NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.........at a light a young guy....yelling at me to put the window down to talk about the car..........some jaggerass in a diesel monster truck is riding shoulder to shoulder with me and won't pass or slow down. .....some a-hole on a sportbike decides he's gonna beat me to it and I almost killed him......have the inevitable conversation with the college kid about the car......white Charger with huge chrome wheels blasts right up on my ass, swerves left next to me and revs it, then takes off.....two dudes in ricers with fart can mufflers and various colored doors and hoods blow past me revving their 0.0001 cubic inch engines......
Of the 6 situations, only 2 we're actually about you/your car. Only the two where people asked about it.

For the other 4 situations, unless someone directly addresses you, whatever is happening is only about you if you imagine it to be.

Relax....very few people care about your car.

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Think that's bad?

Try driving around in a Nissan GT-R!!
In my area, Small blue collar town 30 mins from Dodge, Ford and Chevy Headquarters you would get attention but not the kind you would like. Lots rolling coal..

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Most people leave me alone. If someone does engage in an aggressive manner they are almost always driving something clearly slower. I don't know what it is, but rarely does someone in an equal or faster car even acknowledge me. Sometimes there's a thumbs up or something sure. Most of the time the annoying interactions are people with complexes in slow cars trying to be fast. Just my experience. Or teenagers... God how I try to avoid driving anywhere in the Mustang around the time school gets out because the teenagers are plain dangerous with their antics. Pre-covid, I used to drive through 4 high school zones to get home from work. But even then, I would say the majority of the time they left me alone. It was that one day out of five per week when a car full of teens would try to show off around me. Lol, I did see it all though, from kids neutral-dropping their mom's hand-me-down 2006 Nissan Murano to kids doing standing one-tire-fire burnouts in their dad's hand-me-down Jeep Cherokees.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I get a mixture of people. Most compliment my car and thats as far as it goes. It doesnt bother me if someone starts asking about my car. The color I have does get a lot of attention so I expect it. I'll sometimes get those at lights that want to race or try to intimidate me, but I just brush it off. People speed like there are no speed limit laws here and I try to keep no more then 5-10 over because I dont need or want a ticket. I will get some riding my ass expecting me to go 100 just because I have a Mustang. I like crusing with my car, not going to point a to point b as if I'm late. There's a time and a place for speed and local streets arent it.
The other day I was walking away from my car going through the walmart parking lot when 2 young kids in a Jeep drove by and I heard one of them say, "Look at that ugly car.". I just laughed it off because they are driving a pos Fiat.
I really could care less what others think about my car beause its my car and if I like it thats all that matters.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Let me start by saying that I don't know what's going on in the world these days, COVID-fatigue or democrat-republican or social injustice or something, but anymore, so many people are just dicks. On top of that, for some reason (I'm thinking the color may have something to do with it), I can't go ANYWHERE without being noticed. It's cool once in a while for someone to say "nice car" when you're filling up with gas, but jeez, sometimes it would be nice to just be able to enjoy your car without being pestered. It's constant and it's annoying and exhausting. Wonder if famous people feel like this when they just want to go out to eat.

Case in point: Today my son was visiting his girlfriend at college in Pittsburgh. Beautiful day today, mid-70's and sunny, perfect day to take the Mustang to go pick him up. About a 40 minute drive with everything from back roads to stoplights to freeway traffic. 5 minutes into the drive at a light a young guy and his girlfriend pull up next to me in their beat up SUV and he's yelling at me to put the window down to talk about the car. OK, that's fine. 5 minutes later I'm in the slow lane on a 2-lane 40 mph road and some jaggerass in a diesel monster truck is riding shoulder to shoulder with me and won't pass or slow down. Finally lose him and get on the freeway and ready to move right to the exit ramp and some a-hole on a sportbike decides he's gonna beat me to it and I almost killed him. Had to slam on the brakes and swerve back left. Into the city and park on the street waiting for my son, and have the inevitable conversation with the college kid about the car. Heading home and back on the freeway and a 2010-ish white Charger with huge chrome wheels blasts right up on my ass, swerves left next to me and revs it, then takes off. Dude, really, you have no chance but I could not be less interested. Sigh. Then two dudes in ricers with fart can mufflers and various colored doors and hoods blow past me revving their 0.0001 cubic inch engines. Almost home and get stopped because of an accident, dude on a sport bike laid it down. My son goes well looks like sometimes those guys bite off more than they can chew. Amen, son. JUST EVERYONE LEAVE ME THE F ALONE ALREADY! Anyone else have days like this?
Just about every time i take my mustang out something like this happens. It does get annoying especially when youre trying to eat ice cream.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I get a mixture of people. Most compliment my car and thats as far as it goes. It doesnt bother me if someone starts asking about my car. The color I have does get a lot of attention so I expect it. I'll sometimes get those at lights that want to race or try to intimidate me, but I just brush it off. People speed like there are no speed limit laws here and I try to keep no more then 5-10 over because I dont need or want a ticket. I will get some riding my ass expecting me to go 100 just because I have a Mustang. I like crusing with my car, not going to point a to point b as if I'm late. There's a time and a place for speed and local streets arent it.
The other day I was walking away from my car going through the walmart parking lot when 2 young kids in a Jeep drove by and I heard one of them say, "Look at that ugly car.". I just laughed it off because they are driving a pos Fiat.
I really could care less what others think about my car beause its my car and if I like it thats all that matters.
That's a good point. I have also had that experience - where people expect you to be speeding everywhere because you own a non-traditional car. I've had people ride my ass on the highway, with room to pass, just flipping out - waiving their arms, flashing their lights, like jeez just pass me what is the issue. I never, ever, get that in my truck.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Again part of country, here we have a weekly car meet there is anywhere from 200 to 400 cars every week. Lat week I counted 30 GTs and 12 500s from various years with 3 from 2020. They are a dime a dozen here. You will see 7 GTs just going to the grocery store.
Weekly, really? We have monthly (had... not sure if it's going on now) cars & coffee meets that usually got less than 100 cars, and this area is a lot more populated than Asheville.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Of the 6 situations, only 2 we're actually about you/your car. Only the two where people asked about it.

