Annoyed with the attention

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Let me start by saying that I don't know what's going on in the world these days, COVID-fatigue or democrat-republican or social injustice or something, but anymore, so many people are just dicks. On top of that, for some reason (I'm thinking the color may have something to do with it), I can't go ANYWHERE without being noticed. It's cool once in a while for someone to say "nice car" when you're filling up with gas, but jeez, sometimes it would be nice to just be able to enjoy your car without being pestered. It's constant and it's annoying and exhausting. Wonder if famous people feel like this when they just want to go out to eat.

Case in point: Today my son was visiting his girlfriend at college in Pittsburgh. Beautiful day today, mid-70's and sunny, perfect day to take the Mustang to go pick him up. About a 40 minute drive with everything from back roads to stoplights to freeway traffic. 5 minutes into the drive at a light a young guy and his girlfriend pull up next to me in their beat up SUV and he's yelling at me to put the window down to talk about the car. OK, that's fine. 5 minutes later I'm in the slow lane on a 2-lane 40 mph road and some jaggerass in a diesel monster truck is riding shoulder to shoulder with me and won't pass or slow down. Finally lose him and get on the freeway and ready to move right to the exit ramp and some a-hole on a sportbike decides he's gonna beat me to it and I almost killed him. Had to slam on the brakes and swerve back left. Into the city and park on the street waiting for my son, and have the inevitable conversation with the college kid about the car. Heading home and back on the freeway and a 2010-ish white Charger with huge chrome wheels blasts right up on my ass, swerves left next to me and revs it, then takes off. Dude, really, you have no chance but I could not be less interested. Sigh. Then two dudes in ricers with fart can mufflers and various colored doors and hoods blow past me revving their 0.0001 cubic inch engines. Almost home and get stopped because of an accident, dude on a sport bike laid it down. My son goes well looks like sometimes those guys bite off more than they can chew. Amen, son. JUST EVERYONE LEAVE ME THE F ALONE ALREADY! Anyone else have days like this?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's two sides of the same coin. I've found that most people genuinely like Mustangs. They either appreciate them, want one but it isn't realistic or practical for them, or use them as a benchmark of performance to measure their car up against. It really is the blue collar sports car, and it makes people feel a certain way. There's nothing else that looks like a newer Mustang on the road, so there's no escaping the attention. The best thing you can do to avoid is get some dark tints and just ignore everyone. I'm 50/50, sometimes I indulge people who want to mess around, but other times I just stare ahead and drive the speed limit until they get disinterested. Conversation wise I've only ever been stopped at gas stations and such by older gentlemen asking me about the car, nothing in traffic yet.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
It used to happen with my GT a lot more than the GT350.

The GT got a lot of those idiots in 1.6L Honduhs with "HUGE TURBOS" and the stupid gigantic can exhausts with 6" tips with the fake titanium coating.

For some reason they thought going up against a 435 HP was easier than going against 526...

Now its mostly people complementing me and asking to take pictures of the GT350. Like getting gas today, two fine gentlemen, one in an older ZL1 and another in a BEAUTIFUL white Ferrari 488. All they wanted was to hear the revs and take a picture or two. I don't really mind.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Now its mostly people complementing me and asking to take pictures of the GT350. Like getting gas today, two fine gentlemen, one in an older ZL1 and another in a BEAUTIFUL white Ferrari 488. All they wanted was to hear the revs and take a picture or two. I don't really mind.
I would be perfectly fine with that. BTW Ford Performance Blue is my absolute favorite color, not sure I'd consider anything else if I was in the market for a GT350.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey it could be worse. At least you don't have a bunch of people telling you that you are driving a piece of crap. It's really up to you to roll down your window to answer questions or to spend time responding to someone that actually really likes the vehicle you are driving. I can't say I have ever gotten too upset about someone wanting to know about the car or saying something positive about it to me. But that is just me. I tend to appreciate comments.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
If you’re that upset either get a different car or let it go. Life’s too short to let others get under your skin. Someone wants to go, just ignore em they typically give up and move on.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I've had pretty positive experiences in the year I've had mine. Funnily enough, Walgreens is where I get the most attention. I've had 5 people chat me up as I'm getting to my car. I had one guy in a white BMW want to race from a stop light. I didn't indulge, but I did snicker at the blue smoke coming out of the rear of the car as he pushed it. Another guy in an F-150 wanted to race and I gave him a look like, "Why?" I give them no time of day.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Nobody bothers if you are driving a Mustang around here. They are quite common. Especially on a nice summer day. When we had car meets around here (last summer), 50% of the cars that showed up were Mustangs.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I would be perfectly fine with that. BTW Ford Performance Blue is my absolute favorite color, not sure I'd consider anything else if I was in the market for a GT350.

I'm so happy with the FPB with the black/magnetic stripes. Plus that black painted roof...

Honestly the only other colour I would have wanted for 2019... well maybe Orange Fury.

If I had the chance for a 2020? If it wasn't FPB, it would be Twister or Grabber Lime. Both with black stripes and roof.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Hey it could be worse. At least you don't have a bunch of people telling you that you are driving a piece of crap. It's really up to you to roll down your window to answer questions or to spend time responding to someone that actually really likes the vehicle you are driving. I can't say I have ever gotten too upset about someone wanting to know about the car or saying something positive about it to me. But that is just me. I tend to appreciate comments.
I used to do the drive up "shows" here in New Hampshire.

I stopped.

Why? Because out of the 100-200 cars there almost all were riced out mid 1990 imports driven by punk ass kids who loved to talk a lot of shit.

Only one in 20 of them had any clue about cars, other than what they saw on YouTube... the rest were... well idiots. You'd hear them shit talking just loud enough you could hear it and when you looked back they would quiet down. Almost as if begging for you to say something. Usually I didn't but the times I did, it was "Epping is right down the street show up Wednesday and lets see what your car can do" none ever bothered to try...

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
At least you're not getting attention from the Authority. I've been trailed by the Police in Napa twice already for 10 whole freaking miles driving speed limit and I only had the car for two months.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
At least you're not getting attention from the Authority. I've been trailed by the Police in Napa twice already for 10 whole freaking miles driving speed limit and I only had the car for two months.
When I had my 2013 GT in Gotta Have It Green and then my 2016 in Triple Yellow... it was the same thing. Police followed me everywhere.

Its not as bad with the GT350, unless they hear me... then its follow me home all over again.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've honestly had zero police attention, having a white car helps a lot in that regard. I'm sure it will change once I get a louder exhaust though.

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I had an idiot moment not so long back. I have quieter than stock mufflers on my car, dumb kid in Honda is barking out his window that I up badged a v6 because he thought my car was too quiet. We were in a parking lot so I killed traction control and left my mark behind me, bird flying out my window.

I don’t normally indulge idiots but it was a bad day.