Sponsored

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Since new, mine has worked properly about 98% of the time.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Add me to the list of it works about 10% of the time. I have tried a number of the above scenarios except trying it in accessory mode which I will try. After two years you would think Ford would have figured this out. If it works in accessory mode it is still an extra step so I might as well just go ahead and start it and then press the memory button. CRAP!!!!

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
My 17 does it too, but I found a trick to get it to work. When you get in the car turn on the ignition first before you press the brake or clutch and it will go into position everytime. After it finishes moving into position, then you can start the car. Do not try to start it while it is moving or it will stop dead in its tracks and you will have to push the memory button anyway.

In the end it doesn't matter which way you do it, push the start button twice with a few seconds delay between pushes or start once and memory button once.

Finally it will stop if you try to start it while the seat is moving, and it will not work if the car is moving.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks that does work but it just bugs me that we need to perform an extra step to make something work that is obvious defective. If I have to push an extra button I will go ahead and start it and while letting the oil pressure build push the seat memory button. CRAP way to go FORD!!

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I agree, you should not have to push the start button twice, or start the car and then push the memory button. It should just work.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
When I get a chance I will talk to my brother in law. He is a line tech at a dealership (35 years) . Maybe there is a TSB or information that he can find to shed some light on this.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Here is another thought. Is anybody that are have problems made changes to the IPC Module using Forscan?

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I haven't done anything with forscan.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I haven't done anything with forscan.
It was just a random thought. Something I do a lot of. It just makes no sense to me that this problem has gone on for two years and seems to be so random.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ddeluce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special with Power Pack 1
My seat always returns to the correct position on my 2017 unless I provide some resistance to the seat moving, like pushing on the brake pedal or having my seat belt fastened when the seat was all the way back.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My seat always returns to the correct position on my 2017 unless I provide some resistance to the seat moving, like pushing on the brake pedal or having my seat belt fastened when the seat was all the way back.
It seems to be mostly a MY 2018-1019 problem.

Jaxj50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt vert pp
Just got my 2019 GT. Memory seats do not return to preset position unless I press the start button with my foot off the brake pedal. Service department said “this is normal.”
As an aside the Intelligent access for the passenger door only works some of the time.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
How do you expect the seat to move otherwise? It needs to know you want to do something...I get in mine, with foot off brake pedal, press the start button once, seat and mirrors move and fuel pump pressurizes, then I put on my seat belt, then I put foot on brake pedal, push in the clutch, and press start again to start car. Sounds normal to me. Sorry about your passenger door handle, sounds like a warranty trip to the dealer.

Last edited:

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my 2019 GT. Memory seats do not return to preset position unless I press the start button with my foot off the brake pedal. Service department said “this is normal.”
As an aside the Intelligent access for the passenger door only works some of the time.
Mine will also move forward when pressing start with my foot ON the brake (and starting the car)
Sponsored