First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
What would be the advantage of me switching from my gen 3 coyote that already has a centri installed? I’d love to have that setup but does it make sense for me? I’m currently at 689rwhp. I’m not sure what my crank is.
Probably none for you .
But it would make more power than the 760
GT 500, especially on E85 ….and in a lighter chassis with manual might be even more fun .
I am going to a swap 97 cobra so would be kind of cool since the cobra badges match the predator blower….
just need a “predator“ vanity plate 😜

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
Probably none for you .
But it would make more power than the 760
GT 500, especially on E85 ….and in a lighter chassis with manual might be even more fun .
I am going to a swap 97 cobra so would be kind of cool since the cobra badges match the predator blower….
just need a “predator“ vanity plate 😜
Im pretty sure that mine is higher than 760 crank but the way a centri gives power is a lot different than a PD. I’m just curious what a pd feels like. I have never been in a pd car to tell the difference. But since I had 4.09 gears when I was searching for a blower I had to go with a centri. Plus I’m a manual and it just seemed that a centri was the way to go.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That engine has over 1k hp and it’s na? How do they do that without boost? Wow
Well, it's 632 cubic inches with stout compression/cam and a killer set of cylinder heads, so.....

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Im pretty sure that mine is higher than 760 crank but the way a centri gives power is a lot different than a PD. I’m just curious what a pd feels like. I have never been in a pd car to tell the difference. But since I had 4.09 gears when I was searching for a blower I had to go with a centri. Plus I’m a manual and it just seemed that a centri was the way to go.
where are you located ?
if you are close to Indy I have a couple of cars currently that have PD blowers you are welcome to drive .
GT 350 has a 2.9 whipple /3.5 pulley and makes over 900 at the wheel .
3.73 rear gear and manual so will be a close apples to apples comparison to what your car would feel like with a PD blower .
My Coyote swap Fox has an Edelbrok blower / same size /type (TVS) as the predator and made over 700 at the wheels .Gen 3 coyote /10r80 and way lighter so not an apples to apples comparison to the whipple GT350/manual but it feels like it makes tons more torque lower compared to the whippple car .

When I had the Gen 5 whipple/10 rib in the 18 with same motor(except 5.2) /trans I don’t remember it hitting as hard down low (may be it did as it’s been a while ), but again heavier chassis .
I will be able to do an apples to apples comparison soon as that set up is going in another Fox too.

I have thought about a Centrifugal blower in another swap but since I have never driven a car with one , I was was nervous about it /not sure I would like how it delivers power in comparison to a PD .

If you come drive my cars would be a great opportunity for me to drive yours for the experience too 😎

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
where are you located ?
if you are close to Indy I have a couple of cars currently that have PD blowers you are welcome to drive .
GT 350 has a 2.9 whipple /3.5 pulley and makes over 900 at the wheel .
3.73 rear gear and manual so will be a close apples to apples comparison to what your car would feel like with a PD blower .
My Coyote swap Fox has an Edelbrok blower / same size /type (TVS) as the predator and made over 700 at the wheels .Gen 3 coyote /10r80 and way lighter so not an apples to apples comparison to the whipple GT350/manual but it feels like it makes tons more torque lower compared to the whippple car .

When I had the Gen 5 whipple/10 rib in the 18 with same motor(except 5.2) /trans I don’t remember it hitting as hard down low (may be it did as it’s been a while ), but again heavier chassis .
I will be able to do an apples to apples comparison soon as that set up is going in another Fox too.

I have thought about a Centrifugal blower in another swap but since I have never driven a car with one , I was was nervous about it /not sure I would like how it delivers power in comparison to a PD .

If you come drive my cars would be a great opportunity for me to drive yours for the experience too 😎
Wait wut? How do I get in on this?🤪
Sponsored