Sponsored

Any other V6 owners have major engine failure?

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I just got back from having my throttle body service. As mentioned before, it was replaced back in August. They just gave it a once over, and reflashed the PCM. In and out in less than an hour. I'm sure it's my imagination, but it seems to be running smoother. Of course, it has been raining off and on, and the moist air may be he reason (since our normal humidity its less than 20% most of the time)
Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Would a catch can help prevent or eliminate these TB failures?
Yes that will also help dramatically.

Decosse said:
I just got back from having my throttle body service. As mentioned before, it was replaced back in August. They just gave it a once over, and reflashed the PCM. In and out in less than an hour. I'm sure it's my imagination, but it seems to be running smoother. Of course, it has been raining off and on, and the moist air may be he reason (since our normal humidity its less than 20% most of the time)
Just got my car back today and they basically did the same thing. They made sure everything was copacetic and did the reprogram. Not sure if it's placebo or not but I am reporting the same thing lol. The throttle response feels significantly better and more "crisp". Definitely a worthwhile thing to do as a preventative measure.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Just had mine done and I want to say that the throttle feels better, but I imagine its me just enjoying my Pedalmax being hooked back up.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Just had mine done and I want to say that the throttle feels better, but I imagine its me just enjoying my Pedalmax being hooked back up.
No Pedalmax here and still reporting improved throttle response. Looks like everyone got their car done at the same time lol.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
When I was waiting, I had to of heard the service writers take about 6 calls and mention "throttle body". In addition to the 2 others that were already in the lobby having theirs addressed.

That FSB covers a large list of their engines. Need to tell my mom about the Escape 2.5l being on there.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was waiting, I had to of heard the service writers take about 6 calls and mention "throttle body". In addition to the 2 others that were already in the lobby having theirs addressed.

That FSB covers a large list of their engines. Need to tell my mom about the Escape 2.5l being on there.
Yeah it looks like it covers a broad list of vehicles and is not Mustang only. I didn't get a good look at the FSB but I saw Escapes, Police Interceptor vehicles, etc.. Definitely happy with Ford's customer service of offering shuttle rides and making sure my car was done in a timely manner.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Here's what's listed.

2.0L/2.5L/3.5L/3.7L - ILLUMINATED WRENCH LAMP WITH INTERMITTENT LOSS OF POWER - DTCS P2111, P2112 AND/OR P2119 BUILT ON OR BEFORE 31-MAY-2016

FORD:
2015-2016 C-MAX, Edge, F-150, Flex, Taurus 2016 Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Fusion, Mustang, Transit, Transit Connect

LINCOLN:
2015-2016 MKS 2016 MKX, MKZ, Navigator

sj90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 V6 Mustang
Not a S550, but I had a bottom end failure in my 2012 3.7L at around 38,000. Rod bearing failure, but ford fixed it with no hassle so no hard feelings. With mass produced engines it's bound to happen now and then. I'm just the lucky one! lol

Over on AFM one or two other cars had the same failure. Not sure if it was a batch issue or what, but Ford took care of them all.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Dealer replaced my throttle body today under the recall. When I called to schedule it they said it would be just a reprogram. I guessing the old one failed the test. The fact the dealer has throttle bodys in stock was interesting.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Dealer replaced my throttle body today under the recall. When I called to schedule it they said it would be just a reprogram. I guessing the old one failed the test. The fact the dealer has throttle bodys in stock was interesting.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. When was yours built (or when you bought it if you don't have the build date)?

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Called two dealers for FSA 16B32, but they seemed not aware of it and I had to fill them in.

OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
If you mean you had your TB replaced already and got an FSB after (as I did), give your service advisor a call anyway. I did on Friday, and my guy said they indeed wanted the car back. They want to check the "new" TB that was installed in Aug. Ford had their supplier re-engineer or repair the component part of the TB. They want to check/test to make sure the replacement does not have the same fault/ issue, and reprogram the computer component.

I have an appt Monday morning.

More threads about this- here is another current one. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67541

(Sorry @MYSHARK , just realized we hijacked your thread with our TBs!)

I read your other thread (ok, skimmed after I saw the usual -tho often entertaining- skirmishes) So what news about the engine? Has it been replaced yet? It seems with the Mustang production idled, they could pull one off the line...

No worries. My throttle body died at 6500 miles as well. I'm hoping the new motor they are installing doesn't have the same throttle body issue. I'm told it will be a complete engine.

OP
OP

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Not a S550, but I had a bottom end failure in my 2012 3.7L at around 38,000. Rod bearing failure, but ford fixed it with no hassle so no hard feelings. With mass produced engines it's bound to happen now and then. I'm just the lucky one! lol

Over on AFM one or two other cars had the same failure. Not sure if it was a batch issue or what, but Ford took care of them all.

My failure was also bottom end and rod bearing related. Hoping the motor comes in this week.
Sponsored