Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im very happy with the 3" Stainless Steel Manta cat back on my MY17 ... No drone at cruising speed but awesome angry sound when you put your foot into it..
Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
We are doing a special of 10% off our Borla Cat Back Exhausts for all 15-17 Mustang GT systems. Touring, S Type and ATAK systems will be at 10% off our already low advertised price. Mention that you have seen this promotion on this Mustang6G.com site and we will deduct the 10% for you. And yes we have them in stock ready to ship out. This offer ends 5.00pm Wed 17th July 2019. Visit our website www.americanspeed.com.au email [email protected] Call 03 9553 6915
BORLA MUSTANGS.jpg

Mitchelljd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Regarding the Quad Tip Diffuser/Valance on the 15-17 Models, Is there a consensus of what the best option is ? The Roush , GT350 & MP Concepts quad valance seem to be the most popular - However require some cutting into the original bumper which is a bit off-putting.

Has anyone had any experience with these/Recommendations ?

Thinking of going with the Solo Mach XV, has one of the deepest sounding notes i've heard.

Cheers,
Mitch.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I had the AWE Touring on my 2016. Sounded great, looked great, no drone.

Only downside was very loud on cold start (think cold winter Sunday mornings). I also think it would sound better on a manual.
Second these comments and those made by Paul (Bagration) as I now have that exhaust :clap:

AWE is beautifully made, fits like a glove. Cold start loudness is there but relatively brief, not sure if any catbacks will escape this unless you have a bimodal valve. The sounds it makes are very, very grin inducing and it has no drone I can detect. I've had nothing but positive comments even from people who aren't car enthusiasts. Put in the words of the lady who runs my local village post office 'you overtook me the other day, gee it sounded good!'

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
AWE seems great though I imagine it'd be one of those that you can not pair with headers as it'd become obnoxiously loud?

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Second these comments and those made by Paul (Bagration) as I now have that exhaust :clap:

AWE is beautifully made, fits like a glove. Cold start loudness is there but relatively brief, not sure if any catbacks will escape this unless you have a bimodal valve. The sounds it makes are very, very grin inducing and it has no drone I can detect. I've had nothing but positive comments even from people who aren't car enthusiasts. Put in the words of the lady who runs my local village post office 'you overtook me the other day, gee it sounded good!'

Glad to hear you like it!!

It was nicely carboned up for you, haha!!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
AWE seems great though I imagine it'd be one of those that you can not pair with headers as it'd become obnoxiously loud?
The post-header noise increase that the Coyote appears to deliver is interesting, it seems to be much greater than when headers are fitted to other engines but I'm only basing that on what I've read on here. I guess it's always going to be relative to the volume of the system without headers and the AWE Touring isn't particularly loud so probably on the better end of the scale as far as cat backs go. I like the fact that this system has neither raspiness nor the gurgling drain pipe sound at part throttle that some 3" systems do, so again it's probably a good candidate. Unlike the Frankenstein RHD headers I suspect the stock cat back doesn't impact performance much in NA form even when tuned, despite what exhaust manufacturers say, so headers on a stock system may be the way to go.

Glad to hear you like it!!

It was nicely carboned up for you, haha!!
:like:

Mitchelljd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
I had the AWE Touring on my 2016. Sounded great, looked great, no drone.

Only downside was very loud on cold start (think cold winter Sunday mornings). I also think it would sound better on a manual.

I have an MY18 now and the multimode exhaust is great - I use "Quiet Start" on Sunday mornings.

Happy hunting, I don't think you could wrong with either but if I was to do it again I'd probably go the Borla route.
I'm really coming around to the AWE touring , that H-Pipe has such a note with it. I saw you were Sydney based as well, where did you get the exhaust done ? How much was the install/total package?

Cheers,
Mitch.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Hey Guys, I've had a quick read through the forum to Gauge an idea for the Deepest 'old school' sound for the GT's - Im not such a fan of the raspy noise.

I'm really liking the Solo Performance Mach XV , Also quite liking the Borla S-type.

What seems to be the general consensus these days for the deepest sounding exhaust catback?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Mitch
Hi Mitch, we aren't sure if you have checked them out already, but our systems are designed to have the deepest tone possible. Whether you choose the Street System or something more aggressive like our Competition, you will no doubt be getting one of the deepest sounding exhausts on the market.

Our main distributor in Australia is Supercat Converters, if you wanted to contact them for some additional details.

Let us know if there are any other questions we can answer for you!

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I'm really coming around to the AWE touring , that H-Pipe has such a note with it. I saw you were Sydney based as well, where did you get the exhaust done ? How much was the install/total package?

Cheers,
Mitch.
I got mine from here:

https://www.scuderia-autoart.com/

I fitted mine on my own on jack stands after work one day, it literally took me longer to get it up and level on the stands than it did to change out the exhaust, it's like these cars are begging you to change it out as the exhaust is so easy to unbolt and the new one is a beautiful modular fit. I think I started my install at 4pm and I was finished on the ground and running by 5.15pm.

I can't remember what year you have but be careful with the one you get.

Some systems are a generic fit to suit convertible and fastback but apparently there are fitment issues of these on the fast back where the exhaust can foul the swaybar. Buy a system dedicated to the fastback.

Also the 2017 Mustang had an update in August or September of that year and there can be fitment issues if your car is after the date of the update, so you may have to provide your VIN to make sure the fit is correct.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT

Cheers,
Mitch.
Hi Mitch,

Like Burgo, I got mine from Scuderia-Autoart. They gave me 5 or 6% discount for being a Forum member - system cost was $2650 delivered to my door. Was beautifully packaged, not one piece was touching another and there was a complimentary "Blow-Pop" in the box which contained the tips.

I had it fitted at Extreme Exhausts at Penrith - Wayne charged me about $150.

GT 550 bought the system off me when I sold the car in November last year and like me found the system is really a work of art.

Happy "H"unting!!

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Hi Mitch,

Like Burgo, I got mine from Scuderia-Autoart. They gave me 5 or 6% discount for being a Forum member - system cost was $2650 delivered to my door. Was beautifully packaged, not one piece was touching another and there was a complimentary "Blow-Pop" in the box which contained the tips.

I had it fitted at Extreme Exhausts at Penrith - Wayne charged me about $150.

GT 550 bought the system off me when I sold the car in November last year and like me found the system is really a work of art.

Happy "H"unting!!
Scuderia supplied mine as well. Just like RSPEC-15 they gave me a discount for being a forum member. AWE also have a sub forum on here and are responsive to questions regarding their product (they were to me at any rate).

I had the system fitted here in Canberra and it cost me $124. The kit was beautifully packaged. If you go to the scuderia web site they will almost certainly say that the kit is out of stock. It isn't it's just that they are distributors and order direct for you. The shipping price was low and within two weeks the kit arrived direct from the US.

I know I'm sounding like a salesman but get onto YouTube and do a quick search for AWE and there is plenty of materiel about the kits they do. They are very big In the US Audi, Porsche and BMW world.

As to the headers apparently the mule car they use in their own mustang videos is a vehicle with American Racing brand aftermarket headers. So you should get a reasonable gauge as to tone and volume from there. This will be my last (major) upgrade for the pony mid next year.

Oh and my wife got the glow pop. Seemed reasonable :giggle:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I wonder how much of the volume issue with headers is due to people going catless, deleting mufflers and resonators etc at the same time. I've swapped the cast iron logs on a 7.2l big block Chrysler and a 5.8l Ford for 4 into 1 headers and the sound was crisper more so than louder. I don't understand why headers appear to make such a magnitude of difference on the Coyote.
Sponsored