HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I believe it really is people with little to no experience with RWD cars let alone cars with 400+ signing a contract at a dealer and driving out with a car that is above their skill set.
The Pagani dealer said the same thing after Lewis Hamilton crashed his Zonda into 3 parked cars on a clean dry city street.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Damn thing is a crowd eating time ticking vagina bomb.
I want your car cause my F150 and wide glide get female attention. My mustang only gets compliments from dudes. Thinking about trading for a raptor with a predator swap.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
There's nothing dangerous about this car. I find it pretty predictable, even with the nannies off. I feel this rep comes from younger people buying used S197's and not having the skills to control them. I'd have to boost this car to feel sketch to me because 460hp doesn't really seem that much until I glance at the speedometer.

I tell you what was a dangerous car, the 74 Formula Firebird I had. All that weight from the big block 455 up front, no nannies at all, no aero to speak of and small ass tires. Pony cars today are much faster but much less raw.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I tell you what was a dangerous car, the 74 Formula Firebird I had
Yup. For me it was my 1971 Plymouth roadrunner.. 440 4-bbl, & manual steering and manual drum brakes all around. Felt like I was gonna die everytime I went above 70 mph. Probably did a couple times haha.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yup. For me it was my 1971 Plymouth roadrunner.. 440 4-bbl, & manual steering and manual drum brakes all around. Felt like I was gonna die everytime I went above 70 mph.
Not a 71 but my 1970 speedometer went to 160 MPH and the car had enough power to bury it........
Loves me some Road Runner.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Cutting throttle is just one of the things it does. It's also grabbing brakes and things like that to straighten you out. If you screw up enough, though, it won't be enough. I've bumped up against it many, many times. I always run it active on my first autocross run to allow me to be more aggressive on cold tires. It can definitely save you from spinning. If you spin with the AdvanceTrac kicked in, you probably would have spun regardless.

An analogy would be blaming an emergency room for killing someone who has jumped off a cliff. The patient may very well have died in the hospital, but it would in no way be correct to blame the hospital for the outcome. The damage was done before the hospital was ever involved.
Not, going to agree,
With the nannies off, and after seat time. you know what the car will do and can counter act it, and drive out of it.
The nannies are not consistent so what it did the last time isn't what it may do this time so, you don't know what inputs to use, as it is a crap shoot. Sure for those that don't have seat time in their car or someone elses they are driving, it can help , but if you spent time in the seat and already have car control skills, the nannies are a danger not a help. Now if they were consistent, then maybe but so far I have not found them to be.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are stupid drivers more dangerous?
A traffic pack of cars is. even if all the drivers are not stupid. As we can't read minds to know what someone will do if they see an animal running across the road, or junk in the road, or a pot hole, blow out, you name it.
Most drives are not stupid, they are careless. Don't get me wrong there are a ton of stupid drivers, but most are not.
Most fender benders happen from driving in an area they don't know, and without thinking change lanes to get into the right turning lane or not to pass an exit/street. or looking for a address and looking at the sides of the roads and not in front of them.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I want your car cause my F150 and wide glide get female attention. My mustang only gets compliments from dudes. Thinking about trading for a raptor with a predator swap.
Women like pickups? Is that a Kentucky thing? Never owned one myself. I do see some small women driving huge trucks and having trouble driving them.
Do some husbands force wife to drive them?

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Younger women love my Mustang , I think it is the blue color. And I say younger because most are 30 years or more younger than me. My 36y/o daughter thinks it is funny, my wife just laughs and say's I'm not rich enough to be a sugar daddy, and slaps my butt. lol.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose stupid or ignorant can be relative terms that depend on the situation and the person involved. Those of us who have been in the middle east had to learn how to drive as the people do there. Which would not function here in the states. So, yes I was a stupid and ignorant driver over there... but I learned fast.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Yeah I know. I’m an old guy and I’m stuck in the old days…but back in the late ‘60s we had to learn how to drive our cars pretty quickly, and we did. Or else. Personally, if these cars had a master nanny switch it’d be the first thing I’d flip off every time I fired it up. I HATE having the car try to do my driving for me.

For me, I gotta think about it every time I want to do something simple as a little pull. The other day I had a friend with me who is a real car guy and wanted to see how the car felt going through the gears. So I flipped off TC then put her in Drag Strip mode and went about my business. At 7500 rpms just after the 1-2 upshift it was spinning pretty good and then I noticed a little bog. Damn! I had forgotten that you have to disable TC AFTER you go in to DS mode, not before. Otherwise the computer will put at least a little throttle chop back in.

I miss the days when stupid people were frequently allowed to 86 themselves before they had a chance to reproduce, and intelligent people weren’t penalized so the idiots were protected. If you can find one still running, try out a pre-nanny lawn mower and experience the simple joy.
Absolutely. It amazes me that the people who are most devoted to the Darwinian theory of evolution are also the most dedicated to keeping the stupid ones alive...... If you really believed in survival of the fittest you'd let all the stupid ones face their fate.

But getting back on topic hahaha....... I too grew up with posi rears and no traction control and learn how to drive my car.

While I appreciate stability and traction control and anti-lock braking for normal daily driving to deal with the unexpected, when I want to have fun I wish it was easy to just simply defeat it all.

Perhaps I'm getting old or perhaps it's all those years doing autocross I have yet to be in a situation where I've felt the car needed traction control to kick in. When I'm out carving corners and running through the canyons and driving at illegal speeds on track mode and set the esp off (5 second thing) car is sublime.

But if I pulled out of a C&C on cold tires and nailed the throttle not knowing what to do when the tires smoked up and back end kicked out, I'd be on YouTube too. But that will never happen Tires are too expensive to roach like that. 🤣🤣

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
My salesman gave me the keys to test drive a GT - on a rainy day - by myself. Only a little visible sweat on his forehead.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
What makes the mustang dangerous? The fuckin driver !! Lack of experience , spun up tweeker ,crackhead ,over confident ,or Practicing to be the next ken block.
Sponsored