Official: 2022 Maverick Pickup Truck Starts Under $20K and Gets 40MPG

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
This is not a truck has one would think "truck"
This vehicle isn't designed to carry bricks, or lumber. This vehicle and a 10 foot trailer will be a perfect march.
The bed is designed for light duty stuff. Tents bikes camping gear climbing gear sports dear. Bags of mulch .
Thats the issue, people buy trucks but rarely use them as a truck. So now you have a "truck" you can reach inside bed and load smaller items. Stuff won't get lost in the bed so to say.
Still can see it being a good vehicle for active adults
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a truck has one would think "truck"
This vehicle isn't designed to carry bricks, or lumber. This vehicle and a 10 foot trailer will be a perfect march.
The bed is designed for light duty stuff. Tents bikes camping gear climbing gear sports dear. Bags of mulch .
Thats the issue, people buy trucks but rarely use them as a truck. So now you have a "truck" you can reach inside bed and load smaller items. Stuff won't get lost in the bed so to say.
Still can see it being a good vehicle for active adults
right up my alley, really appealing to me.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
So be prepared when Thunderbird and Cougar are turned into trucks next.
Good point my friend:
Thunderbird and more.............

pu.jpg

pu1.jpg

pu2.jpg

pu3.jpg

pu4.jpg

pu5.jpg

The Montego actually looks pretty good............. move over Ranchero!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
pu4.jpg

The Montego actually looks pretty good............. move over Ranchero!
Really good.

I had a big block powered '75 Ranchero GT back in the '90s and loved it, one of many I wish I had kept. I've always thought that a modern AWD Ranchero would be awesome.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I know most on here don’t like the Maverick much but I ordered one.

Sold my 2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4 that got 13 mpg. Didn’t use it much due to poor gas mileage and rarely used it as a full load/heavy tow vehicle. Basically it was over kill for my needs but I got a good deal on it 4.5 years ago.

Will be using the Maverick for commuting/errands, pulling my 4’x8’ trailer and occasional Home Depot/Lowe’s runs. Will be getting a boat soon. I’ll be saving my Mustang for weekends and days off.

Going with the 2.0 EB, AWD, 4K Towing.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I know most on here don’t like the Maverick much but I ordered one.

Sold my 2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4 that got 13 mpg. Didn’t use it much due to poor gas mileage and rarely used it as a full load/heavy tow vehicle. Basically it was over kill for my needs but I got a good deal on it 4.5 years ago.

Will be using the Maverick for commuting/errands, pulling my 4’x8’ trailer and occasional Home Depot/Lowe’s runs. Will be getting a boat soon. I’ll be saving my Mustang for weekends and days off.

Going with the 2.0 EB, AWD, 4K Towing.
Nice, I totally get it. Maverick would be all the truck I need for the occasional bag of fertilizer or miscellaneous hardware store run. Looking into getting a stripper 2.0 EB FWD

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Nice, I totally get it. Maverick would be all the truck I need for the occasional bag of fertilizer or miscellaneous hardware store run. Looking into getting a stripper 2.0 EB FWD
Yea I think it will be a great little truck. You can haul 18 sheets of 4’x8’, 3/4”plywood or 37 bags of 40# mulch. Glad Ford is bringing back the subcompact truck. Been wanting a smaller truck for a while now.
Sponsored