Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Well, they were right so.......?
Just referencing people specifically calling it a Mach 1 and not trying to get specific to what type like ecoboost/gt/500 etc
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am of the view the Mach 1 is a nice track car but is an uncomfortable handful on the streets. I gave it brief consideration Fall of 21 when I ordered my GT.

A review here https://driving.ca/reviews/road-test/road-test-2021-ford-mustang-mach-1
Without clicking on that link, I can say your claim is false. I drive a handling pack one on the streets and there's nothing uncomfortable about it at all. Then again I'm also not driving over potholes and terrible roads either so that could be something as well.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I have gotten the "is that the electric one" at more than a few car gatherings. The other one I have had a few times is the claim that it is fake..."they didn't do a Mach 1 in this gen...there are no new Mach 1s...etc." I mostly have been heavily complimented on it...most of the negative detractors are usually GT350 owners and GT owners that have done frankenstein mods to their cars to be honest.
Thank Ford and their progressive "visionary" marketing team for all of the Mach vs Mach confusion.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Yep...rumor has it the 21 Mach 1 originally was going to be the new Boss car but they had to do damage control on the Mach name due to the fallout over the horrible decision to call a CUV a Mustang.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yep...rumor has it the 21 Mach 1 originally was going to be the new Boss car but they had to do damage control on the Mach name due to the fallout over the horrible decision to call a CUV a Mustang.
Could you imagine if we would have gotten a 5.2L predator without the SC?

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Without clicking on that link, I can say your claim is false. I drive a handling pack one on the streets and there's nothing uncomfortable about it at all. Then again I'm also not driving over potholes and terrible roads either so that could be something as well.
I live in Minnesota and our roads are by no means good. I have a 21 HP as well and have 0 issues on the road and it's a very comfortable drive. I've gone to Chicago and back which was approx 500miles one way and it was a great ride and have no complaints other than people in Chicago are crazy and the flow of traffic runs around 20mph on avg over the limit. The first hour of my drive home I was going between 90-100mph cause that's how fast most everyone was going.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I live in Minnesota and our roads are by no means good. I have a 21 HP as well and have 0 issues on the road and it's a very comfortable drive. I've gone to Chicago and back which was approx 500miles one way and it was a great ride and have no complaints other than people in Chicago are crazy and the flow of traffic runs around 20mph on avg over the limit. The first hour of my drive home I was going between 90-100mph cause that's how fast most everyone was going.
One thing my wife said is how quiet the car is at high speeds and that she wouldn't even know I was going 100 mph if I didn't say anything or she didn't look. They are very stable cars.

Houston area is like that too. 290W speed limit is 65 and everyone is going 80-90 mph.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
If I were king for a day, it would have been the 5.2 with the Cross plane...essentially make it a NA version of the GT500 across the board. I would have put the DCT in it for the AT option. Would have made for the perfect choice of a mid-point between the GT and the GT500. That probably would have stepped on the GT350 heritage too much though. I bet the Boss is the first high end variant of the S650 and it will probably be something like what we are talking about here. The highest NA engine available...although I don't think the 5.2 will survive contact with the new EPA regs if the 5.0 had to be reduced.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
If I were king for a day, it would have been the 5.2 with the Cross plane...essentially make it a NA version of the GT500 across the board. I would have put the DCT in it for the AT option. Would have made for the perfect choice of a mid-point between the GT and the GT500. That probably would have stepped on the GT350 heritage too much though. I bet the Boss is the first high end variant of the S650 and it will probably be something like what we are talking about here. The highest NA engine available...although I don't think the 5.2 will survive contact with the new EPA regs if the 5.0 had to be reduced.
Similar idea to the s197 Boss 302 in that it's roadrunner was forged and good to handle 8-900whp all day long.

Not a bad idea, an NA 5.2, although probably not enough differentiation between a Gen 3 5.0 and that motor to make Ford interested.

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Dump marketing. Nobody who wants an EV CUV knows what a Mach 1 is. Could have used the Mustang name without using the Mach nameplate. Its an EV, create a new name. "Mach-E" should have been saved for the EV version of the Mach 1 coupe.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yea, Chicago rolls right along. 50 on 30 streets, 55-60 on 35's and 80-100 on the highways. Everybody does the limit by the cities speed cameras though.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
One thing my wife said is how quiet the car is at high speeds and that she wouldn't even know I was going 100 mph if I didn't say anything or she didn't look. They are very stable cars.

Houston area is like that too. 290W speed limit is 65 and everyone is going 80-90 mph.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is at high speeds as well. Definitely can tell you're scooting a little bit but does not feel like you're going that fast compared to lots of other vehicles. Cruises extremely well and especially at high speeds.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Dump marketing. Nobody who wants an EV CUV knows what a Mach 1 is. Could have used the Mustang name without using the Mach nameplate. Its an EV, create a new name. "Mach-E" should have been saved for the EV version of the Mach 1 coupe.
I don't agree with them using the mustang nameplate at all on it, however, if they were set on it, should have really just been Mustang E or E Mustang

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
First time I filled her up, I saw a couple of kids staring at her and as I pulled away I heard one say, oh its one of those new Mach Es.
And last car meet I was at a owner of a Beautiful 390, 69 Mach 1 asked if mine was a V6.
Sponsored