Sponsored

Annoyance; easy entry/exit

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
When my seat does decide to move, it doesn't seem to have any trouble moving my 245 lbs with it.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Someone suggested a fix for this was to hold the start button a second or so longer when starting to get the seat to move forward. I don't use the feature because I keep the seat all the way back and am the only driver. I use the memory button when service techs move the seat.

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m 6’5, 300lbs and haven’t had any issues once I learned how to use it. Get in, push the start stop button to power everything up, wait for the seat to quit moving and then start it. If you just jump in and start it, the memory won’t work.

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Besides being inconvenient, try that method while parked on an incline (facing uphill)

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
My 17 does the same thing, when the mirror does this, try hitting the memory button again, it resets the mirror and it goes into position like it should. At least it works on mine.
I hadn't had this problem for a while, but it happened again a couple times in the last few days. The first time I hit the memory button with no luck 3 times before giving up and using the mirror control to override it. The next day it did it again but this time your method worked on the second attempt.

Bowdy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2, 401a
I just posted this in another thread but I think I figured this out. When pressing in the brake/clutch, if you apply too much resistance to the seat moving it will stop. Since noticing this, I try to push back against the seat less and it works 100% of the time. Let me know if that helps.

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
I feather the brake pedal and lean forward and it sometimes works. This is not exactly what I expected from a $50k car. In other brands of cars this “just works.” You hop in without giving it a thought and start the car, seat moves up, and you can take off.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Is everyone who has the problem have a manual or automatic transmission? I've found the seat positions itself more accurately if you aren't pushing on the clutch and providing resistance against the seat motor (almost like the software is based upon a motor run timer vs. a position sensor). My routine is hitting one of the numbers on the door, depending upon my MyColor mood, and then putting my foot on the clutch and starting the car. Regardless, I don't have a warm fuzzy for the seat motor lasting much beyond the warranty period. It really sounds like its struggling - and I am not in the upper percentile of weight... ;-) (Not even John Candy levels like in that funny scene in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".) My Mustang is my first car I've turned on the "easy exit" function just because I've always been paranoid about the duty cycle rating on these seat motors...but I've decided the cost of a seat motor in my future is worth the ease of getting in and out of this particular car more easily.

I just started to think about this as being the problem.

My '15 and '17 EB, both manual,had no problems. The '19 never worked well. It would go back about 10% of the time. Often it would stop about 2 in away from memory position, so I'd have to hit the memory button to make the seat go all the way back.

I tried pressing the start button once before I start the engine. It was better, but still stopping short.

I then decided to try hitting the button, but co oletely put NO strength in my legs, and the seat slides back to full position.

I then realized that during normal start, my leg is holding down the clutch while the seat starts to move forward. I tried pressing start w/o clutch, and while death is trying to move up, tried to put pressure on my leg. The seat stopped short.

I also noticed that the motor does not sound healthy. My '15 and '17 motor sounded the same from start of seat return to when it stops.

On my '19, the motor sounds like it is starting to struggle 1/2 way back to original position.

I am guessing that the mechanism has an anti-pinch sensors, when motor encounters resistance, it will stop, and maybe in some cars the motor is too weak and the anti-pinch is getting activated by even little pressure?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I’m 6’5, 300lbs and haven’t had any issues once I learned how to use it. Get in, push the start stop button to power everything up, wait for the seat to quit moving and then start it. If you just jump in and start it, the memory won’t work.
I'm 265, mine works same. It makes the car a lot easier to get in and out of IMO. You can also get in and hit the memory button, and it moves right up.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
In my '15 and '17, you did not have to wait for the seat to move back and then start it.

You'd get in, press clutch, press start, and car starts and seat moves forward and stops at the memorized location.

The '19, you have to get in, press start, wait for the seat to move forward to normal position, and then start the car. This does not seem normal. Plus if I press the clutch with my left hand and press the start button, from outside the car, the seat with no occupant moves back to the memorized position just fine.

I've had memory seats with easy entry/exit on many cars (every single pathfinder from 2001 to 2013), and none of them required turning ignition to acc first and then wait for the seat to stop moving.

My brother in laws f150 also has east entry/exit and you don't have to wait either.

And I am not heavy (172lbs), so the seat should not be having a difficult time.

Last edited:

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
The easy-entry-exit feature on my 2019 is a POS. I stopped even trying things to make it work. I have tried every combination suggested here with no luck and I am not alone.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
After reading the great idea in the mirror thread about just using #2 or #3 as the seat back exit entry and turning off entry/exit, that is what Im gonna do. Get in car, start, press 1. Park car, press 2, turn off, get out. Repeat.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Never have used it. #1 is for driving. #3 is the official law enforcement "Get Yo ass outta the car now driver !" position. :crackup:
Sponsored