Sponsored

Anyone else happy not to drive their mustang and just look at it?

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Anyone else happy with having a mustang (or anything else in life), and the knowledge of having one and looking at one makes it feel awesome and satisfying enough?

When I had my mustang, I loved it, would drive it to friends places to show, the odd longish drive, but for my daily short trips to the shops id drive my other far more practical 1.3L car.

For me just looking at it in all its glory and knowing i have one, covers most of my satisfaction!

I know im going to cop a lot for saying the ^^^
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You're not alone!

I've had my S197 GT for 15 years. She was always intended as a toy for going to meets and shows. After every journey she gets detailed and put away in the garage. I love to just go out to my garage and stare at her in all her shiny glory! She is known to family and friends as the Garage Queen and currently has just 21,000 miles on her.

I had various other cars, including some nice BMWs, as daily drivers. But they just never got under my skin. I decided I needed a Mustangs as a daily car, too. There was no way I was selling the Garage Queen to fund it, so it would need to be a cheaper alternative. For 4 years I drove a V6 SN95 as my daily, then upgraded to a V6 S197, which remains my daily to this day. It IS fantastic being able to have a Mustang I'm not quite so precious about, although I still give her a weekly bath to keep her looking her best. I'm English, and having a Mustang......or two(!) is pretty rare, much like you in Australia I assume.

But getting back to your point, I do get almost as much satisfaction from just owning it and looking at it as I do driving it! I guess it's like having a 1:1 scale model.........I collect enough smaller scale models to drive my wife mad, so having a bigger scale model in the garage is the next logical step :giggle:

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I can relate to that feeling.
It's really an awesome car, for me it's not just looking at it but also taking care of it.. you know, making adjustments, cleaning, performing maintenance.

Sadly I didn't have much time for driving it before winterizing. But I plan to use it only on the appropriate (open and twisty) roads, and when I have time and mood.

I'll probably get a second one when the S650 reaches here, in the meantime I have to find a suitable garage... or showroom as my wife calls it.
Oh, and wife is becoming gealous of me spending more time with Janey that with her.....

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Nope, I bought this car to be driven, hard, and put up wet. I consider it my therapist. When I get out of a 10 or 12hr day at the hospital (that should have been 8hr shift), I warm her up and powershift 2nd & 3rd at 7400rpm getting on the highway. Better than any psychobabble stress relieving shrink, and probably not much more expensive.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I can't relate, sorry. I would drive it night and day if I could. At least I can drive it all year since I live in south Florida.

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Mines my daily but I work from home a lot so it doesn’t get used on a daily basis and sometimes it can be sat in the garage unused for 4-5 days at a time. As It’s a car I’ve wanted for a long time just knowing it’s sat there gives me a nice sense of satisfaction but I do get cabin fever with it and I find myself making excuses to take it out for a drive even when I don’t really need to

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Lucky enough to enjoy just looking at my two 1965 Shelby GT350's (one being a low two digit Venice car, and the other a never restored/never shown car prior to my ownership), and immensely enjoy driving (and looking at) my 2019 Shelby GT350.

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
Funny u brought this up because I think about it frequently. I bought a Toyota Corolla to daily drive (love that car also btw). I think about it every time I see a badass hotrod kinda car weather it be a coyote, voodoo, z06, etc. and think yeah I have one in the garage. The satisfaction part. 🤣 I have noticed because I don't drive the car very often anymore, when I do, it's more thrilling and exciting as ever! Especially with a 6 spd!

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Let me throw some cold water on the no driving idea. I began to work on some cars for people i knew back in the late 1960's up to about 2008. Got started because I did all the work on my own cars partly, but mostly because I could set the valve lash on solid lifter Porsche engines.

Anyway one friend had some very nice cars. Mostly British and German sports cars. He likely still has all of them if he is still alive. He never sold or traded any. Problem was he liked the idea of having them more than driving them. They sat for long periods of time. Things go wrong/bad from sitting. I have come to think a lot of sitting is worse than most everything except very hard abusive running or not doing minimal Maintenace.
I try to drive at least once a week. Rarely two weeks passes. I am fortunate in that the places I get groceries are about eight miles away so i get a decent round trip without just joy riding.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I retired at the end of 2018 and bought the Mustang Feb of 2020. It was going to be my road trip car, not a daily driver. Well within weeks of getting the car covid hit and it became a garage queen because there were no road trips to be had. So during that I spent a lot of time looking at it. Now that things have opened up I drive it every time the weather forecast looks good for a few days in a row. Life's too short to wait for the next road trip, you worked for the car so get out and enjoy the car.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My daily is a company provided F150, so this is just a weekend/road trip car. The car turned 4 months old December 12, and last weekend it passed 7K miles. It's my sanity saver since I've now been widowed 4 1/2 years.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My 2016 and now my 2022 were bought as daily drivers. These cars are so much fun to drive, I can’t imagine just parking them and never driving them. A high HP, RWD car in the snow is such a blast.
Sponsored