tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the rant but I'm just amazed at how bad some Ford dealerships will try to gouge the customer. So here's the background, I have a 2016 Mustang with Sync 3 and Apple Carplay never worked. Go figure, I just learned it doesn't have Carplay. Anyhow, I did my research and I knew my Sync software was up to date and that I just needed to replace the USB hub and I would have Carplay. I don't mind spending a little extra locally, so I called my dealership and they quoted $71 dollars for the part and another 1.5 hours in labor totaling $250!!! That's ridiculous! Long story short, I ordered the OEM Ford part on Amazon for $45 and it took me a grand total of 10 minutes to install. My Apple Carplay is now working great and I saved over $200. If they had price it somewhere between $100-150 I probably would have given them the business. It's ridiculous! Anyhow, sorry... rant over.

--Tom
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
You think that’s bad? Buy a Harley and they try to rip you off every chance they get. I won’t let them touch my bike unless it’s absolutely necessary. Scheduled maintenance? Total rip-off. Having the repair manual and the tools to maintain/adjust/check/torque nuts and bolts..........priceless.

I even have the cheap Harbor Freight tire changer which saves me lots of money replacing my own tires and not having to step a foot inside the stealership.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's their whole business model. In a time where you can buy a gt350 for sicker or under, Bell Ford here in Phoenix has their car priced with a $21,000 ADM. The sticker is 65k. So 30% ADM. Fuck them.
Hah yeah ADM is whack. Early last year, a beauty 350R took the place of a Focus RS in the showroom of a local dealer... Never really asked about the price at that time because I already know it's WAY out of my budget, but did give it a look over. When I came back almost 6 months later it was still in the showroom, so I had to ask a sales guy what the deal was. Keep in mind, I am in Canada so prices are going to be higher... Sticker was $95K, with $25K ADM. They wanted $120K. It was gone the next time I visited that dealer, so I guess someone actually paid that much for it... ‍:whew: The sales guy was fairly adamant that they wouldn't budge from that price, because eventually someone will pay it.

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
I went to a dealer yesterday and they offered a base GT for 28k, then, offered a 2018, base gt, used with 6k miles for 30k.....

I told the sales guy how come a one year older car, used, is more expensive than a brand new one?, he said they have different packages. I had to teach him both cars are base, 300A. I also told him to show me the difference and I´ll buy any car at MSRP. I´m still waiting.

Honestly, sales people are just useless.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That's their whole business model. In a time where you can buy a gt350 for sicker or under, Bell Ford here in Phoenix has their car priced with a $21,000 ADM. The sticker is 65k. So 30% ADM. Fuck them.
Only dealer in town that won't charge mark up is Sanderson, but they are not high volume so allocations are lacking. I remember calling every dealer in town when getting the new raptor, minimum markup was 10k, and Sanderson was a 6mo wait.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Always best to do the work yourself when possible including sourcing the part or going to an independent shop that is trustworthy if you can't do the work. Always avoid a dealer when possible.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
My dealer wanted $300 to install the Power Pack 1. Ok, 5 minutes to put the KnN filter in. And over 2 hours labor to load the tune? WTF...

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
My dealer wanted $300 to install the Power Pack 1. Ok, 5 minutes to put the KnN filter in. And over 2 hours labor to load the tune? WTF...
Same. I offered to install PP2 and they just had to upload the tune to keep my warranty. I said screw it and did the upload myself to save $300

Reactions: A7X

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
We took my son's Ranger up to the local Ford dealer to have the 4wd looked at. The vacuum huns weren't working. They said it would it be around 1k to fix. I brought it home, pulled one of the front wheels to look at the vacuum line. When I pulled on the line, it literally crumbled in my fingers. $4 worth of vacuum hose later, it was working fine.

Granted, we did end up later replacing the vacuum hubs with manual locking ones, and we ended up replacing some shift mechanism on the transfer case for about $150. But still, $1000 vs $4. Come on man!

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
While we are on the subject of how much is too much, what should I pay someone to remove the radiator overflow/de-gas bottle and replace it with the Mishimoto aluminum one I already have obtained? American Muscle says it's a one-hour job and simple for anyone. (I have my reasons)

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
While we are on the subject of how much is too much, what should I pay someone to remove the radiator overflow/de-gas bottle and replace it with the Mishimoto aluminum one I already have obtained? American Muscle says it's a one-hour job and simple for anyone. (I have my reasons)
They'll probably bill it at two hours, so 200 to 250 bucks.
Sponsored