Sponsored

Another Predator Engine Pic

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The Demon is not AWD..... but I agree with you, the reason the GT500 is not going against the Demon is because it's useless to go after a car that is good doing only one thing: Drag Race.
I agree. The Cobra Jet would be closer to a comparison with the Demon, except that I believe it isn't street legal. There won't be enough Demons running around on the street anyway. It's not like they will be as plentiful as Hellcats.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I hope I am but at this point all we have is a gt 350 with a tvs and a dct I guess? Hopefully there is awd or electric motors for Tesla like acceleration. If not then I guess I probably will go to Corvette. I would love a twin turbo mustang GT but I prefer having a warranty.
I'm thinking this isn't the car for you.

This is a bespoke engine, as is the Voodoo in the GT350. It's a heck of a lot more than throwing a blower on a Coyote and calling it a day. The aftermarket can live with that, but that's not the OEM world.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. The Cobra Jet would be closer to a comparison with the Demon, except that I believe it isn't street legal. There won't be enough Demons running around on the street anyway. It's not like they will be as plentiful as Hellcats.
Ford literally doesn't care about the Demon. They point their finger to the Cobra Jet and say, "look, this is faster".

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
You're right. For some reason, I got my wires crossed about the Challenger GT (AWD) and the Demon. I suppose it's pretty dumb for them to put 315-width tires on the front of the car, given that it's just going to induce drag, but maybe they need that wide of a contact patch, given that it's running drag radials at all four corners.

JR
The reason the Wellcat has 315 on all corners is for you to have one set of spare tires (Since it's designed to run using "skinnies" and the Demon Crate has a set of skinny wheels).

Ford doesn't have a Demon competitor because as BmacIL says, they doesn't care about that SRT Model. btw, the real "competitor" to the Mustang CobraJet is the Challenger Dragpak.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
As mentioned I've heard that the car will make just over the 700rwhp mark. That would put the engine hp rating higher. Just not sure what calculation is accurate to get the number everyone wants.
I don't care if it makes 701HP, but if it dynos at 700WHP, I'll take it!! The parasitic loss must be terrific LOL!
Maybe with the DCT, CF drive shaft, Carbon wheels, and everything lubed up like crazy the DT loss will only be 5% and she will be 735HP ;)
This car could come under rated from factory. Last GT500 commonly would dyno in the 680 area, so, this one may do something similar, dyno over by 10 or 20.
I know that hellcat was rated at 707 and most dyno in the 730 to 740 range.
If that 700RWHP number is correct, I see it as real world numbers, even if its rated at 720 lets say, but actually dynos at 740 and the parasitic loss is only 6%.
Could be true.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If its 700 crank im going to have a hard time digesting that inspite of it still being a hell of a car. When you can buy a supercharged coyote with a warranty and have more power that just sounds like a let down. Come on Ford throw us some more scraps!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
If its 700 crank im going to have a hard time digesting that inspite of it still being a hell of a car. When you can by a supercharged coyote with a warrantly and have more power that just sounds like a let down. Come on Ford throw us some more scraps!
I've been hearing 750+ engine HP so the 700rwhp should hopefully be within reach. Right now it's all speculation until the official power numbers announcement is made. Even at that point what they advertise still could be different from what these cars will actually make on a dyno once they're produced.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
If its 700 crank im going to have a hard time digesting that inspite of it still being a hell of a car. When you can by a supercharged coyote with a warrantly and have more power that just sounds like a let down. Come on Ford throw us some more scraps!
I’m fine with 710-725 hp but there better be more to it then a DCT. Otherwise like you said your looking at a SC GT or roush basically. I have a feeling though there’s going to be a lot more to it!!

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
ME vette well most likely get it in a transaxle version. Supposedly GM has already 30k transmissions! Is there likely a Z28 coming? Chevy said they only wanted to do it with a NA engine...
Chevy will turn around and say "when we said NA we really meant North American".

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I'm thinking this isn't the car for you.

This is a bespoke engine, as is the Voodoo in the GT350. It's a heck of a lot more than throwing a blower on a Coyote and calling it a day. The aftermarket can live with that, but that's not the OEM world.
Just playing the devils advocate but is the predator really a"bespoke" engine ?

Right now , You can buy a cross plane 5.2/GT350 heads in the form of the 5.2 Alluminator XS from Ford racing .

Don't get me wrong as I know the car is going to be much more than just the motor but there may be some truth to the "parts bin " comment ,at least as regards the motor ,if it is not that much different from the 5.2 Alluminator .

I really want this car as there is nothing like that OEM feel(and halo car value )but if it's going to be a couple of years before I can realistically get one at MSRP, an 18 with gen 5 whipple may help pass the time:cheers:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I’m fine with 710-725 hp but there better be more to it then a DCT. Otherwise like you said your looking at a SC GT or roush basically. I have a feeling though there’s going to be a lot more to it!!
Crank or wheel its going to be one hell of a car but im with you i feel there is a lot more to it than supercharged aluminator with a redesigned ftont end, wheels, spoiler etc.

The specualtion and anticipation is going to get the best of us all :headbang:

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Farruko is saying engine is in the low 700hp range.
Lethal Performance is saying it's in the low 700whp range.

They can be both correct when/if there's an electric motor sandwiched between the 5.2 and the DCT that bumps the rear wheel power up from ~640whp to ~700whp.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
If all you want is a number then yes.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Farruko is saying engine is in the low 700hp range.
Lethal Performance is saying it's in the low 700whp range.

They can be both correct when/if there's an electric motor sandwiched between the 5.2 and the DCT that bumps the rear wheel power up from ~640whp to ~700whp.

When I was researching that, I got a guy on Facebook that works for ford who actually did just that in a 5.0 test mule, but that was about 1.5 months ago. My guess is that its the next one coming.
Either way, I'm hearing its INCREDIBLE, well... 700HP isn't incredible, throw in a DCT and its getting there...there is something missing I think, so yeah, we'll have to wait and see.
Sponsored