WHEW!!
Glad I don't have an '18 to '20 Mustang..........:ontheloo:
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
MIne has blacked out briefly a couple of times. Happened with my 16 under warranty, which was lucky - expensive repair otherwise. Takes them a while to pull and replace the wiring harness.

Since I've got only a few thousand miles on the car and the blackouts were brief, I figured I'd wait until the problem became frequent enough that I wouldn't get the old "It didn't do it for me, lady*," runaround from the service people. So I'm glad to see that Ford's accepting it as their problem and addressing it.

*My ex-wife's phrase to describe the response of mechanics to intermittent problems.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have been struggling with mine for almost a year. I'm trying to track the wiring. Since it is so intermittent, I can't always expect a malfunction. Wish this recall would have something definitive to help me fix mine.

I don't know if Ford publishes the reason for the failure, though.
This recall has nothing to do with your 2016. Yours is a broken wire in the trunk harness. Do a search, there are a few threads on this.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Recall says it's only for 2020 cars, but apparently failures go as far back as 2016. Guess you can still get it replaced under regular warranty, which lasts 3 years. Recalls are free for the life of the car. How much is that stupid camera?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I had the recall done today... it didn't take long either.
You may want to reconsider getting it done... I'm not impressed with their fix!
Actually, I think that would be more reliable than the original camera, and the image quality would be incomparably higher. :giggle:

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
Camera stopped working a day after I bought my car. Had to wait for a month to get dealer fix it due to back order. Now it works like a charm. Not going to let them touch it. Recall fixed :)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
With all the tech in cars these days, I'm surprised there aren't more recalls.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
For what it's worth, I took my 18 Accord in for a software update for the rear camera "potentially" not working. My 17 GT's camera has been flawless. Stuff like this happens to any manufacturer.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Ford cars have covid

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nope. Mine was built two months later than planned, precisely because it had to wait for the factory to become covid-proof. So it doesn't have it. :p

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How much is the camera? If my car ever develops that issue (it's working fine now), I'd probably just buy it and install it myself if less than 200 bucks. I guess you'd surmise with this I don't like to take my cars to dealers... and you'd be correct :devil: .

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How much is the camera? If my car ever develops that issue (it's working fine now), I'd probably just buy it and install it myself if less than 200 bucks. I guess you'd surmise with this I don't like to take my cars to dealers... and you'd be correct :devil: .
Its right around $299.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's something I don't get. They say it's an electrical connection that's faulty (which probably means some overly stretched cables in the trunk lid, which break when you open and close the trunk too many times), yet they replace the camera. How come?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's something I don't get. They say it's an electrical connection that's faulty (which probably means some overly stretched cables in the trunk lid, which break when you open and close the trunk too many times), yet they replace the camera. How come?
I think the recall includes the entire harness for the camera, not just the camera itself.
Sponsored