Sponsored

Annoyned by dealership refusing a test drive

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Seriously you don't know what a "newspaper" is ?

LOL I guess you don't get out much . They are best used in the bottom of bird cages & some folks wrap fish in them.
How can you know where you are going if you have no idea where you have been ....especially when it's got bird crap or fish scales obstructing the view?

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
then we will send the cute girl with the big butt and see if that works
Youā€™re just making yourself look worse. Honestly canā€™t believe that anyone that sells ā€œthousandsā€ of cars would talk about one of their employees like this. I agree with the other poster - where do you work so I can stay the hell away.

Also, I only go to the dealerships if I'm buying a car the same day. My own loan in hand and all.
But how do you know what to buy without driving something? You read/watch reviews then go buy it?

After not having a sports car for a couple of years I decided a year ago that I wanted to get one again. I honestly did not know what I was going to buy - and I left it pretty wide open.

I drove Porsches, a Jaguar F-Type, Subaru BRZ (barely fit!), Miata (same!), a couple of different mustangs. Didnā€™t buy any of them - but I did learn that I wanted a Mustang (bang for the $ is just too good) and then went looking for it.

A year after I started my search I found the right deal and went and drove it and bought it.

but again: how in the hell are you supposed to know what you want to buy without driving them?

I think that probably the biggest reason there exists strong feelings on both sides of this is because most of the pro-OP opinions come from younger folks who have no real conception of how a dealership works. One day it may change, but for now auto dealerships are not like Verizon stores.

And to the poster asking if there was an overall person who cared about both departments, sure there is. But this is such a trivial matter that it would never get to the GM, much less the dealer principal.
lol - no. I just think that losing a potential future customer because you wonā€™t let him drive a few minutes in a used car is folly.

I mean: you work at a Ford dealership, here is a guy that already likes Fords (has a Mustang)ā€¦ when he goes looking for a new car - donā€™t you want him coming to you? Use it as an opportunity to forge a relationship. Maybe talk up some of the features of the 2021 while youā€™re on the drive - tell him he should drive one of those next and that you would give him a good trade in dealā€¦.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
But how do you know what to buy without driving something? You read/watch reviews then go buy it?
What are you talking about?
No one on this thread is talking about buying a car.
Butt you

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I can see both sides because I'm Canadian and we fear confrontations:) Basically the guy went in to be a test pilot but the sales guy knows he has a no go. I don't go in to test pilot cars intentionally.

I'm a good demographic though too i look homeless but also old enough to perhaps have money to spend too. šŸ¤£

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For every smart and savvy buyer who'd be turned away by the 70's used car salesman approach to customer relations, there's 100 blissfully unaware crossover and truck buyers
Earth to to starship...

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

After not having a sports car for a couple of years I decided a year ago that I wanted to get one again. I honestly did not know what I was going to buy - and I left it pretty wide open.

I drove Porsches, a Jaguar F-Type, Subaru BRZ (barely fit!), Miata (same!), a couple of different mustangs. Didnā€™t buy any of them - but I did learn that I wanted a Mustang (bang for the $ is just too good) and then went looking for it.

A year after I started my search I found the right deal and went and drove it and bought it.

but again: how in the hell are you supposed to know what you want to buy without driving them?
My dad had a mustang (passed down to me when I was 18), my ex had a mustang, my previous car was a mustang. I already knew about Mustangs and what I wanted. When I go to a dealership to buy a car the same day, whether mustang or not I do test drive it before I sign the dotted line. šŸ™„

and yes I do my research on the internet as well. I know what I want and then go buy it. Simple as that.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
look homeless but also old enough to perhaps have money to spend too
ey....I have a very pretty daughter....
How much you got to spend?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I go to a dealership to buy a car the same day, whether mustang or not I do test drive it before I sign the dotted line. šŸ™„
Starship to earth....

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.15 to 3.31 is a waist of time and $
3.15 to 3.55 would be worthy
3.31 to 3.73 would be worthy
3.15 to 4.10 would be more needs changing

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What are you talking about?
No one on this thread is talking about buying a car.
Butt you
??

I quoted EmCel who said: ā€œI only go to the dealerships if I'm buying a car the same day. My own loan in hand and all.ā€

soā€¦?

My dad had a mustang (passed down to me when I was 18), my ex had a mustang, my previous car was a mustang. I already knew about Mustangs and what I wanted. When I go to a dealership to buy a car the same day, whether mustang or not I do test drive it before I sign the dotted line. šŸ™„

and yes I do my research on the internet as well. I know what I want and then go buy it. Simple as that.
I get it - my dad has a Mustang that heā€™s been working on for about 7 years now. Itā€™s badass and definitely helped in my decision making process. I posted in another post that after driving a 911 (which I did research on for months and thought thatā€™s what I wanted) I was disappointed because it straight up was not more fun than my dadā€™s Mustang (which cost 1/4 the price).

BUT - just ā€˜cause his car is awesome I still had to do my diligence and make sure that there wasnā€™t something I wanted more.

In the end the Mustang won out though: and it is awesome.
Sponsored