Sponsored

Annoyance; easy entry/exit

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have found one annoyance is the easy entry/exit function.

Works as it should on exit, seat moves back.

What I haven't figured out is how to get it to work when I get back in...consistently...sometimes the seat moves back, but most of the time it stays put and I end up pushing the position-memory button on the door.
Sponsored

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
I have the same situation on my '18. On the '16 never had a problem.
in my case, sometimes doesn't move foward at all, ( i have to touch the memory button switch), other times moves but miss about 4-6 inches, and others works perfect!. doesn't matter if door is open or not, or if I have seat belt or not, before touching start buttom
when the memory button is touch to complete the process it goes to the memory position.....
No codes in cpu module. dealer reset the BDM module, but still the same.
If you find solution let me know!

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
works fine in my 17 ... if you move it at all once it is back, you will have to press the memory button to move back up

Reactions: A7X
OP
OP

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have the same situation on my '18. On the '16 never had a problem.
in my case, sometimes doesn't move foward at all, ( i have to touch the memory button switch), other times moves but miss about 4-6 inches, and others works perfect!. doesn't matter if door is open or not, or if I have seat belt or not, before touching start buttom
when the memory button is touch to complete the process it goes to the memory position.....
No codes in cpu module. dealer reset the BDM module, but still the same.
If you find solution let me know!
Yeah, exactly this!

I've gotten to where I'm doing checklists getting in/out to see if it's because something isn't the same as exit vs next entry; thought being that it may default to not moving the seat should there be a difference.

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
On my 16, about once a month, it moves part of the way forward and then stops.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
My 18 is random also. If it doesnt move all the way I press the button. Hoping a future software update fixes it.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Same exact situation as the OP on my ‘17. Just like my trunk bumper button, it malfunctions only about 10% of the time. Luckily this is a very minor inconvenience which I can live with.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Is everyone who has the problem have a manual or automatic transmission? I've found the seat positions itself more accurately if you aren't pushing on the clutch and providing resistance against the seat motor (almost like the software is based upon a motor run timer vs. a position sensor). My routine is hitting one of the numbers on the door, depending upon my MyColor mood, and then putting my foot on the clutch and starting the car. Regardless, I don't have a warm fuzzy for the seat motor lasting much beyond the warranty period. It really sounds like its struggling - and I am not in the upper percentile of weight... ;-) (Not even John Candy levels like in that funny scene in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".) My Mustang is my first car I've turned on the "easy exit" function just because I've always been paranoid about the duty cycle rating on these seat motors...but I've decided the cost of a seat motor in my future is worth the ease of getting in and out of this particular car more easily.

Danman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My '17 manual has had the same problem since day 1.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
2015 Mustang GTpp w/ 80k miles. Had this feature not work right one time, seat only moved half way up. The only other times it did not work was when I had moved the seat after turning the car off.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
2016 Ecoboost with automatic. Mine always slides back for exit, but doesn't slide forward about 20% of the time........... Minor annoyance.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm 93% positive that the seat returns to the LAST position. So, if you moved the seat at all since the car was turned off, it doesn't go to your preferred position.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
On my 16, I get in the car. 6 manual. Dont touch the clutch. Push the start button to get the seat moving forward. While its moving forward I'm putting on my seat belt and letting the car wake up. Then when the seat is all the way forward, then I push in the clutch and hit the button to start the car. I never move the seat. Looks like I'm lucky that mine only has problems once a month or so. And I am also nervous that this motor will have a short lifetime with all this movement. And I'm not heavy either.
Sponsored