Any lift recommendations?

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Looking to buy a lift and I’m not the biggest expert on them any recommendations?
Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I own a Derek Weaver 2-post lift. Was able to pick it up at the warehouse in Ft. Worth, but I believe they'll ship it anywhere in the CONUS for free. Great deal and rated for 9K lbs. I'm looking to buy a 4-post from DW for storage use.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm probably going to have to buy one for my garage in a year or two. What's best for storage, a two or four post? Planning to put my FIL's Camaro on top and my Mustang underneath, and only have 9' ceilings.

JR

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My friend has had a Backyard Buddy 4 post lift for 5+ years and it's great. He has a 10' ceiling in his garage and even with a low car like a Mustang on it can't go all the way up. I don't think it will be possible to get another car under a lift with a 9' ceiling.

Backyard Buddy are made in the USA by a small company in Warren, OH. They are pricey compared to lifts from China, but there is no quality comparison. He looked at lifts for years and we compared all of them at Carlisle several times and the materials and workmanship are night and day different.

https://www.backyardbuddy.com/?gcli...8HdET3P8ru-dGqN74iCyNVutwHZgdKUBoC9pMQAvD_BwE

I've had the good fortune to do some work on his lift a few times. I think a 2 post is better for most things, although we put a lift kit on my Wrangler and the 4 post was a better choice for that - having a movable bridge across the middle made jacking on the suspension really easy.

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
Bendpak makes both 2 and 4 post lifts, the brand you find most often in dealerships. Made in California, great quality and easy set-up. I bought the 4 post HD-9, 9000 lb. rated. Had to get 4 post, can’t use a 2 post on my ‘06 Ford GT or 289 Cobra. 4 post gives me all the access I need on the ‘17 R, has a jacking platform for removing wheels, etc. They now make a low 4 post for most home garages. Check em out.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Another vote for Bendpak - I have the HD-9W, which has a bit wider stance. With an added "jack bridge," you can lift the car and put stands under it and pull the wheels off. Another nice thing about these is that they offer both 110v and 220v - only difference is that the 110v pump is just a bit slower and takes around 45 seconds to reach full height with a car on it.
lift.jpg

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Depends if you want to store a car or work on one.
2 Post is better if you want to work on a car. It will require a higher quality floor with very little slope (< 3 degrees I think)
4 Post is better for storage and does not require your floor to be as good or as flat

You can get add ons to your 4 post to so you can work on your car but that is an additional expense.
Some 2 posts you can unbolt when you do not need.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
2-post for work. 4-post for storage. Additional equipment needed to lift wheels off of the 4-post runways is rediculously expensive. You'll want runway trays to prevent the upper vehicle fluids from dripping on the lower.

OP
OP
Jossyfilms

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
I’m looking for a two post lift to work on cars

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
I’m looking for a two post lift to work on cars
If your floor is good enough (slope and strength) and you’re definitely not storing, go for a 2-post Bendpak. Just pick a model that suits your needs in terms of how much you need to lift and how much space you’re working with.

But if you have any plans to store a car or are questioning your floor quality, play it safe and pay a little extra to get a 4-post with some attachments to jack the wheels off the lift.

Im currently in the process of having a Bendpak HD-9 series 4-post with a bunch of attachments installed. I went with that lift in case I wanted to store a car and since I’m not a professional by any means I wanted to lessen the chances of lifting incorrectly and dropping my car.

Sponsored

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'll have to vote against Bendpak. I have an HD9000 4 post lift and I've had major problems with it. Support at Bendpak is non existent. It took months of calling and pressure from the dealer to get Bendpak to do anything. I was not satisfied with the outcome. I don't trust my lift and wish it was out of my garage. I will never buy another Bendpak product. I understand products have problems but they refused to take care of the issue blaming the shipping company, installer, dealer, and everyone but themselves. I received a junk lift which looked like it was used and beat up. Posts were bent, rust was present on the lift, and all air fittings leaked. A cable broke and one corner partially fell and stranded my X5 on the list in the first week of use. Again, BendPak blamed everyone else and refused to do anything. Stay away from Bendpak. If you have any problems, and you will, you are on your own. See below for a picture of my bent lift with cable snapped and one corner hanging. The posts really are bent. This is not an optical illusion. Oh, and the stock ramps will not work for anything but an SUV. You have to pay an outrageous price to get their extended ramps if you want to get a GT350 or any other sports car up the ramps. The stock Bendpak ramps will take the front off your GT350 when it scrapes.
LIFT.JPG

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
A few additional comments regarding my Bendpak HD-9W.....

1) I bought it through a local reseller / installer and they did a great job of setting it up. No leaks in the hydraulics or air, and the cables and safety locks work great.
2) I give mine quite a workout. I've had it for nearly six years and other than occasionally cleaning it and greasing the various zerk fittings throughout, I don't give it much of a thought... it just keeps working.
3) I have the optional sliding jack bridge - really just a steel span that slides along a track between the runners. I use a heavy-duty scissors jack on it that I operate with a Milwaukee cordless impact driver and can lift any car up (one end at a time) and put it on jack stands on the lift. This allows me to do all sorts of suspension and brake work on the lift, just like a 2-post.
4) Installation of a 4-post is much easier than a 2-post. Mine isn't even bolted to the floor. And, as others said, you need stronger concrete pads to support a 2-post.
5) Absolutely no issue with lowered cars using the standard Bendpak ramps, but I do back lower cars onto it, rather than driving them on forward.

Couple additional pics - as you can tell, I have confidence that this thing isn't going to collapse on the lower car.

20181103_134459_zpsfq1zpzku.jpg

20171118_101956_zpsgkfyo0jr.jpg

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
A few additional comments regarding my Bendpak HD-9W.....

1) I bought it through a local reseller / installer and they did a great job of setting it up. No leaks in the hydraulics or air, and the cables and safety locks work great.
2) I give mine quite a workout. I've had it for nearly six years and other than occasionally cleaning it and greasing the various zerk fittings throughout, I don't give it much of a thought... it just keeps working.
3) I have the optional sliding jack bridge - really just a steel span that slides along a track between the runners. I use a heavy-duty scissors jack on it that I operate with a Milwaukee cordless impact driver and can lift any car up (one end at a time) and put it on jack stands on the lift. This allows me to do all sorts of suspension and brake work on the lift, just like a 2-post.
4) Installation of a 4-post is much easier than a 2-post. Mine isn't even bolted to the floor. And, as others said, you need stronger concrete pads to support a 2-post.
5) Absolutely no issue with lowered cars using the standard Bendpak ramps, but I do back lower cars onto it, rather than driving them on forward.

Couple additional pics - as you can tell, I have confidence that this thing isn't going to collapse on the lower car.

20181103_134459_zpsfq1zpzku.jpg

20171118_101956_zpsgkfyo0jr.jpg
I agree, I have had NO issues with mine. Bendpak sent it direct to me, was in perfect condition. I had a couple of install questions which they answered within the hour. I assembled/ installed myself in 2 easy days. Never had a problem since. Since they listed the dimensions of stock ramps, I knew they wouldn’t work and ordered the optional long ramps for the Ford GT and the R. They are the proper length, neither splitter makes contact when accessing the lift.

Proper installation is the key. Car Crazy, maybe your installer did something that Bendpak found improper? If it was in that bad of shape when the shipper dropped it off (rust, bent, etc) why would your installer assemble it?

JimGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Another vote for Bendpak. I had a cylinder with small leak after a year, called them sent a pic and they shipped a whole new cylinder truck freight from California no charge. Found them very easy to work with and lift works great!
Sponsored