Are Racing Stripes LAME? PLEASE HELP!

Kona5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Looks great but damn that’s low in the front. Ide lose the splitter leaving my driveway. You must have decent roads in your AO.
Yeah, roads are forgiving around here. I do admit scraping the splitter a few time’s on the driveway 😬. #splitterlivesmatter

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Not lame on a Mustang. Lame on a Corolla.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
So I been trying to decide whether or not racing stripes are lame or 🔥 . Because

1. I had a vinyl shop make me some for the front portion of my rebuilt GT350 and the color is way off.
2. for me to purchase the original ones its roughly $1000 just for the front portion
3. purchase an aftermarket stripe kit and hopefully the quality isn't complete 💩
4. Go for the clean look and remove all the stripes currently on it?
5. just leave it the way it is be different. lol

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

20221004_231105 (1).jpg
20221004_231120.jpg
mustang guys will know what it is right away,with stripes or without..i'd be temped to go without them.

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
Would like some comments about what stripes goes with grabber yellow that's not white or black would like to change the current stripes. Also am a 49er fan so purple is definitely NOT an option hahah.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The stripe thing is ok, has its place, just not on the street. And with every other car, all brands going by. In some cases, it's becoming a joke.

I say do what one pleases, I do think the heat of the look is getting smothered.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SC
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
If done right racing stripes look great. I don't really care what other people think are lame. Unless it's the circular Ford GT lights... those are lame and you deserve to get mocked if you put them on your car :) But racing stripes... nah. I think they look good.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Would like some comments about what stripes goes with grabber yellow that's not white or black would like to change the current stripes. Also am a 49er fan so purple is definitely NOT an option hahah.
If I recall correctly, grabber yellow has kind of greenish tint to it, right? Is it rather 'cold' color, tilting towards green / blue, rather than towards red/orange?

If so, blue stripes would be nice, with bright green outlines. Also, brighter stripes and darker outlines of the same color work nice - like bright blue stripes with dark blue outlines.
Green would work well, but you should check which hue of the green is better to your taste.

Another option may be greenish or teal stripes and orange or darker yellow outlines, so that they pop a bit.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Black and yellow is really nice combo, though. Add a red pinstripe to go with it, pops off the yellow. Otherwise, you could go with a dark blue stripe (with or without red pinstripe).

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX
I think the right stripes look good on the right car.

My 2007 GT had them from the factory

mMCRfKe.jpg

I did eventually remove them when I changed the look

zXBXKYc.jpg

I want to get a set of wide stripes for my 2020 but there are other things I want to do first.

My 1970 has hood stripes which I think set the car off.

RVzm6I2.jpg
Sponsored