Easy Exit/Entry only on opening door

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
When easy exit/entry is enabled, is there a way of configuring it to slide the seat backwards only when opening the door and not just turning off the key.

If I just want to turn off the engine while waiting to pick up someone and won't be opening the door, the seat slides back immediately on powering off the engine. Can it be made to slide back only when the engine is off AND the door is opened (or the door is opened and then the engine is turned off)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Can you even turn this function off?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
You can turn it off, but I dont think it is customizable.

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
I too wish the entry ease function triggered off the door... the seat doesnt move back into position unit the car starts; my s550 is a manual and needs the clutch depressed to start. its a long reach to push in clutch with the seat way back. makes the feature kinda useless.

i just shut it off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I too wish the entry ease function triggered off the door... the seat doesnt move back into position unit the car starts; my s550 is a manual and needs the clutch depressed to start. its a long reach to push in clutch with the seat way back. makes the feature kinda useless.

i just shut it off.
Just push the start button once to the on position. That turns on the the electronics and will move the seat forward. Then you can start it.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
When I plan on staying put for a while I just try to remember to touch the seat button on the side. As soon as you touch that button the auto easy entry/exit movement stops. I've been trained since my kids sit in back I need to remember to stop the seat from crushing their legs when they are in back.

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
Just push the start button once to the on position. That turns on the the electronics and will move the seat forward. Then you can start it.
i always put in the clutch first. didnt try it the other way. thanks!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can it be made to slide back only when the engine is off AND the door is opened?
Unfortunately, I don't think so. Never seen anything in FORScan. And same thing when leaving. I warm up the engine in winter, and the stupid seat moves forward with ignition on, but doesn't slide back again to exit, and re-enter the car. It's super annoying, and useless to me, so I turned it off. Fortunately, I'm thin enough (165#) that I don't really need it. But for those who really need it :), it must suck having to put up with its lousy logic.
Sponsored