Sponsored

Attracting every moron

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I think most people just want to see me get sideways or something. All of the 400+ hp cars never seem to want to play; it's always the dude in the civic si or something. Haters gone hate. Potatoes gone potate
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think most people just want to see me get sideways or something. All of the 400+ hp cars never seem to want to play; it's always the dude in the civic si or something. Haters gone hate. Potatoes gone potate
I can count to potato.

StuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 'vert
Short Di*k drivers

Have had to occur many times over the years, in my exotics, sports and pony cars. My new GT included. I suspect they are either trying to overcome a Napoleon complex or have VERY short male members. As for the chicks, they mostly just appear clueless and bird-brained. I try to avoid/ignore them or just turn off and then get back on a street.
The world is full of A-wipes and life's too short to fool with them.

SF-2015 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO Recaros
Okay, so I thought it was the CO, but I get a lot of revving engines, and all of the above... last one was a 2014 Corvette. Wanted to drag in a residential area, ugh!

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I took a fairly long interstate road trip this past weekend and I swear, people do not want to let you merge in this car. Not even people trying to race you - plenty of middle aged jerks I guess. Maybe they just see a fast car and think "screw this joker".

Sponsored

Strongbeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Base Mustang w/Auto, 2014 Focus ST
I used to drive a WRX and then later on, an STI. Those attracted freaking EVERY kind of asshat you can imagine. Ricers, minivans, bro trucks, muscle cars etc. They all would try to cut me off, blow by me or race from every light.

Then I got into the Focus ST and hardly anybody notices me. So when I have some fun and pull hard, the other driver is usually surprised. I think most people assume it's just a regular Focus hatchback. The most attention I get is from other WRX owners and they are usually pretty cool with the ST and want to chat. I think for them (being a WRX guy myself) the Subaru crowd followed Ken Block through the years and know he drives for Ford instead of Subaru these days so they usually know about the ST and RS line up.

But in the Mustang, the only attention I've had so far has been real positive. Where I live, we have a LOT of performance vehicles all over town and a wide variety of make and models. The 2015 mustang is still a pretty rare sight and I'm getting nothing but positive feedback from people. Nobody has tried to race me yet. But I know that'll happen eventually :)

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I took a fairly long interstate road trip this past weekend and I swear, people do not want to let you merge in this car. Not even people trying to race you - plenty of middle aged jerks I guess. Maybe they just see a fast car and think "screw this joker".
They just want to see you push the car.

Think about it. Take yourself out of the Mustang and pretend you were driving a Corolla and some sweet @ss ride rolls up next to you at a stoplight or merge lane...I'm sure your inner-kid-self would love to see the driver punch it. Know I would.

ecolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, magnetic, base, PP, Recaros

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Same here. The older and more beat up the more they try. It was the same when I had a BMW 540 a few years ago. My Acura TL SHAWD never attracted such fools, but it was every bit as fast as the 540! That car was a true license to speed, no one noticed it. The Mustang is way more fun, especially with the top down and the wind in your hair.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Thank you Ford for putting Brembo's on my new car!
How did you get Brembos on a ragtop?

Back on topic, there are plenty of idiots to go around. Was driving my wife's car last week (Ford Flex) when a punk in a fly yellow... Hyundai??.. some Korean coupe that looked/sounded modded planted himself on my rear bumper on a two lane road with few places to pass. I was in a line of cars myself so no way to speed up but for the next five miles or so he was only inches from my bumper (I could only see from his steering wheel up in my rearview mirror). If I hadn't had my kids in the car I might have brake checked him, which would have resulted in an exchange of insurance info as he was way too close to react.

We got to a traffic light and he used the left turn only lane as his own personal passing lane to get ahead of traffic and go straight. I could only marvel as his stupidity.

Sponsored

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have owned many high horsepower Mustangs and had my fair share of encounters with people who overestimated the ability of their car or themselves. Most are harmless idiots but a few are downright dangerous. My general approach has been to laugh it off and go on my way, as others say, don't take that bait. I will say this current gen car gathers more attention than any other both positive (in the way of approving looks and smiles) and negative (through dangerous maneuvers just to gain another 20 feet of highway). Enjoy your Mustang, drive it hard and avoid the morons!

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I have owned many high horsepower Mustangs and had my fair share of encounters with people who overestimated the ability of their car or themselves. Most are harmless idiots but a few are downright dangerous. My general approach has been to laugh it off and go on my way, as others say, don't take that bait. I will say this current gen car gathers more attention than any other both positive (in the way of approving looks and smiles) and negative (through dangerous maneuvers just to gain another 20 feet of highway). Enjoy your Mustang, drive it hard and avoid the morons!
The best is laughing at the morons who try to cut you off when merging when no one is behind them. Slow down just a little, go around them and ride next to them visibly laughing. They get so pissed when you drive away.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah? Do you get premature clutch wear?
LOL yep and I'm the only guy going backward at the drag strip when the lights drop,:doh::D

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't noticed anyone trying to race me. I did have one guy in an Olds of all things, fly past me on the hwy. I was thinking, "What's up with that jack wagon?" A mile or so up he slowed down to give me a thumbs up.
Sponsored