes. Itā€™s the area under the curve that makes the difference.

NZmuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Streetfighter are a premium Australian exhaust manufacturer that have been supplying Ford enthusiasts for over 15 years .

We also guarantee NO Drone!

But that isnā€™t true is it. Iā€™ve had your exhaust for 2 years, installed by one of your registered installers and the DRONE has been independently verified. You promised to provide a fix once you got your exhaust set up for the 2018 cars and as of now you have provided no solution to the drone (ok you did supply sound dampning material to be fitted in the boot). Overall I like the sound and performance but the DRONE continues without a solution. Your exhaust has a huge drone.

NZmuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
David, it is you I had dealings with in 2017 and 2018. Sam Bakalich and co did the install in Auckland with exhaust, cold intake and tune. The drone was there from day one, a local performance upgrades suggested by Sam verifies the drone. He said he wouldnā€™t drive the car with it. We last communicated in May 2018 when you announced the 2018 supercharger and I thought this was the ā€˜2018ā€™ model upgrades including exhaust. You didnā€™t want to do testing on a 2017 car and thought the exhaust for the 2018 would solve my problems. Since then I have heard nothing.

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
If anyone is interested, these are by all reports excellently made and produce an awesome sound. Not cheap but it looks like they have free freight to Oz.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
If anyone is interested, these are by all reports excellently made and produce an awesome sound. Not cheap but it looks like they have free freight to Oz.
Hi Keith which ones are you referring to?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6