Sponsored

Imagine we're in UK, and it's 2029

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Did you see the news UK will stop using combustion engine by 2030?

I will go out to buy me a brand new Mustang GT Premium 6 speed, so I'll have gas engine car.

What would you be doing? Buy a battery car, unable to drive across this huge CONUS East coast to West coast?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
First of all, they will stop selling ICE cars in 2030, I don't think they are taking every single existing ICE car off the road and crushing them on January 1, 2030.

Second, I don't think it will stick. Without major innovations to the battery and charging, and major infrastructure changes, going purely electric is going to be a very hard thing to stick and work well. I wouldn't worry about electric cars in our lifetime, and I am a firm believer that electric cars are not the future but a stop gap to the next clean power system like hyrdogen. Electricity and batteries are not clean, so in 20 years there will be a slew of new environmentalists that are going to attack the dirty and polluting aspects of electricity generation and battery creation.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I'll be a Green New Deal believer, when they fly on a battery operated 747 jet over the Pacific ocean.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I think it will be harder than they think to stop production completely. Now, Hybrid electric/gas may be a more true idea.

And just think, we are 5 years behind' "where we're going, we don't need roads..." (Back to the Future reference)
Sponsored