Sponsored

Attracting every moron

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Ok, I have my only complaint about this car. Seems to attract more crazy drivers then my other cars did. People that don't want to let you merge or my favorite the people in the 4 door sedan that think they are racing me and have to go by me at 30+mph over the speed limit and pass me to prove who knows what. Kind of curious if anyone else has noticed this. I don't drive aggressive. An occasional fast start from a light when I'm the first car but I don't weave in traffic or anything to make people think I'm trying to race them. Also never seem to have this issue when I drive my c300.
Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I don't pay much attention to those people. I had some guy want to run my old mustang from a stop light and I agreed. I actually wanted to get in his lane, so light turned, he gunned it and I just casually switched lanes.

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
I have somewhat noticed this as well. Had a Lancer (not an Evo) next to me at a light and I drove off like normal then 5 seconds after leaving the light he goes by me at like 80-85 in a 55 lol. Then if people don't want to let me merge or switch lanes I just down shift and make it happen lol.

OP
OP
thxultra

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I have somewhat noticed this as well. Had a Lancer (not an Evo) next to me at a light and I drove off like normal then 5 seconds after leaving the light he goes by me at like 80-85 in a 55 lol. Then if people don't want to let me merge or switch lanes I just down shift and make it happen lol.
Must be something with Lancers the latest guy I had do this was a lancer also. I was just driving 10mph over the limit casually and this guy comes screaming by and cuts over. I just laugh but had it happen a few times. Guy wasn't turning either were he had to be in that lane. It is like they need to compensate for something.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Happened to me the other day. NY driver in a turbo Sonata was sitting in the passing lane. Instead of just simply moving over he started accelerating but didn't move over. So here I am trying to pass in the proper lane and finally punched it a lane over. He then proceeds to tail me for another mile and try to pass me again. I ended up cutting him off as traffic started to thicken and slow him down. By that point he was pushing 100 and being a complete asshat. Not sure if just the car or dbag NY driver with a small dick trying to prove his Sonata is fast.

I had a good laugh in the end [emoji23]

Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is kind of like the little poodles barking at the rottweilers!

Let them be and make all their noise and when they see they

get nothing out of you, they move on!

Even a Rottweiler will get tired after a bit of the yapping and show his teeth.

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
I run into crazy people all the time where I live, but I also run into a lot of cool people and just chat with them at stop lights. Occasionally when the conditions are right I'll have a little fun with other drivers as long as they are not being reckless and crazy.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
LOL. I was just talking to a friend of mine about this phenomenon over the weekend. Around here, it's the BMW and Audi drivers who seem to wanna strut their stuff.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
This happened to me last night. I was kind of annoyed that this guy in his jeep grand cherokee thought he was fast because he could fly past me at 70mph in a 40mph zone. I caught him at the next light though and gave him a nice spanking. He went back down to 5mph over the speed limit after that lol

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
If I'm in the right mood and it's an empty road I will occasionally give in to the morons who think they have a shot off a stop light, but the worst is the people who speed up as soon as you put your light on to merge. I have no time for this and have had to drop several gears more than once to avoid very serious accidents.

CheeseHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP
Happened to me yesterday....I was cruising on the freeway after fathers day activities doing 80 and going with the flow of traffic. Out of nowhere this Chevy Cruze starts riding my ass and proceeds to try and go around me, but instead of passing me he just sits at my rear bumper for the next 10 miles. Every time I put my turn signal on and tried to speed up and move over he would do the same thing so that I couldn't merge into "his" lane. If I hit the brake with my signal on he would slow down and stay right with me. Had he let me merge over he could have jumped into the fast lane and gone along his merry way but instead we had to play this game for about 15 minutes until I got fed up and had to accelerate to a point that let me merge over safely...

Asshat....

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I think alot of people want to see or hear what your Mustang can do - the way different people urge you on to do this can be done in a nice way or an aggressive manner...some people are nice, some people are a**holes, but most people just want to hear/see/experience the car.

Same thing when I see an exotic or semi-exotic - 911 GT3, Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens...I'd like to hear and see them go...I try to be nice about it, give them a thumbs up, motion them to rev or accelerate a bit. I try not to be aggressive or douchey towards them because they're just people enjoying their cars like we are.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Don't take the bait.
Sponsored