Sponsored

Anyone else really struggle with glass?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I had an Amazon order to make today also and added these to the cart. I am eager to give them a try.
Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Always clean glass with a specific glass cleaning cloth using a mixture of 50/50 RODI water and IPA (I use 91%). Then use a separate glass cloth using Invisible Glass. If your windshield is still getting streaks get someone else to clean the glass.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
All OTC glass cleaners tend to have some amount of silicone in them. When you clean your auto glass do it out of direct sunlight and the best thing you can use is a 50/50 alcohol and water mix. Now if you want to use something else Spray Away was what I bought for my shops.
Now most people tend to just wipe down the outside of the glass and the interior side of the glass is the dirtiest because of sweat, dry skin, leather cleaner/moisturizer that heat tends to vaporize. It all attaches itself to the inside of your windows. I’d use the spray away first then the water/alcohol to clean off any silicone that’s left to stop the streaking.
good luck

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Pan the Organizer on YouTube has a great How To For Glass. Def a two towel
Job.

Also, put Adams Brilliant Glaze on the Inside. OMG the glass seems to disappear.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I did a rinse-less wash today and decided to give these cleaning cloths a try. I did clean the windows with Spray Away first and used my normal glass micro towels. I do think the towels were an improvement, as I did have some smears after the normal spray away and micro towel clean. After using the towels, those smears were gone.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
There are several reasons why streaks are left after cleaning glass. Here are a few points to consider when cleaning glass -

- Choose an appropriate towel, certain towels are better suited to glass cleaning. In general, you want a low pile towel designed for glass, or in my case, waffle weave. For each cleaning session, you want two towels, one for the initial wipe and one for the final buff.

- Wash your towels after use with an appropriate microfiber detergent.

-Don't use newspaper, this is a long-gone glass cleaning method due to a change in the ink formulation several decades ago.

- Use alcohol-based glass cleaners. Most sold for car cleaning will have an alcohol formulation, ammonia-based product like Windex have the potential to permanently stain plastic trim.

- For interior glass, generously spray your towel with the cleaner and not directly onto to the windows. Much cleaner and safer doing it this way.

- Make sure the glass is cool to touch. This is the single most important factor in getting streak free glass. If you don't believe me, park your car in the sun, clean the glass and see how that turns out.

- If the interior glass has not been cleaned in long time and you still have streaking, clean it again with a fresh set of towels and flip often to a fresh side. When the glass is super grimy, you will be moving that grime around with your towels. So, the first set of towels will remove the bulk of that grime, the second set of passes with clean towels will remove the remaining residue. This is why I have a couple of sets of glass cleaning towels on hand.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
No rocket science needed, I use water with a dash of dishwashing liquid (to relax the surface tension of the water) with paper towels.

From the outside the glass is coated every 2 years with Ombrello (nano-technical lotus effect coating), before applying I clean the surface with isopropanol and vinegar essence (both diluted 50:50 with water).
With this from 35 mph a wiper is no longer needed.
Sponsored