Sponsored

Another Predator Engine Pic

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Farruko is saying engine is in the low 700hp range.
Lethal Performance is saying it's in the low 700whp range.

They can be both correct when/if there's an electric motor sandwiched between the 5.2 and the DCT that bumps the rear wheel power up from ~640whp to ~700whp.
Don’t expect an electric motor in any mustang before 2020CY.

Also, my brother told me that the first fully GT500 prototypes will be rolling starting this spring alongside the GT350 19MY prototypes as well (both with full camo) . Don’t expect to see a GT350/GT500 on it’s flesh before the the fourth quarter of this year.

Maybe it will be properly revealed in Las Vegas/Los Angeles Autoshow this year.

When I was researching that, I got a guy on Facebook that works for ford who actually did just that in a 5.0 test mule, but that was about 1.5 months ago. My guess is that its the next one coming.
Either way, I'm hearing its INCREDIBLE, well... 700HP isn't incredible, throw in a DCT and its getting there...there is something missing I think, so yeah, we'll have to wait and see.
;) :ninja:
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
now, there is one way to get me to give up my 350R, that's to offer a 560HP base 350 R model with a CPC, don't want no DCT in it but it would scream. throw on a carbon fiber drive shaft and carbon composite springs and I'll turn it over.. only if it looks very similar.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
The Demon is not AWD..... but I agree with you, the reason the GT500 is not going against the Demon is because it's useless to go after a car that is good doing only one thing: Drag Race.
Demon reveal was kind of fun, the GT500 has been kind of painful. Hope we can find out more info sooner rather than later.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Don’t expect an electric motor in any mustang before 2020CY.

Also, my brother told me that the first fully GT500 prototypes will be rolling starting this spring alongside the GT350 19MY prototypes as well (both with full camo) . Don’t expect to see a GT350/GT500 on it’s flesh before the the fourth quarter of this year.

There’s nothing to substantiate the 350 continuing as is, so if your brother is right, then it’s not going to have a FPC in it.

I really don’t see that happening. That’s based on several people that know what’s happening with the 350 right now.

And are you implying camouflaged Gt500s aren’t out there now? They absolutely are

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Just when I am finally getting my GT350R the way I want it someone throws out 700+ REAR wheel HP...

Nothing will make me sell this thing faster then that being true.

Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
There’s nothing to substantiate the 350 continuing as is, so if your brother is right, then it’s not going to have a FPC in it.

I really don’t see that happening. That’s based on several people that know what’s happening with the 350 right now.

And are you implying camouflaged Gt500s aren’t out there now? They absolutely are
2018MY is not the last year of the GT350, you will see....

And I’m implying that those “GT500” that are out right now are not a proper GT500 but more like modified mules. The Vehicle Prototype developing phase has not arrived just yet (it won’t be happening til spring).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

And I’m implying that those “GT500” that are out right are not a proper GT500 but more like modified mules. The Vehicle Prototype developing phase has not arrived just yet (it won’t be happening til spring).
Can confirm. VP (Verification Prototype) build cars are being built soon. Won't be on the road till spring.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just when I am finally getting my GT350R the way I want it someone throws out 700+ REAR wheel HP...

Nothing will make me sell this thing faster then that being true.
I'd never sell an R for this thing, personally. The R is incredibly special but in a very different way. Both are amazing.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
I'd never sell an R for this thing, personally. The R is incredibly special but in a very different way. Both are amazing.
Maybe for the 500 KR/R ?!?!?! Depends if you are a bigger GT350 fan or GT500 fan.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT

And I’m implying that those “GT500” that are out right now are not a proper GT500 but more like modified mules. The Vehicle Prototype developing phase has not arrived just yet (it won’t be happening til spring).
They are not even on VP right now? :doh: I’m a launch engineer from a different program and I know that it means that we will need to wait at least one more year till Job1 ☹. I was expecting for it to be late this year...

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They are not even on VP right now? :doh: I’m a launch engineer from a different program and I know that it means that we will need to wait at least one more year till Job1 ☹. I was expecting for it to be late this year...
FP vehicles have slightly shorter VP phases, as well as shorter launches compared to the higher volume stuff. MP1 should be a year or so from now.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
FP vehicles have slightly shorter VP phases, as well as shorter launches compared to the higher volume stuff. MP1 should be a year or so from now.
I hope so, if not I don’t see it being launched as a 2019MY but a 2020MY instead.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I mentioned this in a different thread as well. GT350 was revealed at the LA show in November of 2014. The program also seemed a little delayed, as they had a very small 2015 batch with real availability coming in early 2016. I ordered mine very early and took delivery in Jan 2016.

I would not be surprised if the 2019 GT500 was fully revealed in November of 2018, with availability coming about 9 months later.

In either case, I have pretty high expectations given how long the car has been in the works. We've seen camo test mules for a very long time now. Hopefully the car ends up as well balanced as the GT350 was (and with sufficient cooling from the get-go).

-T

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Ok inside guys speaking in code. What is MP1? When are you guys thinking I can..

1. Order the car
2. Get the car

Confused!
Sponsored