Sponsored

Any other V6 owners have major engine failure?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Scheduled to have my throttle body reprogrammed on Monday after work. Just installed my "correct" big mouth ram air, and returned to my unmodified stock intake box + tube. Disconnecting my pedalmax closer to Monday.
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Good luck. Should be fine

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Last edited:

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Saw the throttle body FSA with my vin notice on my ford owner site. A month late for me but at least they are taking action and hopefully help those that haven't have any issues yet.
If you mean you had your TB replaced already and got an FSB after (as I did), give your service advisor a call anyway. I did on Friday, and my guy said they indeed wanted the car back. They want to check the "new" TB that was installed in Aug. Ford had their supplier re-engineer or repair the component part of the TB. They want to check/test to make sure the replacement does not have the same fault/ issue, and reprogram the computer component.

I have an appt Monday morning.

More threads about this- here is another current one. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67541

(Sorry [MENTION=22058]MYSHARK[/MENTION], just realized we hijacked your thread with our TBs!)

I read your other thread (ok, skimmed after I saw the usual -tho often entertaining- skirmishes) So what news about the engine? Has it been replaced yet? It seems with the Mustang production idled, they could pull one off the line...

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
If you mean you had your TB replaced already and got an FSB after (as I did), give your service advisor a call anyway. I did on Friday, and my guy said they indeed wanted the car back. They want to check the "new" TB that was installed in Aug. Ford had their supplier re-engineer or repair the component part of the TB. They want to check/test to make sure the replacement does not have the same fault/ issue, and reprogram the computer component.

I have an appt Monday morning.

More threads about this- here is another current one. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67541 (Sorry [MENTION=22058]MYSHARK[/MENTION], just realized we hijacked your thread with our TBs!)

I read your other thread (ok, skimmed after I saw the usual -tho often entertaining- skirmishes) So what news about the engine? Has it been replaced yet? It seems with the Mustang production idled, they could pull one off the line...
Yup I had mine replaced/repaired a month ago. I'll give my dealer a call on Monday then. You are right it is better safe than sorry.

One question though, do I need to put back my stock air intake? I'm currently running jlt cai.

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Does this affect V6 only, or all? Just curious.

Last edited:

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Do this affect V6 only, or all? Just curious.
V6 only; though it would not hurt to run your 2.3/5.0 through owner site to see if there are any service actions that need to be done.

D12DirtyDozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6
Mine died on the highway the other day.
Took it to the dealer and they "reset the computer" and that claimed to fix it
They checked the TB but said it was good

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Any symptoms before this happened?

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Did you have an FSB for your vin?
(Factory service bulletin)

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Just took mine in this morning. Looks like part of the cause is contamination from the PCV system fouling up the electronics of the throttlebody (another good reason to do the pcv delete mod). Since I am having no issues looks like they will do the necessary reprogram and I should have my vehicle back today. :D

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So let me get this straight.....if you have an FSB for the throttle body on your cars vin, but it's running fine then all they do is flash the computer.....they don't change the throttle body with a newer version?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So let me get this straight.....if you have an FSB for the throttle body on your cars vin, but it's running fine then all they do is flash the computer.....they don't change the throttle body with a newer version?
That's what it sounds like from their description. I will let you know what happens when I get my car back.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
My appointment is at 6pm, I'll report back whatever they say and actually do as well.

Side note - I'm missing my Pedalmax. After driving around with it for a while, and having it disconnected now, I can sure tell a difference.

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Just took mine in this morning. Looks like part of the cause is contamination from the PCV system fouling up the electronics of the throttlebody (another good reason to do the pcv delete mod). Since I am having no issues looks like they will do the necessary reprogram and I should have my vehicle back today. :D
Would a catch can help prevent or eliminate these TB failures?
Sponsored