Sponsored

And It's Official

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If the goals for carbon neutrality are to be met in 30 years, I'm afraid it needs to start happening now...
Sure it would need to start now if electricity power is clean and carbon free. Given the way electricity is produced today and for the next few decades, I can't see us being carbon free this way in 30 years. It's only replacing one set of carbon emissions with another.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Exactly why I bought the Mach 1. V8's and manual transmissions are an endangered species.
Same here...one more time!!! VROOOOM!!!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's only replacing one set of carbon emissions with another.
It should go hand it hand. In the transitional period the effectivity of electric car is on a whole another level and effectivity of coal plants is also higher than gas combustion. It'll all change - power generation, cars, construction materials, buildings heat losses...

Don't think this is the place for that discussion, though. Here we can join under common cause and together piss against the wind 😁

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, sad times for true muscle cars. But, current ones are not going anywhere and will be here for a long time. New generations will adapt with new technology. Let's face the truth, electric cars have even more muscle and that'll be their selling point. 1000+ hp for affordable price? Easy. Range is not an issue for us considering the range of muscle cars, haha. It's stuff for new generation, not us. No need to buy a new car every few years, is it, really?

The idea is to not let the world die for our grandchildren. They'd think badly about us after New York or London got flooded by risen sea level, for which you might not care, but the possibility is very real. If they knew about it 50 years ago maybe they would have acted, but the world need to mature and connect first before something could happen on global scale. Guess that time is now and it's unavoidable. I am ready, though. V8 for weekends, wouldn't mind electric/hybrid for daily.
Not buying the whole flood BS, I have valid reasons for that but way to involved to list here,

That said the world is not ready, nor will be ready in the next decade, for electric cars. The logistics alone are not capable of supporting everyone charging for 30-60 min every 4-5 hours. The grid is no where near capable of handling that either.

This is not a natural evolution either, this is a forced advancement that is not ready. In the past, the advancement of steam and ICE was supported by governments investing into the infrastructure. The technology was proven. But no governments forced horses into pasture to make way for the new technology. It happened naturally, when horses were truly obsolete.

The Internal combustion engine is still the best available option for travel and will be for a long time. Governments need to put their peoples money into building out the infrastructure for electric and stop trying to force out the ICE prematurely.

It’s like they are collectively trying to wave a magic wand “well if we ban it they will have no choice but to use electric”. It don’t work like that. You can’t just force an idea/technology into being by eliminating all other ideas/technology.

Just look at what’s going on on the grid side. Trying to phase out coal, phasing out nuclear, and oil. Wtf is going to power these cars, and our homes, pixie dust?

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Electric cars are not “muscle.”. just being fast off the line wasn’t what made a muscle car, a muscle car. it’s the overall experience, it’s the rumble and sound of that V8, it’s the full interaction you get with the car. i consider my GT a muscle car because it has that feedback and feel of muscle, with that ridiuclous v8 growl i absolutely love. if i had the exact same mustang, but it was electric, i would not consider that muscle for even a second.
100% here. couldnt care less if my car would get destroyed by a tesla from a dig. or some eMuscle car that will be out soon. different experience altogether. i dont go to the gym everyday trying to bench 500 pounds or expecting to be the next Brian Shaw either. driving around in my SN with a lumpy cam and whistle from the vortech is more satisfying personally :rockon:

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
It’s like they are collectively trying to wave a magic wand “well if we ban it they will have no choice but to use electric”. It don’t work like that. You can’t just force an idea/technology into being by eliminating all other ideas/technology.
Sure it does. Go buy a new plasma tv.....or a new car that uses leaded gas........or a point distributor.........this has been the way of things for all time and will never change.

They will simply make owning cars like these incredibly expensive via taxes etc. so you'll one day cave and go for what they deem best for the public. Number one reason I bought the Shelby, to enjoy it while I can.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I am glad I bought my first V8 this year then. I planned to buy one in 8-10 years. I am glad I moved that up.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Not buying the whole flood BS, I have valid reasons for that but way to involved to list here,

That said the world is not ready, nor will be ready in the next decade, for electric cars. The logistics alone are not capable of supporting everyone charging for 30-60 min every 4-5 hours. The grid is no where near capable of handling that either.

This is not a natural evolution either, this is a forced advancement that is not ready. In the past, the advancement of steam and ICE was supported by governments investing into the infrastructure. The technology was proven. But no governments forced horses into pasture to make way for the new technology. It happened naturally, when horses were truly obsolete.

The Internal combustion engine is still the best available option for travel and will be for a long time. Governments need to put their peoples money into building out the infrastructure for electric and stop trying to force out the ICE prematurely.

Just look at what’s going on on the grid side. Trying to phase out coal, phasing out nuclear, and oil. Wtf is going to power these cars, and our homes, pixie dust?
It's about control. Most people don't think of that. There are huge environmental costs in producing solar and wind power, with non-renewable resources. Then, where do you put all the waste. I work in the plastics industry, and almost everything is made from crude oil. It's not going away, if they want it to, our lives would be drastically different, and not for the better.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Sure it does. Go buy a new plasma tv.....or a new car that uses leaded gas........or a point distributor.........this has been the way of things for all time and will never change.

They will simply make owning cars like these incredibly expensive via taxes etc. so you'll one day cave and go for what they deem best for the public. Number one reason I bought the Shelby, to enjoy it while I can.
It is and it isn’t.

Lead was added to gasoline, and banning it did not end the use of cars that used leaded gas. TVs are still way cheaper by comparison than they were 70 years ago and still are deflating.

When governments try and force change through laws vs supporting the change as it naturally happening bad things have almost always become of it.

Note, I’m not talking about righting an injustice that was morally objectionable to begin with, totally different.

Second note, I hope you are enjoying your Shelby as much as I’m enjoying my MACH1 👍

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
It's about control. Most people don't think of that. There are huge environmental costs in producing solar and wind power, with non-renewable resources. Then, where do you put all the waste. I work in the plastics industry, and almost everything is made from crude oil. It's not going away, if they want it to, our lives would be drastically different, and not for the better.
Bingo!

It’s about control.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
It is and it isn’t.

Lead was added to gasoline, and banning it did not end the use of cars that used leaded gas. TVs are still way cheaper by comparison than they were 70 years ago and still are deflating.

When governments try and force change through laws vs supporting the change as it naturally happening bad things have almost always become of it.

Note, I’m not talking about righting an injustice that was morally objectionable to begin with, totally different.

Second note, I hope you are enjoying your Shelby as much as I’m enjoying my MACH1 👍
Right.......and then they stopped adding lead to gas....which led to production of cars that only use unleaded gas. The point is that as technology changes products will simply disappear off the market as time goes on, this will never change.

I saw my first Mach 1 on the road a couple of days ago, great looking cars.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Right.......and then they stopped adding lead to gas....which led to production of cars that only use unleaded gas. The point is that as technology changes products will simply disappear off the market as time goes on, this will never change.

I saw my first Mach 1 on the road a couple of days ago, great looking cars.
Again, lead was an additive to stop engine knock, it was pretty much obsolete by the time it was banned.

As to the evolution of technology I do not disagree in spirit , but this is not a natural evolution. There is not even close to level of support for this new technology all throughout the supply chain.

On top of that they are also gutting ways to actually power the electric cars. Not because it’s obsolete, but because of control.

Imagine if the world had banned the use of coal just as steam arrived.
Sponsored