Sponsored

Any V6 fans?

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
That's the ecoboost in silver it appears. The wheels suggest performance pack and as it pulls away you can see pony without tri bar logo. So the mag has the video mislabeled. It's not a v6
wow, learned something new (again).
Sponsored

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
That's the ecoboost in silver it appears. The wheels suggest performance pack and as it pulls away you can see pony without tri bar logo. So the mag has the video mislabeled. It's not a v6
Do turbos have drastically different exhaust notes depending on how they are being driven? If the silver car was accelerating only modestly, and the yellow car was accelerating hard, would that explain why they sound so different?

(sorry, but I have no experience with turbos)

MustangMitch

Day One Order Placer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Competition Orange
With the release of the performance numbers and the 2.3L EcoBoost beating the V-6 why would anyone buy the V-6 at all?

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Do turbos have drastically different exhaust notes depending on how they are being driven? If the silver car was accelerating only modestly, and the yellow car was accelerating hard, would that explain why they sound so different?

(sorry, but I have no experience with turbos)
If you find/watch that video on YouTube, it says that the silver EB is manual while the yellow EB is automatic with performance package. Just saying. Don't know if this should make any difference tho.

Me also no experience with turbo

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
With the release of the performance numbers and the 2.3L EcoBoost beating the V-6 why would anyone buy the V-6 at all?
I am not writing off V6 because of EB. Far from it. Although EB is new tech, V6 is proven. As of now, V6 appeals to me more than EB.

Waiting for media reviews of V6 and EB, with an open mind.

The reason I am not buying a V8 is because it over my budget. But if I end up buying a V6 instead of an EB, it will be simply because I like V6 more.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Good question, MustangMitch. I got a few explanations. If, like myself you desire the 2015 Mustang Convertible rather then the Fastback Coupe, and the need to upgrade Trim Level from "Base" to "Premium" in order to order get the EcoBoost 2.3 I4, how about the additional cost of between $5.500 and $6,500 depending on whether you choose the Automatic or Manual Transmission.Maybe for a performance enthusiast such as yourself, adding that much extra cost to yield 10 H.P. more and a additional 50 lbs of Torque might be worth it but for me, meh. Not interested, even if the exhaust sounds that much better on the EB 2.3 or the 5.0 V8. If I want to hear exhaust rumble, I`ll just buy a Harley Davidson.

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. For me, top speed, or a tenth of a second in 0-60 time, or similar things, doesn't matter much. I'm not going to take it to the drag strip or autocross, and I'm not going to race some guy at a traffic light. It's going to be my daily driver, and I'm going to get my kicks shifting gears in a balanced, RWD coupe.

I like the V6 because is has a reputation for being fairly durable, and no one knows yet how the EB will hold up. I usually keep my cars for a long time and run them into the ground, so durability is important to me.

I also am a bit partial to basic sports cars. I'm content with manual seats, and the V6 runs about $1,500 less than the base EB. Because the EB does not appeal to me more than the V6, I'd rather put that money in my pocket.

Also, I usually prefer the exhaust note of a V6 to an I4 (a V8s better, of course, but I'm not considering a V8). A small thing, but it matters to me.

I realize this reasoning is not for everyone.

All that being said, I'm not certain that I'll purchase a V6. I still want to see the official numbers and spend some time in the drivers seat of both. But right now, I'm leaning towards the V6.

ETA: I did not see the performance numbers. Where are they?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 coupe; Everything you Posted, I generally agree with. I however, keep my Vehicles but 3 to 5 years normally. That being the case, I`m opting for the Automatic Transmission for two reasons. First, its going to be my daily drive Car and where I live, stop and Go driving is a given, both in the City as well as on the Interstate or Turnpike. Secondly, since I replace Vehicles fairly often, as much fun as it would be to "row my own gears" when I`m not stuck in a traffic jam, I`m not willing to take the hit on the residual or trade-in value of a stick shift. Sure, a Mustang is still marketable with a manual transmission with a V8 GT or SVT, but a V6, me thinks, not so much.

OP
OP

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
66 coupe; Everything you Posted, I generally agree with.
I thought I sensed genius coming through your posts. :D

I however, keep my Vehicles but 3 to 5 years normally. That being the case, I`m opting for the Automatic Transmission for two reasons. First, its going to be my daily drive Car and where I live, stop and Go driving is a given, both in the City as well as on the Interstate or Turnpike. Secondly, since I replace Vehicles fairly often, as much fun as it would be to "row my own gears" when I`m not stuck in a traffic jam, I`m not willing to take the hit on the residual or trade-in value of a stick shift. Sure, a Mustang is still marketable with a manual transmission with a V8 GT or SVT, but a V6, me thinks, not so much.
It's a personal choice. Some stick drivers consider it a crime against humanity to buy a sports car with an automatic, and some auto drivers think you've got to be brain damaged to drive a stick over a modern auto. I don't care what someone else drives; that's their business. I've got my hands full trying to figure out what I need to do.

As far as your choice to get an auto, it sounds like you've thought it through and you've got good reasons for it. I know there was some heated discussion in the Auto/Manual Poll thread, but I say get what you want (be that manual or stick).

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I sensed genius coming through your posts. :D

It's a personal choice. Some stick drivers consider it a crime against humanity to buy a sports car with an automatic, and some auto drivers think you've got to be brain damaged to drive a stick over a modern auto. I don't care what someone else drives; that's their business. I've got my hands full trying to figure out what I need to do.

As far as your choice to get an auto, it sounds like you've thought it through and you've got good reasons for it. I know there was some heated discussion in the Auto/Manual Poll thread, but I say get what you want (be that manual or stick).
Agreed, different strokes for different folks, my Friend, (no pun intended).

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't be too hard on yourself. You gave us TWO choices, to begin with :D
Much like Ford did by offering the Optional Spare Tire #66W which 95% of both Stock Orders and Retail Sold Orders will have. The second choice was thankfully offering the Spoiler Delete Option #13D on most Model offering at no extra charge to eliminate that silly "hockey stick handle" attached to the edge of the Trunk Deck.
Sponsored