Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
UPDATE
I went to the dealer today and they were no help. They had no idea how the memory seats are supposed to work. Also the passenger door Intelligent Access started to work again on it’s own.
When I got home I figured out that if I feather the brake pedal instead of mashing it when I start the car, the seat returns to memory position exactly like it’s supposed to. I applied the brakes just hard enough to make the green light on the start button turn on and it works every time. I think it’s programmed to shut down if it meets any resistance. Even on a slight incline it might not work.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
sounds like the switch that senses when the brake pedal is pushed down off of its home position may be intermittent, only working in some of the small amount of travel it has, but not all. If it was me, I'd look at it to see if I could see anything funky with its mounting location. Also if it was me, I'd ohm it out with an ohm meter if possible while working it. Just a thought since the dealer cant help you. Sad we have to troubleshoot our own cars when they are new.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Mine works as expected 10-20% of the time, but that's not the worst of it. Once or twice a month I'll have an additional "issue" with the mirrors losing track of where they are. The seat will move into position (by itself or after hitting the position 1 button) but I'll hear a clicking sound from one door or the other. The side mirror will have reached the end of it's range of travel but is trying to continue moving. The only way to stop it is to manually take control of the mirror with it's switch.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have a 2019 Bullitt and have the seat programed for 2 positions. When I exit the car I tend to push the seat back for easier egress. When I get in, before I do anything other than closing the door I hit the memory button to select the my preferred position and the seat returns to that position. If I start the car and put it in gear and try to the programmed seat selection will not work and I get a message that says seat position can't be moved while driving.

Last edited:

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Mine works as expected 10-20% of the time, but that's not the worst of it. Once or twice a month I'll have an additional "issue" with the mirrors losing track of where they are. The seat will move into position (by itself or after hitting the position 1 button) but I'll hear a clicking sound from one door or the other. The side mirror will have reached the end of it's range of travel but is trying to continue moving. The only way to stop it is to manually take control of the mirror with it's switch.
My 17 does the same thing, when the mirror does this, try hitting the memory button again, it resets the mirror and it goes into position like it should. At least it works on mine.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
My 17 does the same thing, when the mirror does this, try hitting the memory button again, it resets the mirror and it goes into position like it should. At least it works on mine.
This is the same on my ‘15. I too learned to just press the memory button on the door.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I thought I'd tried this, but maybe not. I'll give it a shot next time.

medic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
So I picked up a new 19 GT. And the seats moving forward on easy entry willl stop dead in its tracks if it meets any rearward resistance (i.e) my body weight. If I push back slightly when it's moving forward it stops. Almost like the seat motor fails while it's in motion. I went to dealer, they said they couldn't replicate the issue (lol). It will work if I hug the steering wheel on startup to prevent weight against the seat..this isn't normal as my 17 GT would work under any seat weight resistance. Anyone have any ideas of what part could be failing?

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
So I picked up a new 19 GT. And the seats moving forward on easy entry willl stop dead in its tracks if it meets any rearward resistance (i.e) my body weight. If I push back slightly when it's moving forward it stops. Almost like the seat motor fails while it's in motion. I went to dealer, they said they couldn't replicate the issue (lol). It will work if I hug the steering wheel on startup to prevent weight against the seat..this isn't normal as my 17 GT would work under any seat weight resistance. Anyone have any ideas of what part could be failing?
In the name of science I sat in the passenger seat and mashed the brakes by hand while starting the car. The seat moved up with no problem every time. Either Ford added a failsafe to keep seat motors from burning out or the car is telling me to lose weight.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Aren't you guys worried you're gonna wear out your seat motor by having it run every time you get in/out?

medic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Aren't you guys worried you're gonna wear out your seat motor by having it run every time you get in/out?
No. It doesn't even function properly new so why would I think it'll die after my warranty? Lol rather wear the crap out of it now so Ford replaces it within the next 3 years

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same setup in my 2011 300C and after 5 years and 87K miles it still worked great when I sold it.

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Now dealing with Ford Customer care and the service manager. They “are looking into it.”

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Today the dealer said everything was fixed. I tested it only to find nothing was fixed. I wonder if the people who are having trouble are heavier than average. It worked perfectly for the 98lb service advisor.
Sponsored