Sponsored

Cooling Fans

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I know there's a thread on this, looked for it can't find it. Anyway...I installed my CAI and uploaded a tune. Now my cooling fans are on so soon as the engine fired up...even first thing in the morning with engine stone cold. Any helpwoukd be great! Thanks!
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Mine does this too after JLT and Lund tune. I think it is to keep as much airflow as possible over the jlt when at idle to reduce the heat soak.

I don't like it. Once I get my headers installed on Friday and do some data logging, while Lund is int there tweaking the tune, I think I am going to get them to put the fan settings back to normal.

OP
OP
B-52 Jetman

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Yeah, it's a Steeda tune (with Steeda CAI). I was wondering if anybody else with that tune or a tune from somebody else, has their cooling fans coming on also. I also have a slight problem with Idle RPM dropping down to about 500 from time to time. I was told to data log...but really not that computer savvy. Plus, I had to borrow and friends computer to upload the tune (we run Mac's).

OP
OP
B-52 Jetman

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
If that's a common practice, letting the fans run, then so be it. I was more concerned about the cooling fans "life span" I guess, being shortened by running constantly. Thanks for the inputs guys!

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
You guys can hear your fans over your exhaust? LOL

OP
OP
B-52 Jetman

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
You guys can hear your fans over your exhaust? LOL[/QUOTE

The only way I noticed it, one morning I forgot something in the house, when I got out & was walking by the front of the car...that's when I heard them. Other than that...I would never have heard it over the exhaust.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You guys can hear your fans over your exhaust? LOL
Sitting at a light with the windows down, for sure I can here it. Thing is loud when running full bore - which is all the time now.

I just have factory exhaust for now, but can't imagine aftermarket will be that much louder at idle - I'll find out Friday I guess.
Sponsored