Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yea, Chicago rolls right along. 50 on 30 streets, 55-60 on 35's and 80-100 on the highways. Everybody does the limit by the cities speed cameras though.
I saw an article yesterday they are fighting about whether to adjust the speed cameras to start issue tickets for 10mph over the limit instead of the current 6mph. The mayor was fighting it and claiming it's a safety issue, but it was being debated within the department of FINANCE so I lost interest and stopped reading the article. You'll never change my mind that speed cameras are a revenue generating scam and nothing more.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I saw an article yesterday they are fighting about whether to adjust the speed cameras to start issue tickets for 10mph over the limit instead of the current 6mph. The mayor was fighting it and claiming it's a safety issue, but it was being debated within the department of FINANCE so I lost interest and stopped reading the article. You'll never change my mind that speed cameras are a revenue generating scam and nothing more.
Speed tickets in any form are a revenue scam. There is a cop that sits on a mountain near my house every Sunday morning at about 7 am. This mountain is steep where to hold the 40mph limit you have to ride your brakes...it makes no sense. Yet there he is all the time busting the one car going up or down the mountain at that time. THere is zero danger from that guy on that hill...but he certainly makes for a good contribution to the PD retirement fund.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Always liked the front end on that era Silverado
Here’s what the front end looks like after a 6 hour drive in an ice storm 😂

122DDFDA-D591-442A-87A1-E6529F110320.jpeg

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
When I had my Ecoboost all I heard was "Why didn't you get the V8"? Now with the Mach 1 all I hear is "It doesn't have the Voodoo? You should've bought the Shelby GT350!" You can't win.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
When I had my Ecoboost all I heard was "Why didn't you get the V8"? Now with the Mach 1 all I hear is "It doesn't have the Voodoo? You should've bought the Shelby GT350!" You can't win.
It’s funny, so many people want to argue about how much better the 350 is. But ask GT500 guys whether they like it and most say it’s underpowered. I’d love to see a comparison of a Mach and a GT350 with blowers vs a GT500. Similar power and handling but big price differences. Even if cost wasn’t a factor I’d take a blown Mach all day. Can’t get a stick with the 500 and more reliable than the 350.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yeah I've heard this plenty as well, I'm upgrading from a V6 myself and will hopefully have my Mach 1 in the next month or two.

Usually these guys are driving riced-out Honda Civics from 2008 or rusted old trucks from my experience. Just ask them what they drive, ask them why they didn't get the halo model of their car, and watch em shut right up.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Not a Mach 1 but I constantly get "Is that a factory color?" even from Ford dealer sales people. I'm like really? You should know about the cars you sell.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Not a Mach 1 but I constantly get "Is that a factory color?" even from Ford dealer sales people. I'm like really? You should know about the cars you sell.
be shocked to see how many dealership folks are more professional sales/business people than car people. Which I would think that means learn as much about your product as possible but they don't. Salesman at place I did not purchase from told me the 500 came with a stick and the 350 was still available to buy. Im sure ill get a ton of dumb questions from now during my travels with random strangers.