Sponsored

Anybody waiting for spring?

1FatSlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun yet
I think I'm holding out for the SVT/Shelby car before I make a purchase. When I saw the unmasked camo cars at the ring I got the distinct feeling that I would regret not waiting. Might even pick up a '13 or '14 GT on the cheap while I wait so that the S550 SVT/Shelby blows me away even more, and also so I can get used to a RWD V8 again. But then there's also the possibility that the first test drive in a S550 GT will put those reasonable thoughts behind me and I'll be telling the sales guy to shut up and take my money.
Sponsored

Donny_k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Chevy S10
I plan on waiting until February to order mine. I want to see all of the colors and wheel choices in person. I'm having too hard of a time deciding what I want.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Sounds like BS to me-->:shrug:
I know the tires in question have a bulletin out about cracks forming in the sidewall if stored at low temps. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see that extremely low sub-freezing temps and a rough ride on a rail car could destroy a set of tires. "Shattered" would surprise me, but I'll chalk that word up to hyperbole.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I hope there isn't an order back up with all the people waiting until spring, especially in the snowy states. I want my car as soon as I can feasibly drive with summer tires in Michigan.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
"BS" summer tires...

Sounds like BS to me-->:shrug:
Why would the 'Mustang salesperson" make up such a story? I would have assumed that sales would have 'made up' a story with the opposite tack!
This guy personally owns a 2014 Shelby he drives to work every day, a 2005, and a 1965 classic.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Shattered versus a lot of cracks...

I know the tires in question have a bulletin out about cracks forming in the sidewall if stored at low temps. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see that extremely low sub-freezing temps and a rough ride on a rail car could destroy a set of tires. "Shattered" would surprise me, but I'll chalk that word up to hyperbole.
I guess it would be up to the listener whether or not a lot of multiple cracks would be considered shattered or not. If I were expecting to take possession
of a $70K+ vehicle and found that the tires had more than a couple of cracks in each tire...I would also concur that the tires had 'shattered'.
By the way...the dealer had mentioned that the Shelby had shipped from the factory in weather that hit lower than -20F temps.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Why would the 'Mustang salesperson" make up such a story? I would have assumed that sales would have 'made up' a story with the opposite tack!
This guy personally owns a 2014 Shelby he drives to work every day, a 2005, and a 1965 classic.
What does owning cars have to do with the BS he's feeding you?

I guess it would be up to the listener whether or not a lot of multiple cracks would be considered shattered or not. If I were expecting to take possession
of a $70K+ vehicle and found that the tires had more than a couple of cracks in each tire...I would also concur that the tires had 'shattered'.
By the way...the dealer had mentioned that the Shelby had shipped from the factory in weather that hit lower than -20F temps.
I wonder how all of the cars with summer tires survive the brutal winters, in or out of a garage-->BS.

Steve-OO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck