Sponsored

Any V6 fans?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
You might spin out if you were doing it in snow...or on ice...maybe on wet roads lol. Our cars dont have that much power lol
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'll give it a try when I find an empty road.

That is a pretty fast fusion but at that price I'll get a GT. Although ford is really pushing ecoboost hard on everything.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
If the death of the v6 were to happen, it would happen for the first refresh in 2018, not 2017 since 2017 is basically the same as 15/16 except for the new exterior colors.

As far as it being a rumor, I actually believe it will happen. It seems like Ford just wanted to see how much sales the v6 would generate to see if it would be ideal to keep it going. If Ford still had any plans to keep the v6 going I’m sure they would have given it some options.
I don’t what the sales numbers are for the v6 in comparison to the eb/gt’s but I’m sure it is very low, most of the s550s I see on the road are either eb/gt.

In my opinion the v6 Mustang is nearing the end of its lifetime, it doesn’t seem reasonable for Ford to spend any more money on the v6 when they know most buyers will go the other routes.
Dear Hertz: I agree with some of your (assumptions) and Ford closely watching its V6 Sales to determine (if) its going to keep offering it into MY `18 and beyond. First and foremost, Fleet sales to Rental Car Companies are a huge safety net to assure the Assembly Plant has a constant flow of build orders. Secondly, although it appears that Ford in its infinite wisdom has removed the 051 Package from Base V6 Coupes in `17 for some unknown reason yet continuing it with Convertible orders, it makes little sense. Personally, as much as I doubt I would have ever considered a Camaro over a Mustang, if the only choice was Eco-Boost I4 or V8 5.0, I would have given the V6 Camaro another look. Decisions for MY `18 are already pretty much set in "stone" and it will be interesting to see if the "Brains" in Dearborn shoot themselves in the foot by killing off a trusty power plant like the reliable 3.7 V6. For those of us that are price sensitive Buyers who want a Convertible, the Base V6 Mustang Ragtop with 051A and A/T for a MSRP of 32K fit perfectly!

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Dear Hertz: I agree with some of your (assumptions) and Ford closely watching its V6 Sales to determine (if) its going to keep offering it into MY `18 and beyond. First and foremost, Fleet sales to Rental Car Companies are a huge safety net to assure the Assembly Plant has a constant flow of build orders. Secondly, although it appears that Ford in its infinite wisdom has removed the 051 Package from Base V6 Coupes in `17 for some unknown reason yet continuing it with Convertible orders, it makes little sense. Personally, as much as I doubt I would have ever considered a Camaro over a Mustang, if the only choice was Eco-Boost I4 or V8 5.0, I would have given the V6 Camaro another look. Decisions for MY `18 are already pretty much set in "stone" and it will be interesting to see if the "Brains" in Dearborn shoot themselves in the foot by killing off a trusty power plant like the reliable 3.7 V6. For those of us that are price sensitive Buyers who want a Convertible, the Base V6 Mustang Ragtop with 051A and A/T for a MSRP of 32K fit perfectly!
Phil, I echo your statement and chose my '15 V6 051A convertible for the same reasons. 300 HP was plenty for me and between the non exh. note (IMO) and unsureness of 12 + year reliability of the turbo EB, the V6 was an great choice for me.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Personally, I love my V6. A part of my [animal] brain keeps screaming that I want a GT but the rational part of my brain says 'why'? Sure, it sounds cool, and you can get to 60 a bit faster but, unless you're out there racing in the street (which I usually don't indulge in), the V6 is peppy enough to put a smile on my face every time I hit the accelerator.

And, at a very nice price point. As some OP pointed out, a vert V6 with 51A is something like $32K; I got a year old one for around $25K and some change. That's a lot of fun for not a lot of $$.

Sponsored

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
Personally, I love my V6. A part of my [animal] brain keeps screaming that I want a GT but the rational part of my brain says 'why'? Sure, it sounds cool, and you can get to 60 a bit faster but, unless you're out there racing in the street (which I usually don't indulge in), the V6 is peppy enough to put a smile on my face every time I hit the accelerator.

And, at a very nice price point. As some OP pointed out, a vert V6 with 51A is something like $32K; I got a year old one for around $25K and some change. That's a lot of fun for not a lot of $$.
I agree with everything said here. I love my V6 and since I've done the mods it really gets moving! My wife and I really enjoy the car.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Note sure if this has been mentioned but the cyclone motor got a lot of luv when it first came out back in 10 or 11. I think it's fallen a bit in estimation in the S550 for 3 reasons:
1. It's gotten a little long in the tooth with no power bumps.
2. In fact power has gone down (2011 v6 was 305). Not much difference, but definitely not an increase.
3. The excitement of the new Ecoboost, first turbo Stang since the 80's, not to mention the Camaro V6 is freshly tweaked and making more power.

Solid Motor though, I've had a few rentals with it and they were fun.

Mopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had my v6 for 3 weeks and I absolutely love this car. just ordered my steeda springs and sway bars.
Did you plast dip your wheels for v6?? May I know which one you specifically have done? Also any glossifier??

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
V6 vert for me with the 355 gears and 51A was a smokin deal ( price compared to EB and GT Priemiums are only available in Canada
I am close to retirement would have bought a GT if money was not an issue or could have waited a few years
EB price more than a V6? (old school 4 cyl compared to a V6) was not happy with lack of options for the V6
So I installed Katskin leather ,20" Gt wheels, Gt exhaust, led door sill plates and sport pedals
Thinking of upgrading to a 8 inch nav screen which is still cheaper than the EB Premium
Exhaust sound to me was also very important going from an SVT to a 4 Banger tape?
To each his own too be fair the EB has lots of aftermarket engine upgrades and 4 bangers are here to stay
Sponsored