Sponsored

Any V6 fans?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
In this thread, the EB is reported to get 33-34 MPG. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/had-ford-rep-2576.html

It doesn't say if that's EPA numbers or real world numbers (or made-up numbers :D).

Assuming those are accurate numbers, does it sway anyone who was planning on getting the V6? I think I need to know the V6 numbers before I would consider changing my plan.
Other then the Ford Fiesta which actually (exceeded) the projected EPA Fuel Economy Estimates, usually, regardless of the Manufacturer, the Make, Model, of Vehicle, they seldom achieve the exaggerated lofty MPG claims. There is no way, the 2.3 EcoBoost I4 will delivery those 33-34 MPG numbers if the EcoBoost Turbocharger is engaged and you have a heavy foot. You`d need to drive it like a Hybrid to get close to those numbers. My guess, both the 3.7 V6 and the EB 2.3 I4 will be very close in Fuel Economy driven the same way, with either a light or heavy foot on the accelerator. Adding in the Cost Factor that the V6 is available in Base Trim in the Convertible and the EB 2.3 I4 is only available in Premium Trim, the $5.500 to $6.500 cost difference will (never) compensate in Fuel Savings too.
Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Other then the Ford Fiesta which actually (exceeded) the projected EPA Fuel Economy Estimates, usually, regardless of the Manufacturer, the Make, Model, of Vehicle, they seldom achieve the exaggerated lofty MPG claims. There is no way, the 2.3 EcoBoost I4 will delivery those 33-34 MPG numbers if the EcoBoost Turbocharger is engaged and you have a heavy foot. You`d need to drive it like a Hybrid to get close to those numbers. My guess, both the 3.7 V6 and the EB 2.3 I4 will be very close in Fuel Economy driven the same way, with either a light or heavy foot on the accelerator. Adding in the Cost Factor that the V6 is available in Base Trim in the Convertible and the EB 2.3 I4 is only available in Premium Trim, the $5.500 to $6.500 cost difference will (never) compensate in Fuel Savings too.
As of now I have my eye on 2015 V6 with 051A at $25,420 vs EB base at $25,995, only $575 difference. I will wait for the numbers and reviews of both models to come out before making any decisions.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
As of now I have my eye on 2015 V6 with 051A at $25,420 vs EB base at $25,995, only $575 difference. I will wait for the numbers and reviews of both models to come out before making any decisions.
THe same vehicle your interested in purchasing (if) a Convertible would have an increase of between $5.500 and $6,600 depending on whether you chose the Manual or Automatic Transmission since the EB 2.3 I4 is only available in "Premium Trim as a Vert. Thats why I`m going Base V6 Convertible!

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
New Mustangs are running down the assembly line, so I'm hoping that the magazines get test cars soon so that the reviews can start.

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
In the EB sub-forum there is a video of a GT, V6, and EB accelerating from a stop. The V6 sounds quiet and mild, and the EB has an interesting "whoosing" sound. The sound quality is not very good, so it may not be a good representation of the exhaust notes.

Here is the thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/eco-boost-sound-2609.html

Happened across this posting containing audio of both the EB and V8. I think the EB sounds alright.

I am partial to my BOSS 302 with both trackey and side pipe restrictors removed, but for a 4 cylinder it blows away how my old WRX sounded.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/the-sounds-of-2015-mustangs-ecoboost-4.html

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
THe same vehicle your interested in purchasing (if) a Convertible would have an increase of between $5.500 and $6,600 depending on whether you chose the Manual or Automatic Transmission since the EB 2.3 I4 is only available in "Premium Trim as a Vert. Thats why I`m going Base V6 Convertible!
makes me wonder why there is no base EB vert...... comm'on :ford:

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
New Mustangs are running down the assembly line, so I'm hoping that the magazines get test cars soon so that the reviews can start.
hope so too

In the EB sub-forum there is a video of a GT, V6, and EB accelerating from a stop. The V6 sounds quiet and mild, and the EB has an interesting "whoosing" sound. The sound quality is not very good, so it may not be a good representation of the exhaust notes.

Here is the thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/eco-boost-sound-2609.html
Happened across this posting containing audio of both the EB and V8. I think the EB sounds alright.

I am partial to my BOSS 302 with both trackey and side pipe restrictors removed, but for a 4 cylinder it blows away how my old WRX sounded.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/the-sounds-of-2015-mustangs-ecoboost-4.html
so the silver one (in the 3rd clip) is a V6?

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I think so.

The same video is here: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-vid...est-track?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1459_72872952. Under the video, they say "Exterior exhaust notes—the 5.0 GT, followed by a silver V6 (note: now with dual pipes) and the yellow 2.3-liter."
Thanks. The V6 indeed sounds a bit "mild". Waiting for more videos/reviews to surface...

Edit: So this dual-pipe thing is new to Mustang V6? I thought the current V6 already have dual pipes. Or wait, maybe dual pipes and dual exhausts are not the same thing? Current V6 all have dual exhaust tips at the back, that all I know/see.

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So this dual-pipe thing is new to Mustang V6? I thought the current V6 already have dual pipes. Or wait, maybe dual pipes and dual exhausts are not the same thing? Current V6 all have dual exhaust tips at the back, that all I know/see.
I believe the V6 has had dual exhaust since 2011 when the 3.7 V6 was introduced.

There was some speculation that the V6 was going back to a single, and that this was the explanation for it losing 5 HP over the 2014 V6 with the same engine. But that was not the case, and the V6 gets duals.

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
YES ... the Mustang V6 has had TRUE DUAL EXHAUST with a "X" pipe since 2011 when the 3.7L was introduced.

Doug

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I believe the V6 has had dual exhaust since 2011 when the 3.7 V6 was introduced.

There was some speculation that the V6 was going back to a single, and that this was the explanation for it losing 5 HP over the 2014 V6 with the same engine. But that was not the case, and the V6 gets duals.
I see. Thanks.

as0014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and an engine
Thanks. The V6 indeed sounds a bit "mild". Waiting for more videos/reviews to surface...

Edit: So this dual-pipe thing is new to Mustang V6? I thought the current V6 already have dual pipes. Or wait, maybe dual pipes and dual exhausts are not the same thing? Current V6 all have dual exhaust tips at the back, that all I know/see.
That's the ecoboost in silver it appears. The wheels suggest performance pack and as it pulls away you can see pony without tri bar logo. So the mag has the video mislabeled. It's not a v6

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
That's the ecoboost in silver it appears. The wheels suggest performance pack and as it pulls away you can see pony without tri bar logo. So the mag has the video mislabeled. It's not a v6
I see what you mean about the pony on the back. I did not notice that before.

The silver and yellow cars sound completely different to me. Any ideas why that would be if they're both EBs?