OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Just curious, what weight oil were you running?
5w30 amsoil signature with amsoil filter.
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
How can you tell what your engine build date is?
Open your driver's side door and there will be a sticker on the frame with the build date and some other info.

EDIT: I should clarify, that's for your car's build date, not for the engine itself.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
Wasn't the manufacturing move from Valencia Spain to Cleveland Ohio in March 2015? Seems reasonable to me that different part numbers could reflect where the motors are manufactured. It would also be interesting to know failure rates between the two manufacturing plants. It looks like they are very low, but I wonder if the first motors out of the original plant had a statistically higher failure rate.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
I would be interested in seeing the build dates on the blown engines reported. My EB build date is 9/14, real early engine. Have 44,500 miles on it, got the Livernois tune at 30,000. Runs great. No sign of problems. Plan on a new small block at 100k, but hopefully not any sooner.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Mine is also an early build 10/14 and was pre-owned at 3,000 miles when I bought it which means it probably had a hard break in. Pulls clean and has never even smoked. Tuned on 93 for several thousand miles now.

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
How can you tell what your engine build date is?
Inside the driver side door jam is a sticker with your vehicle information. You'll never know exactly when the engine was built but you can go off the vehicle assembly date.

Has it been determined what build date in which you are "safe" with the new components?
No, but inquiring minds badly want to know! We also don't know that anything actually changed with the parts. We need a Ford insider to spill some beans..

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I would be interested in seeing the build dates on the blown engines reported. My EB build date is 9/14, real early engine. Have 44,500 miles on it, got the Livernois tune at 30,000. Runs great. No sign of problems. Plan on a new small block at 100k, but hopefully not any sooner.
I am sorry, but do you mean a short block? Or small v8 block swap?

Sponsored

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Yeah, I meant a short block. Thanks.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
so much talk about engines blowing and crap, I even had a dream about it last night(seriously I'm not joking).....

so I was driving and out of nowhere my car just blew up and car caught fire.. however, I was HAPPY!! why?

because I have an endorsement on my auto policy that if my car is considered a total loss I get my insurance payout plus 20%.. since im not upside down I was already thinking about how I can buy another EB AND A BIGGER TURBO with the excess from the 20%! :clap2:

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
so much talk about engines blowing and crap, I even had a dream about it last night(seriously I'm not joking).....

so I was driving and out of nowhere my car just blew up and car caught fire.. however, I was HAPPY!! why?

because I have an endorsement on my auto policy that if my car is considered a total loss I get my insurance payout plus 20%.. since im not upside down I was already thinking about how I can buy another EB AND A BIGGER TURBO with the excess from the 20%! :clap2:
Wow! Got pics?

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang

Have any idea what caused it ?

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Have any idea what caused it ?

since everybody has problems with Cylinder 3 I decided to take the spark plug out completely to minimize my chances of a blown engine didn't play out so well
Wow! Got pics?
I sure do here you go

but seriously guys I hope yall are being sarcastic and read the first paragraph it was indeed a dream :lol:
Eb on Fire.gif
Sponsored