For the other 4 situations, unless someone directly addresses you, whatever is happening is only about you if you imagine it to be.

Relax....very few people care about your car.
Gotta disagree with you there.... if we’re in my son’s 2006 Impreza none of that stuff happens. Except the moron who wrecked his bike.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have a 45 mile commute each way and every day I have at least one of those encounters. Almost always when I'm in a parking lot. Kinda got used to it, even enjoying all the attention. Went to the N.Carolina coast with it and it was like I was invisible. No one made any notice. I thought I lost my MoJo! As far as the little road challenges I have either ignored them or just left them behind. Every once in a while I would have to eat some humble pie. It's just starting to get old though, so I just set cruise for +8MPH over the limit, move over and sigh when the idiot Honda rides my tail.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I honestly haven't had ANY such interaction with my Bullitt... but I work from home. I used to get more attention with the Porsche and the GT-R, but nothing crazy. The only few times I felt uncomfortable was when borrowing my brother's Ferraris, since I don't like attention. That's why I rarely used them, even though they slept in my garage. And that's why I'm happy with the Bullitt. It's a freaking Mustang, which is more common than COVID (ha ha). I expect to get 'challenged' in a traffic light one of these days, but will obviously just ignore whoever eventually does that.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I mostly get the Old timers at the gas station that want to tell me about the Mustang they use to have. I don’t mind.
The other day I was filling up and out of the corner of my eye I see this elderly man pacing back and forth.. his wife yelled something at him from in their car. He leaned in said something to her and then turned and made a B-line for me..
He seemed very intimidated, but then quietly asked “what year?”
I sat there for probably 10 minutes, talking to this gentleman he was so excited to tell me about “ his old Boss he had” and then when I fired it up his smile was ear to ear.
His wife was definitely more annoyed then I was.
As far as racing goes, yes everyone wanna race. I normally just look over and chuckle ... that normally will piss them off enough to carry on.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Guess its different stroke for different folks. I love talking to people who like my ride and want to know more about it. Someone wants to run em? SURE THING! Kid sees me at the gas station and thinks the car is cool. Thanks kid how about you get in a start it and give it a rev or 3.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good point. I have also had that experience - where people expect you to be speeding everywhere because you own a non-traditional car. I've had people ride my ass on the highway, with room to pass, just flipping out - waiving their arms, flashing their lights, like jeez just pass me what is the issue. I never, ever, get that in my truck.
This is what I get a lot. I'll do the speed limit or 5 over and get someone riding my rear expecting me to go-go-go. Another one is a motorcycle will get beside me and sit there trying to get a run...

Reactions: XS

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Guess its different stroke for different folks. I love talking to people who like my ride and want to know more about it. Someone wants to run em? SURE THING! Kid sees me at the gas station and thinks the car is cool. Thanks kid how about you get in a start it and give it a rev or 3.
Agreed.
You have to remember they been building these things for 55 years and it is 100% emotional nothing “practical” about a Mustang.
If I just wanted to blend into the rat race, I would drive the Fusion to work.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This is what I get a lot. I'll do the speed limit or 5 over and get someone riding my rear expecting me to go-go-go. Another one is a motorcycle will get beside me and sit there trying to get a run...
Hopefully you aren't talking about someone riding your bumper if you're lane squatting in the left lane going the speed limit. My pet peeve is someone lane squatting in the PASSING lane. You bet your hind parts I'll be all in your ass if you are going the speed limit or under the speed limit cruising in the left lane. These types of people are what causes wrecks and traffic jams...