Any motorcycle riders?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I love cycle riding but hardly get out on the street anymore.
I do mostly trail riding on the minis.
for street riding I have a sxr900 early model vin #142 off the line.
Resized_20161226_113219.jpeg
Resized_20170831_143616.jpeg
Resized_20170823_160038.jpeg
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Nice collection machsmith. And wow, a CT70. Had some good riding memories on one of those a bunch of years back!

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Just found this thread!

Very heavy into bikes....big into Italian bikes ranging from antique and modern Guzzis, MV Agusta, Bimota. Also had Ducati and Gixxer for track days. (Over that after big crash)
Latest purchase was the obligatory 2015 Road King.
Also have a ā€˜71 trail 70 Honda with an upgraded 110cc 4 speed motor. (Still have original motor)

Also still work in the bike business.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Nice collection machsmith. And wow, a CT70. Had some good riding memories on one of those a bunch of years back!

thanks WD, they are fun little bikes. I ride them daily out on my acreage. some are just for little scants and collector tinkering, which is very enjoying on the old little single Honda's. I'll try to find another 50 this spring/summer. I just picked up this nice candy red original 69 a couple months ago. my full collection is in my sig.

I come from a poor family, we didn't have anything but I had a buddy who had a 50 and 70 and he would let me ride the 50. There were tons of memories on it , thus started my passion for the minis 30+years later.
my favorite is probably the SL70KO in Aquarius blue totally original and near flawless. the other of course is the bike identical to the one I drove as a kid 1969 red silver tag z50.
I highly recommend them as they are good little stress relievers and fun to maintain. safe riding!
Resized_20180211_102257.jpeg
Resized_20180211_102231.jpeg

Sponsored

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
2008 Raider 1900
1996 Magna 750
2012 Shadow Spirit 750

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I rode when I was in college. I had an 86 Yamaha FZ750. Early ā€œsuperbikeā€ and had a lot of character. It was a heavy bastard but once it got moving, the 5V Genesis would rip right up to about 12k RPM.

I paid $1,100 for it and rode it for probably two years, sold it non-running for $500. A guy picked it up on a trailer and as he was leaving it tipped over and almost hit the road. Thankfully one strap saved it from certain doom.

I would love to get back in to riding but not where I live now.

upload_2020-3-6_20-23-47.jpeg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wow, not sure how I missed this thread, since bikes are my biggest passion....

First up, my primary ride (bought new), '06 HD VRSCR. Old pic, but as it appears today.
rod.JPG

First bike I built in the mid-'90s, as it appeared 15+ years ago. I recently reacquired it much worse for wear and it's getting a partial redo.

fxr1.jpg

The second bike I built, as it appears today.

panfall.jpg

My former '94 Ducati M900. Loved it and should have kept it but want to get another newer, higher-powered one.

duc2.jpg

Lastly, my '66 Sears 250. This one was my late father's and had sat under a pile of rugs and blankets in various sheds since 1981. I've just cleaned it up, fixed what needed it, and readied it for (occasional) use again.

puch.jpg

I've also got a '71 Super Glide (the boattail version, for those in the know) that's in an advanced state of disassembly (i.e. basket case) but complete that I'm about to sell to a friend who won't stop bothering me about doing so.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I've also got a '71 Super Glide (the boattail version, for those in the know) that's in an advanced state of disassembly (i.e. basket case) but complete that I'm about to sell to a friend who won't stop bothering me about doing so.
Everyone loves a basketcase... The motorcycle sounds good, too.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wow, not sure how I missed this thread, since bikes are my biggest passion....

First up, my primary ride (bought new), '06 HD VRSCR. Old pic, but as it appears today.
rod.JPG

First bike I built in the mid-'90s, as it appeared 15+ years ago. I recently reacquired it much worse for wear and it's getting a partial redo.

fxr1.jpg

The second bike I built, as it appears today.

panfall.jpg

My former '94 Ducati M900. Loved it and should have kept it but want to get another newer, higher-powered one.

duc2.jpg

Lastly, my '66 Sears 250. This one was my late father's and had sat under a pile of rugs and blankets in various sheds since 1981. I've just cleaned it up, fixed what needed it, and readied it for (occasional) use again.

puch.jpg

Nice collection of bikes!!!

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I like doinā€™ it in the dirt as well.

However, my kids grew up & moved away and Iā€™m getting along in years, so I had to thin the herd recently. I put most of my bikes up for grabs:

IMG_2597.JPG

The two big dirt bikes didnā€™t get the interest that I thought they deserved, so I decided to keep them.

My old KTM 620 dual-sport seat and graphics were looking really ratty, so I gave it a makeover:

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG

The big Yamaha WR450 is as rad as ever. Though I canā€™t come close to using its full capabilities, itā€™s fun to play Roczen fantasies.

IMG_2571.JPG

After 10 years of awesome fun on the Yamaha R6 crotch-rocket, I finally traded it in for an FJR 1300. It keeps most of the "sport", but pampers my delicate heinie on the long "touring".

20190126_111600.jpg
Sponsored