Zrythe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dagan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi all first post on this forum, been sleuthing around here for a while:like:

I have a 2017 GT350 Track Pack with roughly 68,000KM/42,000Miles I bought used against my better judgement.

I'm having the last of my warranty concerns addressed currently. Over the past 3 months it has been in and out of my local dealer/service department having some differential components & an axle shaft replaced.

One of my concerns with no solution is vibration that can be felt to some degree through the pedals, rear of both front seats, front floor-wells & anywhere on the transmission tunnel area (Trim, Handbrake & the Shifter).
These vibes start at 4000-4500RPM and only happen with engine speed.

I have not owned the car that long and not had much seat time because of the corona but naturally this is a cause for concern for me as the dealer does not seem to know if this is normal or not.

To address this they apparently 'Neutralized the drive-line' which in their opinion has had a minor reduction in this vibration (which it has not) they have also tested another GT350 which exhibited the same symptoms, not too sure if i believe this.
They have very little experience addressing issues related to the GT350 as it did not sell very well in this part of the world and there is no other dealer I can go to.

I've searched through 400 forum pages looking for something similar to my issue and have been unable to find anything related.

So either i'm an inexperienced hypochondriac or there is something majorly wrong.

Would appreciate if you guys could put me out of my misery and shed some light on this :frown:
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Did you have this vibration prior to the differential and half shaft work? I had my whining 3.73 gears replaced under warranty in my 2012 GT years ago and it led to a driveline vibration. I could feel it in different places of the car at different speeds, depending on what was reaching the resonance frequency.

That being said the GT350 does vibrate in its natural state. My car has vibration and rattles throughout; different things start to vibrate and rattle as I move through the RPM range. I've never been bothered by this because it is a GT350 and not a Rolls Royce. Is the vibration you are describing only at this specific RPM range? Does it occur at more than 100 kph? Does it still happen with clutch pedal in?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Pretty normal vibrations. If it’s bothering you try some dynamatt or fatmat in the center console and the floors. Also the door panels. You can get different thickness of it in rolls or a paste application. It works pretty good, but it’s heavy.

OP
OP
Zrythe

Zrythe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dagan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did you have this vibration prior to the differential and half shaft work? I had my whining 3.73 gears replaced under warranty in my 2012 GT years ago and it led to a driveline vibration. I could feel it in different places of the car at different speeds, depending on what was reaching the resonance frequency.

That being said the GT350 does vibrate in its natural state. My car has vibration and rattles throughout; different things start to vibrate and rattle as I move through the RPM range. I've never been bothered by this because it is a GT350 and not a Rolls Royce. Is the vibration you are describing only at this specific RPM range? Does it occur at more than 100 kph? Does it still happen with clutch pedal in?
The vibration was the reason I took it in initially I would say it is more noticeable now. However this 'neutralization of the drive-line' only reduced the vibration through the shifter.

Everything is fairly smooth vibes wise until 4-4.5K pushing in the clutch reduces it as the RPM drops but does not stop it until bellow 4k
At 4,000 - 5,000 its like a switch has been turned on its less noticeable further up the RPM range

It had a clutch replacement in march they checked again to see if there was any damage or lack of clutch alignment, apparently it was fine.

This is a different vibration/rattle to the dashboard trim, gauge trim, shifter reverse collar, rear quaterpannel airbag etc, I used have those starting at 1-2,000rpm all the way up

OP
OP
Zrythe

Zrythe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dagan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Pretty normal vibrations. If it’s bothering you try some dynamatt or fatmat in the center console and the floors. Also the door panels. You can get different thickness of it in rolls or a paste application. It works pretty good, but it’s heavy.
Thanks for the response, maybe i'm just being paranoid

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
My 15’ GT/PP was smooth with no vibrations, and I was a bit surprised from the vibrations I received from the GT350 with the flat plane crank...just an engine characteristic

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
You might to look at the metal pucks on the exhaust that act as dampers. If they are loose then they won’t work very well and they have come loose in the past, with the older design.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My $0.02 on vibrations and noises...try to find someone local with a 350 and ride in their car. I didn't have anything on my car in this department that concerned me, but it does have it's own noises and feelings. After the track school and getting to drive two other cars that rode and sounded just like mine, I quit worrying (not that I was anyways) about everything after that. To me, this is step 1 if there's no certain, identifiable, problem.
Sponsored