Sponsored

And It's Official

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Dodge CEO just announced that Charger and Challenger are dead after 2023 model year, this goes along with the Camaro no longer made after 2023. Makes you wonder if the s650 is going to be a neutered car. Thank god I have my Mad Max car already!
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Armageddon ,let your light in.We may all be dead by 2023. let the bad times roll. Just trying to enjoy what we had and have now.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Exactly why I bought the Mach 1. V8's and manual transmissions are an endangered species.
I think you might be right. People want what they can't have $ !
I had the last 19 Corvette GS Manual and just sold it for a HUGE profit. Loved the car, It's just too small for a 6'4 big guy. My Mach 1 fits me perfectly.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Exactly why I bought the Mach 1. V8's and manual transmissions are an endangered species.
My thought process exactly. Supply chain issues, parts issues. This is very likely to be one of the last of its kind. Glad I made the decision to act.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
where are you seeing this? i googled it and find nothing except something about no more hellcats after 23. not the actual charger/challenger.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
where are you seeing this? i googled it and find nothing except something about no more hellcats after 23. not the actual charger/challenger.
google Challenger News. They are not getting rid off them “technically” just getting rid of the v8 ICE and going ...

eMuscle 🤢🤮

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://jalopnik.com/dodge-sets-2024-death-date-for-charger-and-challenger-t-1848103833

there it is for anyone interested.
that’s pathetic. F that. i loved challengers, that’s some classic muscle right there. it’s becoming the 70’s all over again, i’m glad i got my mustang this year before ford decides to make the same moronic decision.
Electric cars are simply not ready. battery tech is not where it should be. F this

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
i loved challengers, that’s some classic muscle right there. it’s becoming the 70’s all over again, i’m glad i got my mustang this year before ford decides to make the same moronic decision.
Electric cars are simply not ready.
Yeah, sad times for true muscle cars. But, current ones are not going anywhere and will be here for a long time. New generations will adapt with new technology. Let's face the truth, electric cars have even more muscle and that'll be their selling point. 1000+ hp for affordable price? Easy. Range is not an issue for us considering the range of muscle cars, haha. It's stuff for new generation, not us. No need to buy a new car every few years, is it, really?

The idea is to not let the world die for our grandchildren. They'd think badly about us after New York or London got flooded by risen sea level, for which you might not care, but the possibility is very real. If they knew about it 50 years ago maybe they would have acted, but the world need to mature and connect first before something could happen on global scale. Guess that time is now and it's unavoidable. I am ready, though. V8 for weekends, wouldn't mind electric/hybrid for daily.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Exactly why I ordered this car. Not sure what the S650 will bring, heck it may be better. But this car is the pinnacle of the S550 with a great ICE, tremec transmission, and chassis/suspension. It's probably the last ICE fun car I'll have-at least the last one purchased brand new.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, sad times for true muscle cars. But, current ones are not going anywhere and will be here for a long time. New generations will adapt with new technology. Let's face the truth, electric cars have even more muscle and that'll be their selling point. 1000+ hp for affordable price? Easy. Range is not an issue for us considering the range of muscle cars, haha. It's stuff for new generation, not us. No need to buy a new car every few years, is it, really?

The idea is to not let the world die for our grandchildren. They'd think badly about us after New York or London got flooded by risen sea level, for which you might not care, but the possibility is very real. If they knew about it 50 years ago maybe they would have acted, but the world need to mature and connect first before something could happen on global scale. Guess that time is now and it's unavoidable. I am ready, though.
Electric cars are not “muscle.”. just being fast off the line wasn’t what made a muscle car, a muscle car. it’s the overall experience, it’s the rumble and sound of that V8, it’s the full interaction you get with the car. i consider my GT a muscle car because it has that feedback and feel of muscle, with that ridiuclous v8 growl i absolutely love. if i had the exact same mustang, but it was electric, i would not consider that muscle for even a second.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@velocityblue5.0 True, the "muscle" is about the culture, brutal power and brutal noise. They'll trade noise for more power and torque. The cars already show they can turn too, so not just go in straight lines. It's inevitable evolution whether we like it or not. Every generation lives through many changes around, some are good, some are good but not for us... We chose to live in the past and not accept the change :) Those EV cars and battery tech evolve too, they're not the same as Nissan Leaf 10 years ago. Cars in 20 years won't be the same as now either. It only seems it's happening way too fast. If the goals for carbon neutrality are to be met in 30 years, I'm afraid it needs to start happening now...

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@velocityblue5.0 True, the "muscle" is about the culture, brutal power and brutal noise. They'll trade noise for more power and torque. The cars already show they can turn too, so not just go in straight lines. It's inevitable evolution whether we like it or not. Every generation lives through many changes around, some are good, some are good but not for us... We chose to live in the past and not accept the change :) Those EV cars and battery tech evolve too, they're not the same as Nissan Leaf 10 years ago. Cars in 20 years won't be the same as now either. It only seems it's happening way too fast. If the goals for carbon neutrality are to be met in 30 years, I'm afraid it needs to start happening now...
you’re right. in 20 years the tech may be perfected. however battery tech right now is not where it should be with our advancements in tech. the fact degradation is so easy and these things can combust if cells are easily messed up, i just don’t trust it. and sure fast charging is great, but fast charging creates heat which degrades battery life. so until there’s battery tech that won’t degrade from a fast charge, i do not want to even fathom the thought of electric when i can go fill up my car in 1 minute at a gas station. and i’m not even some old man here lol i’m 34.
Sponsored