Sponsored

Official: 2022 Maverick Pickup Truck Starts Under $20K and Gets 40MPG

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
They own the name already and it’s a cool name. My first car was a straight 6 maverick so I officially allow ford to re use it on this. Gg. I like it and may consider one depending how it drives. If sketchy at hwy speeds nope.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
meh...Looks like a Dodge front end.

Besides, Ford isn't going to be able to sustain itself on trucks, SUVs and CUVs alone - they're going to find that out eventually. People want choices and cars, not Truck/CUV/SUV vehicles that look like everything else out there....

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
WTF is up with Ford using names of vehicles that have no relation to the original vehicle? No creativity apparently.
They own the name already and it’s a cool name. My first car was a straight 6 maverick so I officially allow ford to re use it on this. Gg. I like it and may consider one depending how it drives. If sketchy at hwy speeds nope.
IIRC, a vehicle manufacturer has so many years to renew their copyrighted name plates and if they don't, the name can be taken or used by anyone after it hits the expiration date.

I also agree that it's lunacy to name a TRUCK the name of what used to be a car.... just stupid.

So be prepared when Thunderbird and Cougar are turned into trucks next.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
IIRC, a vehicle manufacturer has so many years to renew their copyrighted name plates and if they don't, the name can be taken or used by anyone after it hits the expiration date.

I also agree that it's lunacy to name a TRUCK the name of what used to be a car.... just stupid.

So be prepared when Thunderbird and Cougar are turned into trucks next.
Explorer used to be a truck name.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just watched a video of the Maverick vs the Santa Cruz. And I gotta say I like the Hyundai a lot better.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
CUV is just a tall car on raised suspension. I don't see the 'low slung' sedan making a comeback. Not from Detroit anyway. Excepting the 'muscle' cars.

Brand allegiance doesn't exist anymore. When I turn my F150 in it'll be for a Colorado or Frontier.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I just watched a video of the Maverick vs the Santa Cruz. And I gotta say I like the Hyundai a lot better.
Much nicer looking, and more power in the Hyundai. Better MPG, larger bed, and lower price on the maverick.

MikeDawg5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
My dad and I both used to have 90s/00s era Rangers. Size-wise, this is close although unibody vs body-on-frame. But look at the advancements in the structural body of the Mustang in just a few short years. You could barely jack up a stock SN95 without bending it. The little engine will out-tow anything Ford put in the older Rangers also.

I currently have my 2020 GTPP and a 97 F150 4.6 4WD shitbox (although it only has 186k on the odo, I still hate everything about it. I’ll seriously consider the Maverick as a car/truck to drive around in and take on trips/camping. I can even haul a few ATVs (with the tow package) for our frequent trips to Uwharrie and get better than 10mpg. I’ll give it a year on the road and if they don’t suck, I’ll grab a FX4.

My dad has a 2003 F150 with only 50k on it (bought it new and it’s lived in a garage while he’s driven nice company vehicles). Also has a 2004 F150 4WD as a hunting/boat-hauling truck. He’s retiring next year and will no longer have a company vehicle, so he’ll likely sell the 2004 and buy one of these.

I like the specs on it.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda want one. if I ever need a truck, I think I will buy one of these. for real.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
22-ford-maverick-pickup-truck-revealed-debut-3-jpg.jpg

2-ford-maverick-pickup-truck-revealed-debut-30-jpg.jpg

Ooof, honestly this is one of the ugliest cars Ford has made in a long time to me. The whole proportions with huge headlights which are nearly as big as the grille and the big plastic lower bumper look like a funny cartoon version of a F150
I think its also ugly, but I dont know why but it appeals to me. I hate trucks, I use my Scion tC to pull trailer, but it is coming up 200k miles, if it ever blew up or got totaled, id really be looking at one of these. perfect for costco/sams club runs and pulling around my little utility trailer.

I kind of want to buy one of those zero turn mowers and run around during summer cutting grass. they make ridiculous money. brb. people paying 50 a week for cut, I will undercut for 30 a cut. lol hit my entire few blocks every week

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
people paying 50 a week for cut, I will undercut for 30 a cut. lol hit my entire few blocks every week
make sure you buy the EV version of the mower. That way you can spend $300 on batteries alone, and only do 3 yards before you're all out of juice and have to wait 10 hours for a re-charge. But hey, you won't be spewing blue smoke and bothering jellow jackets and carpenter bees none. Or having to wear ear protection...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
make sure you buy the EV version of the mower. That way you can spend $300 on batteries alone, and only do 3 yards before you're all out of juice and have to wait 10 hours for a re-charge. But hey, you won't be spewing blue smoke and bothering jellow jackets and carpenter bees none. Or having to wear ear protection...
I use my apple AirPods lol. active noise cancelation, I barely hear my mower.